News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Chaos Observations

Started by Chicop76, January 31, 2013, 05:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

1. Now the Daemon Prince for marines is very high cost, but it can get biomancy powers. Which means if you upgrade to level 2 it can get some really cool powers. If you hit 3 the chances of getting powers like iron arm turns into a 50% chance. Although expensive you can have a prince on average with toughness 7 at a 50% chance of doing so. Also if you take the axe it becomes a str 8 creature with only -1 to it's really high ws.

2. The new chariots and the Soul Grinder from the daemons book I just realised will get a +5 invulnerable save. Meaning a Grinder near a Fateweaver will have a re rollabe +5 invul save on tp of being 13 armour with 4 hull points. The re rollable on the chariots for their cheap cost now have me taking a double take on rather to take the models or not.

Brassclaw

Quote1. Now the Daemon Prince for marines is very high cost, but it can get biomancy powers. Which means if you upgrade to level 2 it can get some really cool powers. If you hit 3 the chances of getting powers like iron arm turns into a 50% chance. Although expensive you can have a prince on average with toughness 7 at a 50% chance of doing so. Also if you take the axe it becomes a str 8 creature with only -1 to it's really high ws.

Yeah, i have notice that the Iron arm is great on monstrous creatures, I have been doing it with my hive tyrants and it makes them tough as nails. also to note, that if you take the axe of blind fury, you have to take the mark of khorne, which means no psyker powers

knightperson

Unless there's a special rule for the Daemon / Chaos Marine alliance, the Soul Grinder does NOT get the 5+ invulnerable save. It's mentioned in the Daemon FAQ that the Daemon rule is modified for them. They get Fear, Immune to Fear, and Daemonic Assault, but they do not get the invulnerable save.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Chicop76

Quote from: knightperson on January 31, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
Unless there's a special rule for the Daemon / Chaos Marine alliance, the Soul Grinder does NOT get the 5+ invulnerable save. It's mentioned in the Daemon FAQ that the Daemon rule is modified for them. They get Fear, Immune to Fear, and Daemonic Assault, but they do not get the invulnerable save.

Awwwww. That would had been awesome. Well at least the seeker chariots do. I'm thinking of running 3 to deal with guard blobs.