News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Munitorum Field Manual 2021 Mk I

Started by Cammerz, April 15, 2021, 11:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

Hey look, a new 40k post!

Not sure whether anyone here will have any insight but I've noticed that the Munitorum Field Manual 2021 Mk I that came with last month's White Dwarf has some disparities with the Munitorum Field Manual 2021 Mk I downloadable from the Warhammer Community site (dated 04/02/2021). I got the WD one more recently but I have no idea when it was printed.

There aren't many changes but I noticed that the WD one has Inquisitorial Acolytes 1pt cheaper than the PDF which affects two of my armies and several army lists.

I have a feeling that this is the third Munitorum Field Manual 2021 Mk I so far, it makes you wonder why they didn't call the second one Mk II and the most recent one Mk III.

Edit: I sent an email to the 40k rules team but, rather unhelpfully, the automated reply said "While we can't respond personally, rest assured that your message will be read and taken into consideration when we're writing the next set of FAQs."

Mabbz

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't know the Munitorum Field Manual was a thing, I haven't been paying much attention to warhammer news since I haven't been able to play since the first covid lockdown.

With the discrepancies, it's probably a misprint. The only question is, have they misprinted the point's value, or the Mk I?

Cammerz

Well if this is at least the third Mk I so far, I personally think they've forgotten. As I'm not expecting a response from the 40k rules team, I sent another to Customer Services this morning as they're usually pretty good at responding.

I also suggested that they start calling them Mk II, Mk III etc.

EDIT: Just received a response from Customer Support

"Please accept my apologies for any confusion between the printed and digital values.

I believe the lead time on White Dwarf and other printed matter means the values on the Warhammer Community PDF are the most up to date. Alas my poor Ork Nobz Kombi shoots are once again no longer free! Hopefully this will reassure your acolytes that the rokkits being shot at them are no longer manifested from thin air, but the opposing nobz had to pay some good teef for them!"