News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minrat

s'all good.

Probs just a typo-but eh-thought i'd point it out

Mabbz

So kingofmonkeys, Walrus Man and Waaaghpower have all said they are joining, but none of them have actually made a character yet. Have you forgotten, not had time or decided that you can't join after all?

Walrus Man

Quote from: Mabbz on February 15, 2013, 09:07:37 PM
So kingofmonkeys, Walrus Man and Waaaghpower have all said they are joining, but none of them have actually made a character yet. Have you forgotten, not had time or decided that you can't join after all?

Making a character as we speak. :)
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Waaaghpower

Name: Thunder Bolt
Type: Pegasus
Appearance: (I can't draw worth a damn, so no picture.) Dark Grey, almost black coat, pure white mane, red eyes.
Cutie Mark: Sound waves emanating from a dark thunder cloud.
Stats:
S 10
E 5
A 14
M 7
I 9
(The idea is that I am good in short bursts, but wear out quickly.)
As for magic, beyond standard pegasi I was thinking something similar to the sonic rainboom (which actually goes mach ten, fun trivia,) with less emphasis on the rainbow and a far more devastating boom when it goes off.
If I get a weapon, it'll definitely be the wing blades, but I don't think I would have any to start with.
Forgive me if my bio is too short:
Thunder has always had a tricky time in town. Even after finding a special talent, getting a good job was hard. After all, ome rarely needs to destroy all the glass in a large area. Not enough endurance to be a mail pony, not enough magic to be a weather pony, and as of yet has been denied with every attempt to join any kind of military or paramilitary group. Something about being to... what did they say... likely to cause accidental mayhem. Or take a nap on duty. Or cause mayhem while taking a nap. (THAT was a strange interview.) As it ended up, Thunder got a job as a farm hand's assustant. Thunder doesn't like having a job as a farm hand's assistant.

Mabbz

Almost exactly twenty minutes. Bravo ;).

Don't worry about the wing blades, you'll get them. Thunder Bolt is a good example of why I'm giving away some weapons (and some other equipment) at the start. Realistically there is very little he would own that would be useful on this quest, but I don't want him to be at a disadvantage for it. He's here because of his talents, not his possessions.

I've thrown together a picture of him on the character summary post. I wasn't sure what to do for his mane, so I just gave him one that seemed ok. He doesn't have a cutie mark in the pic because 1) I was feeling lazy and 2) a thunder cloud on a dark coat would be fairly invisible anyway. If anyone asks, his wings are covering it.

As for the sonic rainboom move thingy, how does Sonic Thunderclap sound for a name? It doesn't need a name really, but that's what popped into my head.

Waaaghpower

Sonic Thunderclap sounds great. (Also, where is this 'character summary post'?)
I also find something about your post interesting, but I won't say what.

Mabbz

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 17, 2013, 12:25:39 AM
Sonic Thunderclap sounds great. (Also, where is this 'character summary post'?)
Quote from: Mabbz on February 12, 2013, 12:10:57 PM
Character sheet! I'll alter your profiles whenever new characters or item come into play.

[snip]

Thunder Bolt (Waaaghpower)
Pony Type: Pegasus
S : 12
E : 5
A : 11
M: 8
I : 9
Cutie mark: Sound waves emanating from a dark thunder cloud
Equipment: None (yet).

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 17, 2013, 12:25:39 AM
I also find something about your post interesting, but I won't say what.
Hmm... either "and some other equipment" or "He's here because of his talents, not his possessions". If the former, I'll point out that that basically just means food and other travelling essentials. If the latter... meh. I'm sending you all off on a quest for a reason. You're not all just going to meet in a bar and decide to do something. You have been specially chosen for something. Your talents will be needed at some point, I'll make sure of it.

That's not a challenge to future characters. Don't make a really useless character to make life difficult for me, you'll wind up like Fluttershy in Dragonshy; a burden to everypony else until the very end.

Walrus Man

Name: Pale Ale

Race: Unicorn

Strength (S): 7
Endurance (E): 12
Agility (A): 7
Magic Power (M): 8
Intelligence (I): 11

Cutie mark: An overflowing ale mug

Description: Bulky (for a unicorn), short dark brown mane and tail, mid brown fur, light blue eyes.*

The Manticore's Head Inn has been in the Ale family for generations. Pale Ale is the current owner and proprietor, and lives above the inn with his wife Amber Ale and daughter Ginger Ale. Quick witted and jovial, He is a natural barkeeper who's special talent lies in getting along with the ponies he serves as much as it lies in brewing excellent beer. He instinctively knows when to share a laugh, when to reign in an overzealous customer and when to simply lend a sympathetic ear; he especially enjoys hearing the tales of any traveller ponies pass through. Pale Ale is content with his lot in life, running his business and doting on his beloved wife and daughter. He would rather leave travelling up to other, less tied down ponies.

Equipment: Truncheon, canteen of triple strength home-brew.

*I will draw a proper picture when I have a spare moment - feel free to throw something together in the mean time if you wish.

[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Waaaghpower

^I like Alky's character.
Also, wrong on all accounts for what I thought was interesting... as a hint, I walked you into it.

Mabbz

Huh. A bartender. I wasn't expecting that. Looks like an interesting group so far. As for the pic, I'll edit it into the summary post when you've done it.

kingofmonkeys

I've had a really busy time recently I've got a character's background all worked out i'll roll up stats asap

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on February 19, 2013, 02:11:38 AM
I've had a really busy time recently I've got a character's background all worked out i'll roll up stats asap
Awesome, but rolling? No rolling is required ???

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 17, 2013, 01:58:40 PM
^I like Alky's character.
Also, wrong on all accounts for what I thought was interesting... as a hint, I walked you into it.
It's the fact I made you a picture, isn't it.

Quote from: Walrus Man on February 17, 2013, 11:54:04 AM
Oh, in case you were wondering, since you magic is related so alcohol you can probably cast spell to make ponies drunk, sober or hungover. Enjoy ;)

Waaaghpower

Not a picture either, guess again! You probably didn't even think about doing this...

Walrus Man

Quote from: Mabbz on February 19, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

Quote from: Walrus Man on February 17, 2013, 11:54:04 AM
Oh, in case you were wondering, since you magic is related so alcohol you can probably cast spell to make ponies drunk, sober or hungover. Enjoy ;)

Ooh, I like the sound of that. ;D How many more players do we need before we start?

[