News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Deathwatch - The Dread Hulk [Sign Up / OOC]

Started by Wargamer, September 23, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Sotek

Hmm, how about another incentive to creativity...

If anyone fleshes out their Marine/chapter enough that I'm impressed or your character/fluff catches my interest, I'll do a sketch of them like I did for Brother Isaac. :P
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Railgun Convention

Codicer Zoltan
Chapter: Blue Vipers

WS
BS
S
T
W
I
A
Sa
Wi
D16D8D1266D123D8D16

Wargear:
Force-focusing Thunder Hammer, Psychic Hood.

Soft Points:
Bolt Pistol preloaded with Inferno rounds
1x Box of Inferno rounds
2x Box of Kraken rounds
2x Meltabombs
2 spare softpoints

Hard Point:
Combat shielding - wide adamantium arm guards with built in shield generators. Essentially an upsized combat shield attached to each arm.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

The Man They Call Jayne

Huh, I didnt consider preloading the weapons. In that case I would have a Drum on my Bolter And Krakens in the Pistol.

A question on the Plasma Cutter aswell, will it actually be able to serve in this function? Or will it only be useable as a TL Plasma Pistol?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Vyper

Quote from: Lord Sotek on September 24, 2012, 05:06:46 PM
Hmm, how about another incentive to creativity...

If anyone fleshes out their Marine/chapter enough that I'm impressed or your character/fluff catches my interest, I'll do a sketch of them like I did for Brother Isaac. :P

I may well take you up on that offer.  :P

Wargamer

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on September 24, 2012, 07:28:23 PM
Huh, I didnt consider preloading the weapons. In that case I would have a Drum on my Bolter And Krakens in the Pistol.
Your weapons do indeed come pre-loaded with a mag of ammo. ;)

A question on the Plasma Cutter aswell, will it actually be able to serve in this function? Or will it only be useable as a TL Plasma Pistol?
It is indeed a plasma cutter - its use as a plasma pistol is a secondary function.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, cool. I assume rules for its use will be forthcoming when it become relevant?

So I have:

Bolter
Master Crafter Bolt Pistol.
Plasma Cutter/Pistol
Flamer
Power Axe
Combat Knife
Powerfist
A Meltabomb

And yet I still feel undergunned. :P

El ShasOcho

Updated mine. Wargamer, can I have a jump pack? Might not be super useful, but I can't think of any other hardpoints I really want.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

A Jump Pack in cramped corridors of a derelict ship?

El ShasOcho

I would be lowering my shield, and zooming horizontally. So, I sort of become a human-rocket-battering ram.

Yeah that wouldn't work. I have no idea what else to use, since a belt feed wouldn't help much and I'm not planning on doing any healing. Thoughts?

The Man They Call Jayne

Maybe you could work out some rules for the Power Maul? The concussive rule it has could be very handy in a close combat situation.

El ShasOcho

True. Thats not really my style though, I am going for skilled swordsman not a skull basher. Thats why I have a storm shield instead of a boarding shield. A little easier to manage when fighting.

Lord Sotek

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on September 24, 2012, 08:13:04 PM
Ok, cool. I assume rules for its use will be forthcoming when it become relevant?

So I have:

Bolter
Plasma Cutter/Pistol
Flamer
Power Axe
Combat Knife
Powerfist
A Meltabomb

You're a walking swiss army knife who out-techs everyone and has a Guard platoon's worth of special weaponry. Don't feel too bad. :P
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Mabbz

Quote from: Lord Sotek on September 25, 2012, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on September 24, 2012, 08:13:04 PM

So I have:

Bolter
Plasma Cutter/Pistol
Flamer
Power Axe
Combat Knife
Powerfist
A Meltabomb

You're a walking swiss army knife who out-techs everyone and has a Guard platoon's worth of special weaponry. Don't feel too bad. :P
In an attempt to one-up Jayne, I'm swapping my Plasma gun for a Melta gun. Also I think it'll be more useful.

Wargamer

On the Hard Point front, leaving them empty will not hinder you unduly; you'll be compensated in other ways. ;)

I shall work out rules for any missing wargear. Some things, like the Plasma Cutter's "tool" function, will likely be just left as "you can use this to cut doors open" and such.

The Power Maul... hmm... how best to stat that bad boy...
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne