News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Slave Raid - Slaanesh Chaos vs Dark Eldar, 2000 Points

Started by Arguleon-veq, October 13, 2012, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I had a game the other day against Dark Eldar. I got to try out the new Chaos and give my Violator army a run out [it has been collecting dust for quite a while]. Here is what I used:

Demetrius throbbed with satisfaction at every cry of anguish from the hordes of slaves being forced into the transport craft.

His dreadnought sarcophagus was open, revealing the withered and rotted torso of the great violator commander. It was open to allow him to savour the full delights of victory. Feeder ganglia sprouting from his ruptured chest and lipless mouth, writhing with pleasure at the ecstasy of despair. His deadly power scourge now more an extension of his mutated form than a weapon, writhing in imitation of the ganglia.

He watched his blue armoured warriors at work, those without helmets showing the gifts of their patron, Slaanesh. Skin tinged blue that wept a sweet smelling purple intoxicant instead of the sweat that polluted the skins of the unblessed rabble currently being gathered into the cavernous lander.

This backwater world had been an easy target, his elite warriors launching an assault through enemy quadgun fire in their thunderhawks before their sonic weapons shredded the hapless guardsmen from behind their defence lines. His vindicators had punched a breach in the enemy fortification the cowering populace had taken refuge in and he himself had led the assault, butchering the surviving defenders with his ancient assault cannon.

The prize was his.

Chaos Lord: Mark of Slaanesh, Pair of Lightning Claws, 5+ Ward, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs.
Chaos Sorcerer: Lvl3, Mark of Slaanesh.

9 Noise Marines: 5 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Asp Champ - Melta Bombs + Lightning Claw, Doom Siren.
9 Noise Marines: 5 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Asp Champ - Melta Bombs + Lightning Claw, Doom Siren.

30 Cultists: Autoguns, 3 Heavy Stubbers.

Defense Line: Quadgun

Helldrake: Baleflamer
Helldrake: Autocannon

Vindicator: Possession, Combi Bolter
Vindicator: Possession, Combi Bolter

Dreadnought: Autocannon, Scourge.

I was to face off against this Dark Eldar force:

The webway portal burst open, unleashing teaming hordes of skyboard mounted hellions flanked by sleek bodied skimmers.

The Baron grinned a feral grin at the thought of the slaughter and slaves they would reap from this pathetic human world.

His outriders sped ahead, pushing their skyboards to the limit, they would not be able to resist taking first blood from the terrified humans. Yet they returned in minutes with news of mutant space marines manning the citys quad guns, the population already in chains.

The Baron sneered at his warriors fear and snarled
'Then they have already done our job for us, and what a price these tainted marines will bring in the fighting pits!'
He let out an inhuman warcry and dived down through the clouds, his raiders at his heels.

Baron:
10 Hellions:
10 Hellions:
10 Hellions:
10 Wyches:
Raider
: Disintegrator
10 Bloodbrides:
Raider:
Disintegrator
5 Incubi:
Venom: 2 Splinter Cannons
Ravager: 3 Lances
Ravager: 3 Lances
10 Scourges: 4 Haywires

[plus various upgrades]

Mission: 5 Objectives
Deployment: Dawn of War

X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

I got enfeeble for my Sorc along with the slaanesh primaris power and the one that makes my sonic weapons better. For my warlords trait I get one that lets me infiltrate units, I roll and get to do it with 2.

Deployment:

In my deployment zone there are two massive bunkers with a bridge spanning them, underneath the bridge I place my defence line and quad gun. I crowd my cultists in underneath the bridge behind the defense line, my vindicators and demetrius [dreadnought] hide out of LOS behind the bunkers. I place my none infiltrating units on the bridge and the other two either side of the gap between the bunkers, but still behind some of the defence line.

There is a large bunker on the left hand side of the table and a big ruin on the right with some scatter terrain in the middle of the table. In his deployment zone there is a big building in the middle, hills on both sides and a giant archway on the right.

His Baron goes with his central hellions in and around the building. The other hellions go on both flanks along with a raider and ravager on each with the incubi in venom being quite central.

