News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Having sat for some time .

Started by zapper18, October 23, 2020, 11:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapper18

I feel the tau are missing something . we're lacking an infantry fighting vehicle. The devilfish is a fine vehicle it just doesn't have the  anti-vehicle firepower to support the firewarriors against other armies infantry fighting vehicle's.

Do we improve the devilfish? If so how and with what weapon or weapons do we arm it?

Or do we design a new one from the ground up?if so how and with what weapon or weapons do we arm it ?

An maybe we need some kind of antiaircraft vehicle too.

Cammerz

Well you could always give the Devilfish a couple of seeker missiles, but typically Tau work by supporting each other. They don't need a transport that can defeat armour because the Devilfish APCs should be supported by Hammerheads or Broadside Battlesuits which will give them sufficient anti-armour firepower.

When it comes to anti-air, I'm sure that was the original idea for the Skyray. Paint the fliers with markerlights and let fly with the seekers.

Mabbz

I agree with Cammerz, combined arms are meant to be the Tau's thing. That said, Seekers and Markerlights could do with some improvements to my mind. Maybe a short range pistol version of the markerlight to make it easier to get emergency hits off, and seeker variants, like an anti infantry missile, more access to destroyer missiles outside of superheavies, etc. Also Stratagems, like something that allows another unit to fire out of turn when an enemy gets within 12" of a unit you designate as the Lure during deployment (a true Kauyon rule, rather than the boring re-roll aura we have at the moment).

To be honest (and getting a little off topic), stratagems are something I feel could use a lot of work with the Tau. Of all the factions I feel the Tau deserve a bunch of powerful stratagems that require tricky circumstances to pull off. Like "use when X unit fires on an enemy with at least Y markerlight tokens and has friendly Z unit within 12 inches". I like the idea of the Tau really benefitting from having a plan and successfully executing it, it fits their theme and would help differentiate them from other factions