News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Deathwatch - The Dread Hulk [Game thread]

Started by Wargamer, September 28, 2012, 09:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Sotek

Isaac nodded and moved up to take point, peering intently though the dark, newly-opened portal now ahead of him. Breathing in, then out, he uttered a short prayer- at first, in some tongue familiar to none present, then he caught himself and began again in High Gothic. Then he advanced into the hallway, trusting implicitly that his new squadmates would follow and protect their respective angles.

"Imperator Deus, dona nobis fortitudinem adducere lucem tuam ad hoc loco caliginoso.
In nomine tuo oramus.
Per voluntatem tuam,
Sic fiat;
Amen."

Holding his shield defensively before him, lambent green eyelenses and the sights of his combi-bolter alike swept the corridor ahead for threats.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Wargamer

The hallway floor creaked and squealed in protest as the Astartes moved along it. Auspex returns were slow to clear, but they hinted at more structurally sound sections ahead.

They reached another chamber, one that might once have been some kind of control centre. It was spacious enough, though the central floor space was partly taken up by work stations and cogitator pits embedded into the floor. Dead screens hung from ceiling mounts or wall brackets, whilst piles of dry, yellowed parchment was left abandoned at work stations. The bones of some of those who had worked here still remained, killed at their station. At its height, thirty men or more had worked here.

Unseen creature scurried inside the walls. Auspex returns were more frequent and more urgent - at least a dozen humanoids were ahead of them. There were only two access points - port and aft. There may have once been a port access, but heavy computational units had been erected in front of it long before the ship was hulked.

As the first of the Deathwatch entered, a solitary lumen globe flickered into life - the last survivor of an automated system designed to bring the logistics centre to operational status the moment a work shift arrived. None of the terminals activated; the Servitors that were required to man them were all long gone.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

Severus approached one of the dead terminals, and attempted to bring it back online to gather as much information as they could.

"I suggest that the doors are covered. Assuming accurate readings we may get visitors. This room would be a good place for an ambush."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Samuel nodded in agreement at Severus' suggestion, and moved to cover the aft door.

Ravager Zero

Brother Gideon looked around the room, noting the positions of his erstwhile battle brothers. He also took a moment to study the returns on his auspex. It seemed that there were a lot of them. Shouldering past broken cogitator banks and striding over metallic scraps that may once have been pieces of servitors Gideon took up position near the aft hatch. If anything intended to harm his battle brothers it would first have to face his hammer. The massive astartes smiled as he spoke the litany of readiness and flicked the activation stud of his thunder hammer.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Vyper

Isidur moved to cover the port door. While it was blocked by the cogitator banks, anything of suitable strength could still force it's way in.

Railgun Convention

Zoltan took up position near the entrance opposite the one they had entered by, silently activating the generator in his shield and holding it up. The Blue Vipers had spent a long time working out which litanies were needed and which were redundancies, an activity that went unchecked due to the unusually direct logic that most of the chapter ran their lives by.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

TopBanana

Jarda took up a position within a cogitator pit from where he could cover Brother Gideon at the aft door, beyond with the life signs had been detected.  He also paid attention to the scuttling within the walls, lest a threat emerge from an unexpected quarter.
â€Ã...“Four and a half centuries of bitter, relentless war. A war that has swept seven sectors and hundreds of worlds. A war that has seen dozens of planets burn in the fires of Exterminatus. A war that has known the soaring heights of victory and the black depths of defeat. A war that must

Wargamer

The low ping of the auspex returns grew more urgent and more numerous. Before long the device was not needed at all - the Deathwatch could hear the Orks moving beyond the door. A dozen, perhaps more, were making their way through the sections beyond. It sounded like they were heading for the starboard hull.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

"After them Brothers. They must not be allowed to escape, nor to live."

Activating the pilot light on his flamer, Severus moved towards the doors nearest to the Orks position. He opened the doors and uleashed a gout of burning prometheum at whatever lay beyond.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

Samuel was taken by surprise by the techmarine suddenly abandoning his work to chase the orks, but his training kicked in swiftly and he followed Severus, plasma pistols ready.

Railgun Convention

Zoltan pulsed his psysense, trying to identify where exactly the Orks behind the starboard side were and what the fire had done...

[Vyper rolled me a 15]
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Wargamer

The tides of the Warp were strange here...

All ships have a soul; any Tech Adept of Mars can tell you that. The Hulk was not a true vessel, however; it was a place where vessels died and suffered the indignity of having their physical form consumed and merged into the detritus of the Empyrean. That suffering left an echo, and those susceptible to such things could feel it...

Visions of an Ork vessel - almost two kilometres of engine, gun and laughably ill-advised structural engineering - drifted into the Librarian's vision. He saw Orks by the thousand pouring from it; a tide of death and mayhem some thirty thousand strong. They had slaughtered their way through here before moving on to more lucrative looting grounds.

He refocused his mind, trying to drown out the psychic screams of dying Orks, and see the present. There were many Orks ahead - hundreds of them who had, either by choice or through fear of violence inflicted by a superior, remained with their derelict. The deaths here would alert those nearby, who would in turn call others... speed would be of the essence if the horde was to be kept ignorant of this new danger.

Severus - 1 flamer fuel shot expended.
Severus' weapon was devastating in close confines. Five Orks were ignited by the jet of liquid fuel and left to burn. One cannoned into the command chamber, burning head to foot, but was dead before he'd taken a single step into the chamber; his body forced him to keep going until a spasm of his ruined nervous system caused him to crumple up on the deck.

Bullets smacked the door frame as the survivors of the attack rushed forward, hungry to find the source of the flamer burst and slay them. Three Orks, armed with crude guns and cruder melee weapons, stormed the aft door of the command chamber.

Vyper

Isidur took aim at the lead ork and fired, snapping off a pair of shots at the first ork into the chamber (roll).
The ork was hit square on and a grapefruit size hole was blown through it's chest (roll).

(ooc: I presume we do our own rolls with regards to combat :P And did I do it right by rolling two separate to hits for the storm bolter when firing once?)

Wargamer

(Yes you did - the Stormbolter has to fire at least two shots per action. :P).