Objectives:

I had one behind each bunker in my depo zone whilst the DE had them spread out evenly across the middle of the table behind heavy cover.

First Turn:

The Dark Eldar swooped silently now between the ruins of the slums that lay outside of the fortified city, ready to sweep in the enemy lines in a surprise assault whilst they were preoccupied in gathering their slaves.

Then out of nowhere all hell breaks loose, a physical wave of deafening noise crashes through the Barons unit, toppling the fearless Baron himself from his skyboard and sending him plummeting through the top floor of a ruined building.

A mighty quadgun opens up and seconds later finds its target as a raider explodes, even the agile wyches it was carrying unable to leap free of the explosion in time, leaving only a few alive.

A huge dreadnought stalks into the open and rakes a ravager with its assault cannon, deadly accurate from centuries of warfare, leaving the light armour of the skimmer shredded but the ravager stayed airborne with all its weapons intact.

With the Baron down and their surprise assault in tatters the squad leaders urge their warriors on to close with the enemy as quickly as possible.

I went first and thanks to my two infiltrating units, I was in range with them from the off. My dread stalked into the open to take a hull point from a ravager whilst my unit on the bride took a hull point from another. My vindicators were out of range but my chaos lord manning the quad gun did blow away a raider and 7 wyches inside died in the explosion. The barons unit denied the witch twice on my Sorcerer but the noise marines jut the job done, gunning down 7 hellions and the baron himself with sheer weight of fire.

Knowing speed was of the essence the Dark Eldar surged forwards as they needed to tie me up as hiding in cover wouldnt do much good against sonic weapons. The Bloodbrides got out of their raider and prepared to try a long charge on my central position against one of my noise marine units behind the defence line.

The venom gunned down a few of the target squad whilst the ravagers took a hull point from each vindicator, both ignoring stunned results thanks to possession and rolling a 2+ though.

Squad Skrilix watched the lithe un-armoured Dark Eldar leap from their skiff and charge screaming towards them, although impressed by their speed and agility, the squad shouldered their weapons and unleashed a hail of fire at the enemy, yet none fell. Every one ducking or dodging the incoming fire. Skrillix himself stepped forward, unleashing his most prized weapon and two of the enemy fell to the cloud of glittering fumes unleashed. It was not enough, the enemy burst through the cloud and over the defence line, screaming as they went. One warrior woman bedecked in trophies cutting the throat of Skrillix in a single savage strike.

The bloodbrides made their long charge despite difficult terrain and only lost 2 on the way in. The champ then killed my champ with her agoniser and I lose another marine, I only kill 1 bloodbride in return but im fearless so I hold.

Turn 2:

A hellblade fighter streaks overhead unleashing an incendiary missile into the skyboard mounted enemy.

Demetrius stalks forwards, his assault cannon unrelenting, stripping his target skimmer to scrap metal. He gestures his armour forward, their mighty short ranged cannons blowing huge holes in the enemy assault.

My baleflamer helldrake arrives.

My vindicators roll forwards. The other noise marines on the ground move ready to give a supporting charge for their struggling battle brothers. Demetrius guns down the ravager on my left flank. The vindi on my left blows a massive hole in the hellion squad on that flank. My lord on quadgun downs the venom and my noise marines on the bridge gun down the incubi inside it.

The helldrake burns down most of the hellion squad on my right flank leaving the Dark Eldar in a pretty bad way.

I make my supporting charge and also manage to enfeeble the bloodbrides. The champ then proceeds to cut down my sorcerer in a single round of combat and the bloodbrides again manage another kill despite being S2. I again only manage to down a couple of bloodbrides and combat is drawn.

Sylvok worked his magic on the enemy he is closing on, he can see them slowing down, their arms feeling heavier, weaker. He vaults the defence line with anticipation flowing through him at the thought of butchering this weakened foe but before his feet touch down on the other side of the barricade a wicked spear is plunged through his chest. He passes out from shock, collapsing in a heap on the other side. The grisly champion spinning back into the melee, spear and sword a blur of motion still screaming her wicked warcry.

