News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

"For a Crate of Tea" - Kill team Bat-Rep [Narrative]

Started by Narric, November 20, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Finally got round to writing this :P

For this game Mabbz was Defender with Tau, and I was the Kill Team with Imperial Guard.

Army Lists

Fire Storm Kill Team (IG Storm Troopers) = 158pts
Sergeant Grizz      - Bolt Pistol, Power Sword
Trooper Maxis      - Standard Gear
Trooper Alren      - Meltagun
Trooper Mora (f)   - Standard Gear
Trooper Velca (f)   - Plasma Gun
Trooper Horras      - Standard Gear
Trooper Marty      - Standard Gear
Trooper Romega (f)   - Standard Gear

Tau Defence (4th ed codex list) = 246pts
piranha..... 60
4 gun drones..... 48
4 gun drones..... 48
1 fire warriors, 1 shas'ui.... 30
3 fire warriors.... 30
3 fire warriors.... 30

The Mission was "Hit & Run" and we had decided the target was an crate of Darjeeling Tea that had been in transit. The carrier craft had been shot down, and is the Tau wreckage on the board.

Board and Defender Deployment:
Spoiler

Grizz felt something was wrong in the air. Today would not be a good day. He divided his team into four two-man cells. Marty and Romega were to come in from the west, Velca and Horras from the north, Mora and Alren the East, and Maxis and grizz entering from the south. With everybody in position, the mission started. Marty and Romega found Tau sentries within range fairly quickly. Taking the shot, it looked like a kill, but the shot fel short, and struck a fallen tree. Thankfully, neither of the sentries noticed anything, as lasguns are fairly silent. Grizz and Maxis nearly walked straight into a unit of drones. Trying to disuade the automatons from the area, they opened fire. One drone was easily destroyed by Grizz's Bolt Pistol. Mora and Alren also found Drone sentries and also opened fire. a HS Laspistol shot hit home, downing a Drone. Velca and Horras found the same Sentry team as Marty and Romega, taking a couple shots themselves. These shots also just hit trees.
Kill Team Movement
Kill Team Shooting

Tash'var'El was meditating on some reading, a small exert of Puretides teachings. the wind was not to his liking, as he decided to hop over the wall he was resting on to sit amongst the ruins of the area. The drones to the south did not fallback as Grizz had planned, and instead pivoted rapidly and opened fire on the two Storm Troopers. The pulse weapon fire ripped through their carapace armour with ease. the Second drone team did much the same, firing upon Mora and Alren. For a moment, Alren thought Mora dead, but as the dust settled it was clear her armour was merely scorched, as she had narrowly ducked the energy pellet. The fire Warriors in the forest spotted Velca and Horras, and quickly opened fire. As their shots ripped through the forest foliage, Horras and Velca were gunned down.
Defence Shooting

Mora and alren split up, taking to different sides of the Tau carrier craft. Marty and Romega quickly entered the forest. Trying to run and Gun, Marty and Romega fired upon the fire warriors. Their shots went wide, barely coming close to target. Mora brought her gun up, and tried to take out a Gun Drone but they easily dodged the shot. Alren found his feet, and ran quickly around the wreckage.
Kill Team Movement
Kill team Shooting

Tash'var'El quickly borught his mind to the field, as the intruder alert sounded through the com net. A Shas'la Defence team ran past him, makiong a b-line for the cargo in order to better defend it. The eastern gun drones stopped retreating, and opened fire on Mora again. Kora was truck several times, but easily kept her footing, and pushed herself to not fall to these Xenos-scum. A Shas'la team took aim at Mora also, adding to the onslaught. An energy pellet struck Mora in her already weakened armour, punching straight into her torso. A second Shas'la team spotted Marty and Romega. As pulse fre ripped through the trees and shrubs, Marty pushed Romega to the ground. Marty was knocked off his feet, and hit the ground hard. The Southern Gun Drones had moved north, next to the wreckage, and easily spotted Alren as he turned the corner. The Drones opened fire, calculating to remove the threat. Many shots went wide, and the few that did hit Alren caused only damage to his armour. Not allowing Alren to catch his footing, the Drones thrusted forward. Alren barely had a chance to bring his Meltagun up before the Drones' thrusters faultered. Saved by a squad distance algorythm.
Defender Movement
Defender Shooting
Defender Assault

