News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Ed Eldar wishlisting/suggestions?

Started by Arguleon-veq, January 19, 2013, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I got to chatting with a mate last week about how they can make Eldar competative in 6th without drastically changing the make up of the army. It was a struggle.

- Make Holo-Fields give shrouding. This makes their tanks survivable again without overpowering them.
- Make the Starcannon 3 shots again.
- Give Eldar Flyers a 3+ evade to show their agility.

Other than that we were struggling as you need tough scoring this edition and its hard to get that with eldar. Maybe make conceal give stealth. Give wraithguard combat options? Maybe introduce the warlock wraithlord to support wraithguard.

What do you think? Any ideas on how they can make eldar a viable force again?
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

I don't have my copy of Codex Eldar, so forgive me for going off memory andc the FAQs.

I'd personally like to see things like the Black Guardians of Ulthwe return, as possiply an option for Regular Guardians. Dedicating the unit to either Shooting or Combat would be an interesting option for list making. Failing that, the removal of the manditory heavy weapon in Guardians would be great.

I'd reckon Eldar should be Psyker lvl 2 minimum, with Eldrad (that is the Psyker character right?) being either Lvl 3 or 4.

I can't shake the want to have other Aspect Warrior units become Troop choices, but that could just be 5th edition syndrome creeping on me :P

Unfortunatle,y I can't offer much more, with the exception of being another voice in discussion.

The Man They Call Jayne

I would be ok with Holofields giving Stealth, but Shrouded is a bit much. I know the Tau D-Pods have it, but they also have a 2 foot wide area where is simply doesnt work. If it had no deadzone, even I would call it broken.

Maybe just give them +1 to the Jink save to represent superior agility? So you will always get a 4+ for moving and a 3+ if you trade shooting for speed.

Eldar used to have a thing which I loved the sound of, I think it was called the Crystalline Targetting Matrix? It let you move into the open, then fire, then move back into cover? I would like to see that. Not as standard, but definatly an upgrade.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

1. One HQ slot max is 5 farseers and 5 warlocks per farseer.
2. Black guardians with +1 bs or ws. Miss my enhance black storm guardians with ws 5 int 5.
3. Black vypers and warwarlkers via eye of terror.
4. Augment via eye of terror
5. Wraithguard as a troop can be taken as a squad of 5 so they can fit in transport, old iladyen armeis was build this way.
6. Un nerf plasma cannon. Either make it cheaper with two shots, or keep it at old cost with 3shots.
7. Harliquin wraithlord would be nice.
8. Bring back the good ole shooting during the movement phase. It allowed vypers to move shoot and hide dehind cover. It worked really well with a bike army.
9. Warlock body guard for the Avatar used to be nice.
10. Gateways was nice too via eye of terror.

To be honest I would say I would be happy having Eye of Terror, the 3rd edition eldar codex, the aspect codex again. Yeah.

The Man They Call Jayne

Can you explain Item 1 there?

1 HQ slot is up to 5 Farseers and 25 Warlocks? Even one Farseer is a capable unit and when backed up with some Warlocks becomes more than capable of dishing out some serious hurt. Why would you need 30 Psykers in a single HQ slot?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 20, 2013, 04:55:08 AM

1 HQ slot is up to 5 Farseers and 25 Warlocks? Even one Farseer is a capable unit and when backed up with some Warlocks becomes more than capable of dishing out some serious hurt. Why would you need 30 Psykers in a single HQ slot?

He's being sarcastic. :facepalm001:

For the eldar, I actually hope that their psychic defense and psychic offense being the most powerful in the game. Other than that I want to see loads of points reduction on every choice in the book or at least a significant boost in stats to justify the point cost. The Dark Angels and the Chaos Space Marine books have showed us that they are capable of doing just that.

Chicop76

Quote from: crisis_vyper on January 20, 2013, 09:17:23 AM
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 20, 2013, 04:55:08 AM

He's being sarcastic. :facepalm001:

For the eldar, I actually hope that their psychic defense and psychic offense being the most powerful in the game. Other than that I want to see loads of points reduction on every choice in the book or at least a significant boost in stats to justify the point cost. The Dark Angels and the Chaos Space Marine books have showed us that they are capable of doing just that.

I was serious man. That was the seer council of old. It may have been super douper destroying everything in it's path, but it was awesome. Just avoid Grey Knights and you was fine. When I say Grey Knights I ment to say Daemon Hunters which psycannons and incinerators ignored your invulnerable saves. To counter the Daemon Hunter madness you than upgrade to a seer bike squad.

My seer council had 3 Farseers and 10 warlocks. 3 farseers can cast 6 powers mostly fortune and mindwar at the time. My Warlocks had 2 augment, 3 destructors, 1 enhance, and I re roll on leadership while the rest was just expendable. Also I had 4 singing spears. That unit was simply incredible. Only thing that could even stop the bikes was Nightbringer. Other than that they just owned.

I just gave myself an ideal. Psyker Battle Squad and Mind War Farseer. Wish I thought about that before. With a 10 man squad that can lower leader ship to 2 your Farseer can put max 13 wounds on any one model. That's awesome.