News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Allonia's Escapades: Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Started by BigToof, May 17, 2013, 01:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Sotek

There is not a heart emoticon big enough for this chapter. Allonia is my favorite DE ever, and she and Thielbane are just too adorable.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

LinnScarlett

Yea - adorable to the point of practically giving me spontaneous diabetes! Hehe. They remind me a little of that BS Alison and I wrote about Hastur and Athyrea, Isaac. Those two are the vanillaest of vanilla couples  ::)

Alli is such a great character! I really wonder how this is all going to go down...
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

BigToof

Thank you all for the very kind words.
I didn't really plan out this chapter in its entirety, but I'm glad that it struck the chords that I hoped I was aiming for :)

Part of me is a hopeless romantic, and as much as I enjoy comedy, physical conflict, and political scheming, I do enjoy a good emotional roller-coaster.

I'm starting to wonder if I should start a new thread with a new character or if I should keep going in this line of thought.

Battle reports with the Dark Eldar will be coming up soon, and there will be shakeups that might affect my fluff here.

Let me know if anyone has a certain preference, as I do enjoy hearing what readers want :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on June 05, 2013, 02:59:37 AM
I didn't really plan out this chapter in its entirety, but I'm glad that it struck the chords that I hoped I was aiming for :)

Part of me is a hopeless romantic, and as much as I enjoy comedy, physical conflict, and political scheming, I do enjoy a good emotional roller-coaster.

I'm starting to wonder if I should start a new thread with a new character or if I should keep going in this line of thought.

Battle reports with the Dark Eldar will be coming up soon, and there will be shakeups that might affect my fluff here.

Let me know if anyone has a certain preference, as I do enjoy hearing what readers want :)

Best,
-BT

I love the Gaidens so far. But I really can't imagine Allonia's body type to be honest.  And for some reason I can't help but to imagine Ray'keth as one of the 'Misfits' from Jem. Seriously I do.

LinnScarlett

Best,
-BT

I say... BOTH?  ;D
Just do what you feel like - that's when the best writing happens! At least, for me.

I do love writing romance shenanigans too, and its something I perennially mess with when it comes to my Inquisitors because they are so... socially inept? I just find it hilarious to watch two Inquisitors go about asking the other to a date in a fashion that makes it look as if they're trying to cross a verbal minefield and wholly expect to be blown to nanobits any moment now! That, and nothing beats writing genuine bickering.  It is my not so well-kept secret that I really enjoy writing bickering characters. :facepalm001:

I think physical conflict and (especially?) political scheming allow naturally for a whole lot of emotional rollercoaster rides! Fun fun fun. Also, most of us know what emotional rollercoasters are like, so seeing characters in such situations makes them seem much more human, makes it much easier to understand (and feel sorry/happy for them).  ;D

BigToof

Quote from: crisis_vyper on June 05, 2013, 05:30:37 AM

Best,
-BT

I love the Gaidens so far. But I really can't imagine Allonia's body type to be honest.  And for some reason I can't help but to imagine Ray'keth as one of the 'Misfits' from Jem. Seriously I do.

Hi Crisis,
Well, Allonia has a fairly unremarkable thin, athletic build that's common amongst the Wyches.  In fact, that's kind of one of her problems (as far as she sees it), is that she's pretty forgettable with no real extraordinary physical attributes.
Ray'keth I could totally see as the "Misfits" hahaha.  I love that mental image!

Quote from: LinnScarlett on June 05, 2013, 09:25:18 AM

Best,
-BT

I say... BOTH?  ;D
Just do what you feel like - that's when the best writing happens! At least, for me.

I do love writing romance shenanigans too, and its something I perennially mess with when it comes to my Inquisitors because they are so... socially inept? I just find it hilarious to watch two Inquisitors go about asking the other to a date in a fashion that makes it look as if they're trying to cross a verbal minefield and wholly expect to be blown to nanobits any moment now! That, and nothing beats writing genuine bickering.  It is my not so well-kept secret that I really enjoy writing bickering characters. :facepalm001:

I think physical conflict and (especially?) political scheming allow naturally for a whole lot of emotional rollercoaster rides! Fun fun fun. Also, most of us know what emotional rollercoasters are like, so seeing characters in such situations makes them seem much more human, makes it much easier to understand (and feel sorry/happy for them).  ;D

Thanks Linn,
I think I'll try some of both then.  I have some fluff up in the Battle Report section, which will follow this chapter, and then probably either start as another thread or continue in this one, depending as it goes...
I'm not sure if the BatReps are your cup of tea, but my reps usually have a bit of both.
One of my more favorite antagonists, Lady D'ysperax is back and I have a rep of her up.

Let me know if you like it :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

LinnScarlett

Quote from: BigToof on June 07, 2013, 02:39:42 AM
Quote from: crisis_vyper on June 05, 2013, 05:30:37 AM

Best,
-BT

Hi Crisis,
Well, Allonia has a fairly unremarkable thin, athletic build that's common amongst the Wyches.  In fact, that's kind of one of her problems (as far as she sees it), is that she's pretty forgettable with no real extraordinary physical attributes.
Ray'keth I could totally see as the "Misfits" hahaha.  I love that mental image!

Quote from: LinnScarlett on June 05, 2013, 09:25:18 AM

Best,
-BT

I say... BOTH?  ;D

Thanks Linn,
I think I'll try some of both then.  I have some fluff up in the Battle Report section, which will follow this chapter, and then probably either start as another thread or continue in this one, depending as it goes...
I'm not sure if the BatReps are your cup of tea, but my reps usually have a bit of both.
One of my more favorite antagonists, Lady D'ysperax is back and I have a rep of her up.

Let me know if you like it :)

Best,
-BT

Not usually, but if anyone can make me like them I am sure its you.
By the way, new chapter, yes, now? Just because I am down with pneumonia and was dead to the world for three days straight and am only now clawing out of that pit, doesnt mean you get to slack!  ;)