News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I take it this is our first fight, against a horde of lupine daemons and some kind of swarm flying around above us. Should be fun. Do you want the PM now?

Narric

I'm waiting for someone else to post so I can "charge in head first" at the Daemons :P

Mabbz

A couple of questions just occurred to me:

1. Can necromancy be used offensively or is it purely raising the dead? I imagine its both but I thought I'd better check.

2. how tiring is magick to use?

3. is their any chance of a miscast? I don't want to have a spell backfire...

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 05:51:46 PM
A couple of questions just occurred to me:

1. Can necromancy be used offensively or is it purely raising the dead? I imagine its both but I thought I'd better check.

2. how tiring is magick to use?

3. is their any chance of a miscast? I don't want to have a spell backfire...
1. Yes, there are certain bone and blood based spells that can be quite damaging. (think the necromancer from diablo II).

2. Depending on how quickly the ambient Essence is depleted, it can become quite tiring as you draw from your own spirit.

3. Yes, there is. The severity depends upon the complexity of the spell you try to cast.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Never played Diablo 2. I just googled it though...

So most of my destructive spells will involve conjuring bones and magically propelling them at the enemy? Cool, but now I may have to alter my actions that I PM'd to you

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 10:33:24 PM
So most of my destructive spells will involve conjuring bones and magically propelling them at the enemy? Cool, but now I may have to alter my actions that I PM'd to you
At a guess you may be able to break bones too, though that may technically fall under the healing domain, I'm not sure.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on October 18, 2011, 10:33:24 PM
Never played Diablo 2. I just googled it though...

Bones, shadows, blood.
Close range too, causing damage/pain with a touch. Necromancy is viewed as one of the dark arts for a reason. ;)

Combat post is up.
Hope it's up to scratch for you guys. ;)

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Narric

Well that's just great, first taste of combat, and I get the full attention of whomever is in charge :P

Can I say as my next action "Fights to regain consiounes and rejoin party" ??

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on October 18, 2011, 11:38:37 PM
Well that's just great, first taste of combat, and I get the full attention of whomever is in charge :P

Can I say as my next action "Fights to regain consiounes and rejoin party" ??
You can most certainly say it.
Unfortunately, from the set of rolls you gave me, it will not be the most successful of actions, at least, not for a little while.

And as to getting the attention of the shadowmage, I randomly determined who was hit by each spell

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, guys. Plan.

We need to take out that Shadow Mage, or at least send him running.

I'll try and clear out the area around us again and Mkoll can try and take a few shots at him, Mabbz can hopefully do something about his defences or at least hide Mkolls arrows from the mages sight.

If that doest do it then I shall Enchant Mkolls arrows with Magical Fire, and do some more damage that way.

Any other plans? You up close guys who arent dying still able to defend us?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

I'm not dying, I'm just bored of this fight already [/extreme sarcasm] XD

@Rav
You're going to use all the results I gave you in that order? I'm going to have to waste two perfectly good actions? Well, at least one, but the econd I'd have to think of something that I can pass easily, but would still be helpful regardless of second score.

Maybe you should mix the order up, so I can't do what I just said ;) Or I can roll again?

InsaneTD

I've got something that might help. I can try it but I'm gonna need to be defended. Should deal with the Wolf things and maybe the Dark Swarm.

The Man They Call Jayne

If you thing and my firewall work at the same time. we just might garentee  that we clear them out, then we can take the Mage down.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on October 19, 2011, 12:01:18 AM
I'm not dying, I'm just bored of this fight already [/extreme sarcasm] XD

@Rav
You're going to use all the results I gave you in that order? I'm going to have to waste two perfectly good actions? Well, at least one, but the econd I'd have to think of something that I can pass easily, but would still be helpful regardless of second score.

Maybe you should mix the order up, so I can't do what I just said ;) Or I can roll again?
You already used the first three actions/rolls.
The fourth one is the one being used, and I believe even you can admit that it's less than stellar. ;)
The next one will probably work, just barely.

InsaneTD

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 19, 2011, 12:25:10 AM
If you thing and my firewall work at the same time. we just might garentee  that we clear them out, then we can take the Mage down.
Well I better PM Rav my change in actions.