News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mad Robot Miniatures Roll Call - DaNamian Jungle Fighters

Started by Narric, March 01, 2014, 03:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Mad Robot is doing their next Roll Call, for the DaNamian Jungle Fighters

Here are some of the 3D models that are in this set:

Their previous Roll Call unit was the Kurgan Winter Guard (annoyingly the WIP 3D model images don't seem to work anymore :():

Thantos

Quoteannoyingly the WIP 3D model images don't seem to work anymore :(

I think its always better to post pictures of the actual miniature when promoting or advertising kits, rather than what the model was like on the computer screen. That way its a true representation of what the customer is actually buying, rather than them being disappointed that half the details didnt reproduce.

Look quite nice though. Although i dont collect any guard :P

Narric

To use one of their side by sides, the quality is mostly down to the details that can't be printed

I do understand what you mean though about only showing 3D models. Most of what I've seen however from MRM (and in truth Anvil Industry also) is that their 3D models are often near exact what the final piece/model will look like. I would of course prefer to showcase final pieces,  and that was why I was looking for working images of the 3D sculpts of the Kurgan to compare against the final pieces. I could link off site, but that would defeat the point of this thread :P

Thantos

Yea, thats why its good to use the products in the store.

There are a few Kickstarters ive seen where only digitals were shown, and people expected that detail on their minis (stubble, facial wrinkles...) and it just doesnt happen :P
best xy resolution you can get on a SLA machine is still hitting around the 25um range, its good but not magic