News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Jump Pack Chaplain

Started by Chris, February 14, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey guys... So I've contracted a fatal bout of manflu these past few days... I've been given a minimum of 1 hour to live and a maximum of 70 more years...
So with this in mind, I decided I should probably paint something... So I did. Here you go!

:facepalm001:

On second thoughts, It might be good if I uploaded the pictures first...

EDIT:: NOW WITH 100% MORE PICTURES!
(Although 100% of zero is still zero right?)
Either way, we have PICTURES!

Thantos

Awesome ;D What chapter?
Some great conversion work there, and some bits look strangely familiar :P

Jonagon

Looking good, well done for making your deathly illness productive ;)

Chris

Alas, they were not the parts from Zealot Thantos... That is the FW Minotaurs Chaplain which comes with Asterion Moloch, I just added a Sanguinary Guard Jump Pack... Simple but effective. Mind you, I have misplaced those lovely bits I bought from you.... Curses be unto me and my lack of organisation.... Eitherway, they are going on my Vanguard vets...
As for Chapter, He's part of my Sons of Corvane. See my post in the fluff section for a bit of background on them...

Thanks Jonagon, that means a lot. I've admired your work, so its good to here I've improved...

Can anyone suggest any way to improve it?

Jonagon

You're welcome!

Um. So metals are fun and armour looks good though a little dark for my tastes. The White I think needs another coat or two to get the colour smoother and some of the lines could be finer (eg. On the jump pack). What brushes are you using?

Chris

I'm using the Citadel standard and fine detail brushes... Both are have seen better days, but I can't afford new ones or new paints...

Tom

I'll second Jonagon's advice on the white. I think some brighter red highlights might look nice too. A combination of that and a whiter white will provide a nice contrast to the dark armour.

Quote from: Chris on February 15, 2014, 07:48:31 PM
I'm using the Citadel standard and fine detail brushes... Both are have seen better days, but I can't afford new ones or new paints...

I'm not too fussy about the brand of my brushes but whatever it is you need a good point. Something tells me that "have seen better days" implies curling and splaying hairs? That doesn't mean you stop using those brushes - just get one more for fine detail work and look after it by only using it when you need it and cleaning it properly straight away after using it. Citadel also probably isn't the best value brand (although I'm pretty sure they're good-quality brushes).

What's your philosophy on brushes and brush-care Jonagon?

Jonagon

Yeah similar.

Seems like there's a fair few manufacturers who are ok.

I use windor newtons, but i don't think you have to and I try and use brush cleaner/conditioner but mostly forget.

Armypainter ones I think might be ok at a good price point. Might be worth getting just one brush if you can Chris and just using it for the detail bits. It'd only cost £4 or so I think it'd make a difference to the final highlights.

Chris

Brilliant, thanks guys! I'll pick up another brush when I can.

I'm working on the other guy from the set now, I think I'll wait for a new brush before attempting what I want to do on the cloak.