News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mechanized Orks 2k (Includes Kustom Battle Fortress)

Started by Waaaghpower, July 16, 2014, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Total: 1999

Lord of War: 440
Kustom Battle Fortress - 440 Points
3 Kannons, 4 Grot Sponsons, 4 Big Shootas, 3 Supa Rokkits
(For those who aren't aware, Grot Sponsons are Twin-Linked Storm Bolters that always fire at BS3.)

Ork Horde Detachment: 1274
Warboss - Warbike, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Da Lucky Stikk - 140
Painboy - Warbike - 75
Painboy - 50
28 Ork Boys - Slugga/Choppa, Nob w/ PK + Bosspole - 208
18 Ork Boys - Slugga/Choppa, Nob w/ PK + Bosspole - 148
18 Ork Boys - Same As Above - 148
10 Warbikers - Nob w/ PK - 215
Battlewagon - 3 Big Shootas, Reinforced Ram, Boarding Plank - 145
Battlewagon - 3 Big Shootas, Reinforced Ram, Boarding Plank - 145

Combined Arms Detachment: 285
Big Mek - Mega KFF, Warbike, Killsaw - 165
Painboy - 50
10 Grots - 35
10 Grots - 35

With the Killsaw, Warboss, and Bikers I can now split up both HQs and run them into tanks, if need be. With a buttload of S10 AP2 from the Warboss, and a lot of S8 AP2 Armorbane from the Mek, I can pretty reliably pop two tanks unless they're Land Raider level tough. (Even then I give it even odds.)
The Grots don't have a lot of staying power, but I'll try to go to ground and keep them alive as long as possible. (Besides, if the enemy is shooting at them, they're shooting at the wrong enemies.)

Plus, the Battle Fortress still functions as a massive gun battery. It causes quite a bit of damage, and is a big fire magnet.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

BigToof

You might want to get more bikes, as once you hit under 10, mob rule becomes a real issue.
Perhaps getting the Big Bosspole?

Other than that, it looks like a fun list, let us know how it works!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Waaaghpower

Any tips as to where I should shave points?
I've also considered trying to drop 150 points to add Zhardsnark, to give the Warbikers 2+ Jinks...
I'm wondering if I'm really gaining much for being Battle Forged. I'm paying a 70 point model tax, for a re-roll on my Warlord trait and Hammer of Wrath occasionally when I charge. (With Boarding Planks it's about a 50/50 chance.)

Should I drop the Grots, Boarding Planks (Since HoW isn't on the table), and shave another 100 points somewhere to get Zhardsnark and the Big Bosspole?
Or possibly drop just the grots for the Bosspole and an extra Painboy.

BigToof

Quote from: Waaaghpower on July 17, 2014, 04:46:00 AM
Any tips as to where I should shave points?
I've also considered trying to drop 150 points to add Zhardsnark, to give the Warbikers 2+ Jinks...
I'm wondering if I'm really gaining much for being Battle Forged. I'm paying a 70 point model tax, for a re-roll on my Warlord trait and Hammer of Wrath occasionally when I charge. (With Boarding Planks it's about a 50/50 chance.)

Should I drop the Grots, Boarding Planks (Since HoW isn't on the table), and shave another 100 points somewhere to get Zhardsnark and the Big Bosspole?
Or possibly drop just the grots for the Bosspole and an extra Painboy.

The Bosspole becomes more and more attractive as your units get bigger.  Granted, it does require you to go to the supplement, but I think it'll have merits if you go bike heavily especially.  I think you may have too many grots, as if they lose ObjSec, then they aren't that great.  I haven't ever used Zhardsnark, but the only concern I get is that 2+ cover save is great, but it's still just a cover save, which can be removed by a number of weapons.  If you go Zhardsnark, then you probably will want to stay with ObjSec, as the bikers are that much better.  Granted, if your mates don't play a lot of Maelstrom, then that's a different story...

I have a batrep up where I got beaten up pretty badly by Orks recently, but I think it may have been a fluke?  Not sure if mech is AS good as it was previously, but I think speed can't be too underrated in 7th.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Waaaghpower

Well the unbound list (Without Zhardsnark, just dropped the Grots), and won... Butit was a bad game against a crappy,whiney opponent. It worked, but his list, gameplay, and rolls were all pathetic so I think I could have won with nothing...