Alren ignored the Drones, turning his attention to the Piranha. Leveling his Meltagun, he took a shot. With a great deal of luck, the hull munted Burst Cannon exploded, and fell to the ground in a pile of metal. Romega got up and shook herself off, pulling out her pistol and firing at the nearest Fire Warrior. The shot hit true, but didn't cuase more than superficial damage to the Fire Warriors' suit. Ignoring the failed shot, Romega charged forward, unsheathing her combat knife and a howl of a challenge on her lips. The Fire Warriors were startled by the sudden change of tactics, and tried to open fire. Romega avoided every shot, barreling into the Fire Warriors. Slashing at the fire Warriors, Romega was lucky, catching one haplass Shas'la in the neck. the warrior gurgled and collapsed to the ground. The remaining Shas'la tried to retaliate, but were unprepared, and so failed to land a single blow on Romega. Realizing they couldn't win, they tried to run away. Seizing her chance Romega sliced them down with ease. Alren had also charged the damaged Piranha, lobbing a Krak grenade into the pilot seats. it bounced off the armour plates, and detonated next to the intake on the far side. In short time the piranha sputtered to the ground. taking the chance of an easy kill, Alren jumped into the cockpit, and killed the pilots.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

A Shas'la team opened fire on Romega as she broke cover of the forest. Shot hit, but didn't wound her. Tash'var'EL and his accompanying Shas'la targeted Alren. Despite the proximity, the shots missed him, but alren didn't care. the Drones to the north pivoted and fired also, glanciong Alrens' armour. The second Drone squad joined the barrage, managing to take out Alren by weight of fire.
Defence Movement
Defence Assault

Trying to maximis the number of Drones she could destroy, Romega threw a Frag Grenade at close range. It bounced further than she planned, but it still caught two drones in the blast. Unfortunately, the drones avoided severe damage, and continued to hover ominously towards her. Taking it as a Challenge, romega charged towards them. With their Overwatch protocols, the Drones opened fire, but couldn't pin-down romegas movement enough to hit her. swirling around the Storm Trooper, the drones threw themselves at Romega in order to stun her. As a skilled an intuitive fighter, Romega managed to avoid these attacks, whilst also inflicting damage herself. A drone spun away from the melee, crashing a few feet away, a knife lodged within its anti-grav circuits. The remaining Drones disengaged the target, fleeing to the east. Romega followed,  until she nearly tripped upon the crate they were sent to "Confiscate."
Kill Team Shooting
Kill Team Assault

The Shas'la Team had not fired until the Drones were clear, and then opened up. In a fury of pulse weapon fire, Romega was struck several times. For a moment she thought she would pull through the barrage, but was hit full force in a damaged portion of her torso armour. She collapsed to the ground. A look of surprise and pain across her face.

Vassal Log
Click here: http://sta.sh/03hizb5y7jt

As you can see, this game was heavily in Mabbz favour from the onset, partly due to my poor tactics, but also terrible rolling in game for me as well. Non-the-less, as usual, an increadibly fun game ^_^

Will be interesting to see what Mabbz Does for his next Kill Team :)

For those interested, Tash'var'EL means "Courageous Veteran" in Tau ;) Long before 6th Edition, I went through a phase of trying to create Tau names. Didn't make many, and this one stood out as a good Defence Leader name :P

Thanks for Reading

Narric

Mabbz

Always a pleasure, and I look forward to our next game. So far, the defender's have won in every game we've played. I have a few tricks planned for our next game though, and I intend to change that ;)

Narric

Its bad that I have a Defender list in mind that would probably ruin your plan :P

Best write it up before I forget it :shifty:

I have a few ideas that would make it a less uphill challenge for the Kill Team, but I'll wait until after our next game to put them to you ;)

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on November 21, 2013, 12:19:56 AM
Its bad that I have a Defender list in mind that would probably ruin your plan :P

Best write it up before I forget it :shifty:
Challenge accepted (damn, where's the devil horns smiley when you need it...)

Quote from: Narric on November 21, 2013, 12:19:56 AM
I have a few ideas that would make it a less uphill challenge for the Kill Team, but I'll wait until after our next game to put them to you ;)
Post them in the house rules thread. We won't use any of them until I next update the rulebook.

BigToof

Kudos to you two for keeping this going!

I really like these tweaks to the system, and it's nice that you've come up with some stellar fluff as well!

Waiting for more!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3