News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Unusual Chaos Psyker

Started by Narric, October 20, 2013, 09:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

In my last game I fielded a potentially unusaul Psyker. Pretty much no upgrades, save a Spell Familiar, and replaced his Pistol with a Chainaxe.

Truth be told, I've never been one for using psykers to begin with, so it was nice to see my first ever use was a success (succesful Psychic test, followed by 3 out of 4 Smite hits wounded).

The main focus is the use of the Chainaxe, as it is technically effective against most races, due to being AP 4. This puts a lot less pressure on the use of the Force Weapon, meaning a Lvl 1 Psyker can easily be a threat at range (see previous Smite).

A thought occured to me also, that the Chaos Sorcerers' Force Weapon can technically be swapped out, for a Combi-weapon or Plasma Pistol. In my mind this allows the Player to utilise pretty much any power the psyker rolls, as projectile powers wouldn't be as high priority.

Do many others experiment with their psykers, or do most just use the base psyker with Mastery upgrades?

Arguleon-veq

I cant really work out why you would give him the axe to be honest?

Any of his force weapon options have at least AP4 anyway, plus other bonuses and its a force weapon to boot.

There are a lot of nice equipment options for a Chaos Sorc though, he can have a good Invun save, he can have the Burning Brand. He is one of the most versatile psykers out there and hes a steal even with Lvl3.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

Oops, I seem to have forgotten how Force Weapons atualy work :P

Thanks for responding, even if my idea was daft to begin with :P