News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (RP Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, May 08, 2015, 02:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

As the swordsman behind the lead man watched, cautiously, the group all exchanged looks and seemed to agree on what they were going to do. Franklin was the clear focus of everyone's attention, everyone at least who wasn't looking at David.

David, for his part, raised his left hand and calmly channeled energy into his shield bracelet, raising an invisible wall of force around him. "Good luck," he commented, though it was unclear to whom.

"David Undertow, put down your hand and come with us!" The lead swordsman shouted, unimpressed. "Everyone else, stand down! You have no part in this!" Specifically to Franklin, he added, "Sir, sit down. This isn't about you."

Jane quietly slipped out of her chair and backed away, wanting to be free of the line of fire in case shooting did start. As she did so, Franklin shook his head, hand working behind his back in a poor attempt to conceal the wand he was channeling energy into. "Oh, but it is. This man is my employer. If you threaten him, I'm involved."

"Drop the weapon!" The swordsman shouted, as the rifleman to his left raised his weapon and aimed at Franklin, waiting for the sign to attack. Korus took this moment to follow Jane's example and slipped off to the other side of the room, quietly ducking behind a table. Simo, meanwhile, just knelt behind the table he was at and drew his own weapon, just before the rifleman on the right raised his own rifle and steadied it at David.

All hell broke loose.

Nervous at the prepared wand, the swordsman who had been staying back leapt forward, swinging down at Franklin and missing wide on the right. The lead swordsman then tried to sidestep and move towards David, who had drawn out a wooden staff the length of his arm and planted it against the back of his chair, though no spells were forthcoming.

From her cover, Jane was too far away to hit anyone with her Shock wand, but she drew it out anyways and prepared to use it as soon as the moment arose. As she did, she had an excellent vantage point to watch Franklin spin with his wand, whipping it out at the swordsman who was moving in towards David, sword raised to attack. With a word, the spell flew out, slamming into the swordsman and sending him careening towards Jane. He crashed to the ground, stunned, groaning, and unable to get up. Before he would have a chance to, Jane raised her shock wand and sent a jolt of Spirit coursing through him. Steel armor didn't do a thing to resist the jolt as it hit just right, power coursing through his body and frying his brain like a hardboiled egg.

With his back to the rifleman, though, Franklin never even saw the shot coming. The rifle boomed loud in the confined quarters of the basement, hitting him square in the back and sending him stumbling a step forward, grunting in pain as the bullet tore a chunk of flesh from his body. He stayed on his feet and overcame the pain, but it was a nasty injury.

Korus slipped the power cable into his hammer, getting ready to attack the moment he saw his chance. Simo, similarly, raised his rifle and got ready to fire, taking careful aim to avoid wasting ammo in such confined quarters.

The rifleman aimed at David tried to shoot, and his aim was dead on, but the bullet bounced harmlessly off of the magic shield David had raised.

The swordman still standing lifted his sword in a heavy swing at Franklin, the kind of swing that would have put him in the dirt had it connected. It was aimed true, an attack straight at his neck, one an executioner could have been proud of... Until Franklin ducked, spinning to face his attacker. His hands raised in a defensive move, he chanted something vicious sounding and started to bring forth a shield of gravitational energy that would keep the three remaining guards at bay. He miscalculated, though, his injury and his attacker both throwing his focus, and as he dodged back from the attack he unleashed the spell in a cockeyed and poorly done manner. Instead of raising an invisible shield of gravitational energy, he instead multiplied the gravity where he stood. Before he could catch his balance, the sudden downward pull swept him off his feet and he went crashing into the ground with the same force as if he had fallen off a high building.

Still, as the rifleman who had fired at Franklin started to reload, hoping to take advantage of the Sorcerer's weakened and disabled state, Korus struck. Leaping out from his cover, hammer raised in both hands, he brought it crashing down with all his strength. The rifleman looked up and tried to dodge, but it was far too late and the hammer came in like a wrecking ball, breaking all of his ribs and turning his internal organs to soup beneath the steel armor.

Simultaneously, Simo fired his rifle at the swordsman who had tried and failed twice to attack Franklin. The shot was almost impossible to miss... Which was why Simo was left flabbergasted as the Swordsman, moving a little erratically due to the shift in gravity, managed to stumble away from the bullet just in time and save his skin through pure luck. The bullet struck the door, embedding itself in the wood harmlessly.

