News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Imperial Knight Rumors

Started by Unusual Suspect, February 15, 2014, 05:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

Whatever you call it, the result is the same. They'll probably de-Squadron it and bump the points cost up, maybe take away the Transport ability and save that for the Vanilla Valkyrie.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

If it was a dedicated gunship I wouldnt mind so much. 
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

I personally prefer the Valkyrie over the Vendetta anyway. For the same price, I get two Large Blasts i can use every turn, and only need to pay 15pts for a Lascannon for tougher targets.

I always thought they were just filling space by seperating the two fliers. They're basically a Land Speeders on Roids in my eyes, and so could easily have been written similarly.

Thantos

Narric

First thing that I notice is the Heavy Stubber stats are different to the rulebook.... Its only some AP, but that still sorta bugs me...

More costly than a Land Raider. That IOnvul Save makes it slightly on par off the top  of my head for survivability. Anyone good at Math-hammer to figure out if they're comparable?

Where is the rule for Invincible Behemoth? Is that an Apocalypse rule?

One thing that seems increadibly off is the fact that thePaladin has far more than 5pts of extra stuff when compared to the Errant. Raises the question of whats the point of the Errant.

Arguleon-veq

Awesome model, so tempted to get a few even though I don't think they seem that competitive!
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chris

Quote from: Narric on February 19, 2014, 10:05:56 PM
Where is the rule for Invincible Behemoth? Is that an Apocalypse rule?

You can just make out in the blurred text besides, it says they can be found in apoc and escalation.

Ohh... Not sure whether I'd prefer the Rapid fire battle cannon on the paladin or the Themal cannon on the knight... Both could be very fun to play with!

CoffeeGrunt

I have decided that I'm going to save up for one, and paint it in House Baratheon colours, because Ours' Is The Fury!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/House-Baratheon-game-of-thrones-20596029-1600-1200.jpg
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Unusual Suspect

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on February 19, 2014, 10:36:43 PM
I have decided that I'm going to save up for one, and paint it in House Baratheon colours, because Ours' Is The Fury!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20500000/House-Baratheon-game-of-thrones-20596029-1600-1200.jpg

Throw in a red highlight or two, and it can double as an Angry Knight.  have a magnetized "Ass-Stompin' Power Boot" for flair.  :P
I you private dancer.

Thantos

Usually im not so keen on the large mega minis GW is coming out with lately, but they have just got this one looking so right! Whats not to love.
Its a fluffy unit which has been around for decades, desperately required a mini, harkens back to the old Epic Knights style, but has been updated it to bring it into the recent more modern detailed style ;D

I really want to play a game of Adeptus Titanicus in 40k scale now xD

The Man They Call Jayne

It looks great. I just still don't agree with SD in 40k games. This thing gets anywhere near a Land Raider, Monoltih, anything that is supposed to be hard to kill, that you are paying good points to be hard to kill, and this thing just eats it.

Although I am unsure why it needs Smash. As a superheavy it's attacks ignore armour anyway, and it is already S10. And thats only is that Reapersword gets blown off.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Unusual Suspect

Weapons can no longer be destroyed on Super Heavy Vehicles, actually.

Smash is there because all Super-Heavy Walkers get the rule, not because this model happens to benefit from it.  A monstrous creature with wargear that grants all the benefits of Smash will still be granted the rule from its monstrous creature type.

The thing that is really going to disrupt play is this thing's Death throes.  It uses a 15" template, and it scatters.  Oh, that template has a Str D AP 2 Large Blast in it, by the way.  Also, 5/6 of the time, the next 5" of diameter is at least Str 8 (sometimes 10) and AP 3.  If that thing gets into your lines, you can end up hitting yourself with a 5" D blast when you kill it.
I you private dancer.

The Allfather

That model makes me wish I had enough money to get one...

salamut2202

No Tim, NO! The money you made selling your Eldar is going into Emperor's Chilren remember? ..... well, I could have a traitor knight

Irisado

Like a number of these large models and flyers, these don't belong in 40K in my opinion.  They're too large for the game.  They're a unit for Epic, where they fit the scale.  While the models are okay, they're not overly impressive either.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente