News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

2000 Point Speed Freaks

Started by Waaaghpower, March 18, 2013, 02:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

This is my first 'Speed Freak' list and one of my earliest theme lists, so whaddya think?

HQ:
Warboss: Warbike, Powerklaw, Attack Squig, Cybork Body - 150

Elites:
N/A

Troops:
'Ard Boys: 17 boys (shootas) 2 Big Shoota boys, 1 Nob w/ power klaw, bosspole - 250
Boys: 11 boys (slugga and choppa) 1 Nob w/ power klaw, bosspole - 112 points
            Trukk: Red Paint Job - 40 points
Biker Nobz: 8 Nobz All w/ Cybork Bodies, Stikkbombs. Following gear interspersed so no duplicate nobz:
            2 Power Klaws, 2 Kombi Skorchas, 2 Big Choppas, Painboy, Waaagh!  Banner, bosspole, - 528

Fast Attack:
Dakkajet: Extra Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace, Red Paint Job - 135
Stormboyz: 19 boyz, Zagstruk - 325
Deffkoptas: 5 Koptas, all w/ bigbomma - 300

Heavy Support:
Battlewagon: Kannon, 4 big shootas, Deff Rolla, red paint job - 160

Total: 2000

I tried to include a little bit of everything while maintaining a theme, and I'm pretty sure I'm not missing anything. For light anti-tank I've got the dakkajet and, to a lesser extent, the Dakkaguns from Warbikers. For anything tougher I've got 5 twin linked rokkits, a deff rolla, and my boss's power klaw.
Against infantry I've got dakkaguns (again from bikes), the dakkajet if its got no tanks to kill, a bunch of bigbomms, and of course my boys.
Heavy ranged units will die pretty quickly once I get the bikes across the board. Stormboyz can deal with anything hiding behind enemy lines.
My plan for Close Combat enemies depend on threat level: if they are very weak, using bikes would be a waste so I send boys. Against tough opponents, boys won't be strong enough so I send bikes. And against REALLY tough enemies I'm screwed anyways, so send boys and tarpit them for a while.
Everyone is mounted in a vehicle or else has high speed independently, so I will be able to close into assault pretty quickly.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Arguleon-veq

I quite like it. The one thing I'm not sure on though are the stormboyz, can they charge when they land with Zag this ed? I'm not sure how its worded/if its been FAQ'd. If they can its a nice choice.

I'm assuming the Ard Boyz are in the Wagon? If so they really don't need the armour. This gives you some points to play with, here is something I was discussing with a guy that has only ever ran speed freaks last year. He wanted grots but he wanted them mounted to stay in theme so I suggested puttin them in a bare bones looted wagon (looted rhino). It actually did ok for him as nobody will ever want to waste fire on it and when the grots get out it blocks LOS to them because they are small. Its a fun little objective stealer. Just reserve it so you don't lose first blood. You should be able to squeze it in for ard boy armour.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Waaaghpower

Yes, Zagstruk can still assault on deep striking.
I think I'm going to swap out the slugga and shoota on the Hard Boys so they get the close combat. My plan is to use them as close combat beasts, hence the armor, but now I'm not so sure.
If I were to drop the armor, I'd actually just drop a kopta as well and use the extra points to buy another Trukk of boys.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.