The scourges arrive for the dark eldar whilst the few surviving hellions on each flank swoop towards the vindicators hoping to finish them in combat by glancing them to death. The scourges hope for some lucky 6's against the helldrake but get none. Both hellion units manage charges against the vindicators but both depleted units only manage a single glance each, taking each vindicator down to 1 hull point.

In combat that bloodbride champ then kills ANOTHER of my aspiring champions and the bloodbrides get another noise marine. I do kill a few of them this time though leaving only a few left.

Turn 3:

The second helldrake arrives and destroys the last raider. The quadgun kills the last few wyches from the raider that died in turn 1. The baleflamer helldrake goes into skimmer mode, turns around and flames down the last of the hellions on my left flank whilst the noise marines on the bridge gun down the last of the hellions on my right flank. The vindicators landed some shots on the scourges still gathered from deepstriking, wiping them out.

This just leaves those bloodbrides locked in combat. No there is so few of them I finally overwhelm them and finish them off, that champion taking a few more noise marines with her before she went.

Demetrius watched the wyches in his lines finally start to fall, the combat drugs coursing through them finally fading. Eventually only their leader remained. She faced his warriors defiantly, weapons crossed and ready to fight to the end. With a contemptuous flick of his powerscourge, Demetrius left the champion as little more than bloody chunks of meat, the weapon cutting through her back in a heartbeat. It gave him a thrill of pleasure to give such a mighty warrior such a pathetic end, not even seeing the blow that felled her.

The last of the enemy were now in full retreat. Once again..
The prize was his.

Result: Chaos Victory

Post Game Thoughts:

Not a great deal my opponent could do really, those noise marines butcher lightly armoured troops and the skimmers just couldnt get past that quadgun. Infiltrate for me was a big game changer though, without it i wouldnt have been able to gun down the baron and a whole unit turn one. So they could have sat outside my 24'' range and had the hellions get the jump on shooting me first thanks to their effective range of 30'' then without the noise marines to cut down all the infantry it would have been a very different game.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

crisis_vyper

Brutal battle there. I will have to say that the Dark Eldar list is not as optimized your own list, which gave you an edge as your list is quite solid.

Only thing I have to ask though; have you considered taking out the dreadnought to put in something else with more punch to it, like a Havoc squad with autocannons for example? Or even have another squad of Noise Marines/cultists?

Arguleon-veq

Yeah the Dread isn't an effecient choice at all but in Violator fluff they are led by a dread so he had to be in there really. My Violators are one of my none competative armies although I think the new codex has made them fairly effective. The only thing that's really changed in the list since last edition is flyers and cultists instead of rhinos, raptors and some extra noise marines. Those are just to give me some anti air though.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on October 14, 2012, 11:20:51 AM
Yeah the Dread isn't an effecient choice at all but in Violator fluff they are led by a dread so he had to be in there really. My Violators are one of my none competative armies although I think the new codex has made them fairly effective. The only thing that's really changed in the list since last edition is flyers and cultists instead of rhinos, raptors and some extra noise marines. Those are just to give me some anti air though.

I see. The fluff bunny part of a gamer is always a hard one to take out.

My route for my Death Guard is quite similar to yours, but only that instead of adding anything truly new, I actually went back to my roots with some spice from the previous codex. My Nurgle bikers and their biker lord are back, and so are my old Havocs with some autocannons. Only thing that are really new in my list is actually the cultists, Dark Apostle and the aegis defense line. In fact, I believe that I have more units on the table than both my 4th and 5th edition Death Guard armies.

P.S: Unfortunately thanks to that Chaos boon table, I now have to get even more Daemon Princes and Spawns for the inevitability of any of my champs winning their challenge. :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: crisis_vyper on October 14, 2012, 09:15:18 AM
Brutal battle there. I will have to say that the Dark Eldar list is not as optimized your own list, which gave you an edge as your list is quite solid.
Yeah, I'm going to have to rethink my list it seems. It's nothing like effective enough in 6th, shooting is far too powerful.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

BigToof

Neat report!
Your Chaos army was pretty brutal, but great to see what the CSMs can offer!

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Karma'd!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3