The other rifleman, the standing one, reloaded his weapon and surveyed the carnage.

FINAL RESULT:
David has burned 12 Energy.
Franklin has taken 16 Wounds, he has 9 left.
Franklin has burned 23 Energy as well.
One Rifleman is dead.
The Lead Swordsman is dead.
Simo needs to reload.
Jane's Shock wand burned four energy.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Korus turned so his left side was facing towards the rifleman and raised his buckler level with his neck. He held the Thunderhammer one-hand, ad made it ready for a wide swing.

Waaaghpower

With the speed and grace of a trained expert, Simo dropped his rifle to the table and drew his pistol, leveling it at the nearest swordsman and preparing to fire.

Before he could pull the trigger, though, David threw himself to his feet, ramming his staff forward and unleashing the spell he had been preparing since the fight started. Two quiet 'Pops' could be heard as a few important blood vessels imploded, and both men went still. Blood started trickling out of their eyes, and both fell to the floor in a crumpled heap.

Jane, readying herself to leap from cover to attack the swordsman, faltered. Korus lowered his shield, a bit surprised at the sudden disappearance of the threat. He shifted the hammer to both hands once again, just in case, but the two men didn't move.

Franklin had his wand raised and a spell on the tip of his tongue, but with no targets to hit, he let the thoughts of gravitational force fade and pushed himself to his feet.

Final results:
Swordsman 2 and Rifleman 2 are both dead.

Mabbz

"Well, that's that dealt with," said Jane, averting her eyes from the sight. She wasn't unused to seeing death and violence, of course, but she didn't have to like it. "Perhaps it would be wise to move on from here?"

Narric

"Depending on David's reputation, they may expect the apprehension to take time." Korus thought aloud, his left hand rubbing his chin. "But theymay also have eyes watching the Inn for any people coming and going, and to see when he arrived."

Waaaghpower

David pushed up from his chair and walked quickly to Franklin's side, checking his injury and helping the sorcerer to his feet. "Flesh wound," he said, "You'll be fine. A bandage to stop any blood loss, keep it clean."

Turning to Korus, he gave a slight cocky grin. "Depending on my reputation?" He asked, almost smiling, before changing the subject. "An illusion will be difficult with the rain, my magic will get soaked up too quickly. It's probably best to move out as quickly as we can. Simo, you go out first to check for any men watching the door. If it's clear, signal us and we'll follow quickly."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Tis but a scratch. I will be fine."

Truth be told it wasn't fine. But Franklin would be damned if he was going to let on to it.

"The sooner we can move on from this place the better, now that we are compromised. Do we know where we are going from here?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I think you missed his full name Korus" Simo pointed out with a smile. He checked his rifle and pistol were loaded again and then started surreptitiously looking out of the windows for anyone who may be watching before heading out of the door.

Spot check
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Narric

Korus readied his hammer in a two-handed grip, and stood next to the door.
"What do your eyes see?" He asked, though felt the question was missing something.

Waaaghpower

"The streets are clear," Simo said, glancing out before scouting out the door.

Wind whipped up and a little rain got in, but after a moment he returned. "We're good, for now."

"I have horses just outside the city limits," David said, tossing a gold sword on the barcounter to pay for damages. "We ride to Ironbore."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Alright, gonna have to go in 2 groups to avoid detection more easily." Simo pointed out. "I suggest going in the pairs we agreed upon with David joining one of the groups."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Mabbz

"Sounds sensible to me," said Jane, donning her armour that she'd removed when she arrived. "Let's get moving."

Waaaghpower

"The horses are by the north gate," David said. "I'm sure no guards will be looking for you until someone pieces together what happens here, but Simo's right. We'll move more quickly in pairs, and if the three of us were to get captured, having the other two free to perform a jailbreak will be helpful. Who wants me?" He glanced from Simo and Jane to the Korus and the oddly silent Franklin.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Travel with whom you wish, but let us move now. I have no desire to be shot at again in the near future."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"David, you're with Jane and I" stated Simo. They could ill afford to wait to resolve indecisiveness, and Simo knew his stealth and survival training was the best bet for getting out undetected, though still not a guarantee.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http