News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1750 Chaos list.

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, October 10, 2012, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, I have a game against Necrons next week, and this is my list. Its not geared specifically for fighting necrons but Im hoping it will do ok.

Feedback appreciated.

HQ -

Ahriman

Warpsmith
Sigil
Mark of Tzeentch

Troops-

CSMs x10 (x2)
Veterans
M.o.T
Icon of Flame
Flamer
Autocannon
Gift of Mutation

Thousand Sons x10
Icon of Flame

Fast Attack -

Warp Talons x5
M.o.T
Gift of Mutation x2

Elites -

Mutilator x1
Mark of Nurgle

Heavy Support -

Obliterators x3
M.o.N

Forgefiend
Hades Autocannons.

From memory, the guys list contains:

2 Ghost Arks.
1 Ghost Ark with huge cannon in it.
2 smaller skimmers (like flying chairs)
1 Night Scythe
5 Wraith
20-30 Warriors
3 Heavy Destroyers

And presumably an Overlord of somekind, although I didnt actually see it.

My Plan -

Ahriman with join the Tson for some cover and (hopefully) start casting some kickass magic, seeing as I dont know what I will roll yet, I can say much more than that, but he proved effective in my last game, and as a Tzeentch player, I like having him around.

The Warpsmith will Join one of the CSM squad and then get into range and start screwing with his Ghost Arks and stuff, causing his weapons to Get Hot. This will hopefully do some of my job for me and he will glance himself to death. In the mean time they will hunt down whatever gets closest, combining firepower with the other CSM squad to deny Reanimation Protocols.

The Warp Talons are going to start on the board and make good use of cover (because annoyingly they cannot assault on the turn they deepstrike) and get up close to things like Wraiths and then shred them (Nuffle permiting)

The Oblits and the Forgefiend are going to keep their distance and try to gun down any major threats. Forgefiend will hopefully knockout that Night Sythe (which MAY be a Doom Sythe on the day) and the Oblits with use Assaultcannons to reduce the number of Warriors considerably.

The Mutilator is there because I had 65 Points left to spend, and he might just prove useful.

Thoughts, opinions, critisisms welcome.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4