News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th Ed Starter Set Details

Started by BigToof, August 08, 2012, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Anyone want to go halves on a set? :P Im after the chaos side

Vyper

Quote from: Thantos on August 18, 2012, 08:58:08 PM
Anyone want to go halves on a set? :P Im after the chaos side

I'd most likely be up for that. :P

hockman87

DO WANT!  I don't play Chaos or Dark Angels, but I think I might pick it for at least the rule book and the beauty of the models in it!  Is there anyone who wants to take parts from it if I get it?

The Man They Call Jayne

Decided im going to use the Dark Angels as my Chosen. Gonna modify the armour and set them up as elite infiltrators.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

That's a pretty cool idea actually. You're not supposed to have good ideas. :P

Irisado

The Chaos figures are not bad.  They're rather reminiscent of the current Possessed sculpts.  I don't think that I'll be tempted to buy any, but you never know.

The Cultists, by contrast, are more like mutants than humans to my mind, and I preferred the more uniform look of the sculpts from years past.  They may yet grow on me, but I remain to be convinced at this stage.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Bacour

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Chaos Cultists.  It's been a dream of mine to do a cultists army and this will be the perfect start.  My other hope is to eventually get some kind of support for a Genestealer Cultist army as well.  This is definitely a step in the right direction for me.  AND THEN THEY GIVE ME MORE!!!  What's that?  You also wanna give me a beautiful set of Fallen Angels!?!?!  Who do I have to go down on for this..?

Chrono

Quote from: Bacour on August 20, 2012, 02:00:58 AM
Personally I'm really looking forward to the Chaos Cultists.  It's been a dream of mine to do a cultists army and this will be the perfect start.  My other hope is to eventually get some kind of support for a Genestealer Cultist army as well.  This is definitely a step in the right direction for me.  AND THEN THEY GIVE ME MORE!!!  What's that?  You also wanna give me a beautiful set of Fallen Angels!?!?!  Who do I have to go down on for this..?

Stealers yes...i tried to say that in a earlier post that it is in a rumoured release schedule list, but no one seem to read my post :P

Quotefor those who noticed in the other rumour thread of releases, one line said Cult Hybrid upgrade Pack. that to me sounds like only stealer and nothing else, for the sake of the word HYBRID involved. look at it this way, a chaos cultist multi part set comes out, we get a stealer sprue for upgrading them to cult hybrids. WD allies option for nids?

kingofmonkeys

I have such a thing  ;D one of the images is partly corrupt but there's still a decent gallery of stuff here

the rumor is that these are september's releases

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Bacour

So does anyone have any idea what the pricing on this juicy little package might be?  I ask because I was in a store yesterday and saw the battle for maccrage box set and between that and a battle box you could start up a tight little army for about 200$ US.

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Bacour on August 21, 2012, 03:17:15 PM
So does anyone have any idea what the pricing on this juicy little package might be?  I ask because I was in a store yesterday and saw the battle for maccrage box set and between that and a battle box you could start up a tight little army for about 200$ US.

My assumption is the box qill cost the same as the Island of Blood boxset. Therefore putting it at

Narric

One Independant Stockist has pre-orders avaiable.

http://store.miniwargaming.com/

By the looks of it, the US release is about $130 for the Limited, $120 to normal, which roughly translates to

InsaneTD

And Australia will probably be charged 150+ even with how competitive our dollar is. ::)

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on August 23, 2012, 06:48:24 AM
By the looks of it, the US release is about $130 for the Limited, $120 to normal, which roughly translates to

Narric