News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Will's Motivation/Painting Plog

Started by Will's on Fire, June 26, 2011, 03:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osiris

wanna paint my minis too Will? :D

looks great, as always.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Osiris on March 27, 2013, 06:29:34 AM
wanna paint my minis too Will? :D

looks great, as always.

Thanks Osiris, your paintings pretty good, th emore you paint the better it'll be! :D

Now for the Sanguinary Guard that has been in the works for a while:

I'm quite happy with it, on the tabletop it looks quite cool, but I have a new mix for gold effect, so I think the next one will be trying that. I quite like the sword, but I'm not completely convinced by it.

Cheers for looking. :)

- Will

SILK

These are looking amazing mate. I dare say that your highlights could use an extra stage overall though, one final colour several shades brighter than those that came before it, but only with very thin brush strokes. Just to make the model pop that little bit more.

Will's on Fire

Cheers SILK. I agree entirely, thats something I'll be doing with a new method, which I think suits that final brightest highlight.

Just a quick update this time, starting painting the hellbrute from dark vengeance. Going for my take on the box colour so:

I'll get some better pictures soon when I've done some more of the painting.

- Will

SILK

Loving the blending. Have you got a list poking about somewhere?

Will's on Fire

Well, it's been a while, but I finally feel like I have some stuff worth posting up in here:

A Blood Angel librarian converted from the Dark Vengeance box set.

And the progress on the hellbrute: Still need to finish the skin on the back. Also, there are a few gaps as it is not glued together.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to, tried some new stuff on the librarian and I'm pretty happy with the result. The are a couple of bits I'd change, but I'll let you guys form your own opinions without me telling you what I don't like.

I'll be getting round to the hellbrute soon I hope, I enjoyed painting him but I made the skin a bit complicated and the back is such a big part I don't want to screw it up.

As always comments and critique very welcome.

- Will

Thantos

Lovely! The half NMM effect on the libs armor is especially nice. Only thing that needs more work is the bases ;)
Your style reminds me of TimJim's painting who used to post here ^_^ High contrast

Tempest Six Two

These are looking sweet mate, lovely work on the Librarian. High contrast always looks wonderful on the table. Im working on the same Librarian model for my DA at current, and you've given me a few ideas about colours for all the detail stuff at his waist :) 
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Will's on Fire

Well I'm back... For a bit at least.

Haven't one any painting in a long time, and really want to finish that hellbrute, the skin is taking forever.

But today is for a different idea I've had. I realise that my bases aren't that great, so I've set myself a chellenge. To create 2-4 unit fillers for my dwarfs. Whether I'll use them is a different matter, but I want to work on creating a cool little base. They'll be made to cover 4 20mm bases in a 2x2 formation. I'm considering upping it to 3x2 if there is a lack of space.

Going to be using these along with some other stuff:

Secondly, as the new dwarf army book has been released and I got back for Easter, I've wanted to do something with my Dwarf army. A Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearers is incredible in game, but I'm not a huge fan of the journey into battle balanced on top of a shield when the two guys underneath have to fight as well...

So, my counts as Dwarf Lord with Shieldbearer:

So yeah, this stuff also just gave me a good reason to finally put in an order with Zealot Mini's and I have to say, they're some really nice models.

- Will

Narric

I'm liking the Dwarf Lord model. What do you have planned for it?

Will's on Fire

I'm back. Awesome mini from Zealot and I've finally got around to painting it.

Got some more pictures to come, I've painted Bugman and the Dwarf Lord I've already shown. Will also need to retake these pictures with some better backgrounds.

EDIT:

Bugman:

Dwarf Lord with counts as Shieldbearers:

Replacement Necro:

- Will

Narric

Thantos

Thats great :D thanks for posting, good to see painted up stuff! Dwarf trio look great especially.

Add a note into the order comments next time and youll get free stuff! :P I dont know it you otherwise lol

Will's on Fire

Thanks Thantos, and Narric. :) Thantos, you did, thats there necromancer thank you very much. :D

Right, now time for something a bit different. I decided with a bunch of mates to get into Malifaux. wyrd's new plastics have got me interested in their art style and the game seemed like a lot of fun so I purchased the Viktorias crew. I still have Viktoria of Ashes, and Viktoria of Blood and Taelor from the box set to paint, so this is a WIP for the army. I decided to go for a fairly different scheme to the ones I'm used to, and put more effort into the bases. An army is less than 10 guys so it should look good, right? So hopefully the basing for these isn't too over the top but suits. I'm using it as a way of tying the crew together.

So far however I have:

Vanessa my spellslinger, handy in a fight, but more of a support character, although once she gets on the centre line she gets pretty scary. I'm not entirely happy with how she is on her base as you'll see form the side on images.

Spoiler

The Student of Conflict is my crews totem, a little one who helps buff and sometimes hits stuff with her sword. This one I like the front face of the sword, but her skin tone looks like a fake tan incident...

Spoiler

And then finally I have three Ronin. Hard to kill ninja's dressed like, well, just about dressed.

So the first one, I like the areas of red, but there's something about the skin tone and the entire model that to me anyway, makes it look like one of those old plastic action figures... Also, it was a nightmare to glue together. A lot of fiddly pieces!

Spoiler

The second I'm pretty happy with.

Spoiler

And the third, I'm happy with.

Spoiler

And I still need to get a picture of the three of them together...

Next things on my list are to finish this crew, and then finish off the chaos lord from dark vengeance which I've started, and the Dark Angels hero guy who is also in WIP. (Pictures may come soon). I also get to look forward to getting some new brushes. I ended up backing the games and gears ichiban brush kickstarter, and so hopefully my pledge will be coming soon and I'm looking forward to playing with those instead of my slightly battered GW ones.

Cheers,

Will

Narric

You have a lot of wasted space in the picutres. Cropping it so the border is closer to the model weill help them fit on the page beter, and you'd be able to have them side by side, rather then as a column :)

Paintwork looks great, though I do agree with the fake tan model :P

Would I be close to assume Malifaux is like a High-fantasy setting much like Infinity?