News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Tzeentch Ascendant ~ 1850

Started by Aun, March 11, 2013, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aun

So, I just got my paws on the daemons book and really like the potential of using them with Chaos Space Marine allies, so I cooked this list up with that in mind. The primary detachment its Chaos Daemons with Chaos Space Marines as allies. Please tell me what you think, C&C welcome.

LVL 3 Daemon Prince of Tzeentch w/ Daemonic Flight, Warp Forged Armour, 1 Greater and 1 Lesser Reward
335 points

LVL 3 Herald of Tzeentch w/ Exalted Locus
120 points

LVL 3 Herald of Tzeentch w/ Exalted Locus
120 points

20 Pink Horrors
180 points

20 Pink Horrors
180 points

Lvl 3 Chaos Sorcerer w/ Spell Familiar, Mark of Tzeentch, Veteran of the Long War, Terminator Armour, Power Axe, Force Staff, Sigil of Corruption
207 points

6 Chaos Terminators w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Chainfist, Hades Autocannon, Veterans of the Long War
273 points

10 Thousand Sons
265 points

Heldrake w/ Hades Autocannon
170 points

= 1850 points

The Daemon Prince is going to be the Warlord, my basic plan being to trade off his Lesser Reward for a Staff of Change, keeping him and the Heldrake back as a flying reserve and the Terminators deep strike in to deal with problem units.

Chicop76

Why not go with a LoC. Unless you trying to go for biomanncy I do not see point of prince. Also the exhaulted powers on your heralds seem ok. Greater and lesser would be better.

Although I can see True Names on one. With a 3+ invulnerable and re roll on 1s it's almost like having a +2 invulnerable save.

Aun

Frankly the reason I went with a Daemon Prince is simply because I already have a model for him :P.

The heralds have the Exalted Locus (+1 psychic power strength), not Exalted Rewards.

Chicop76

Quote from: Aun on March 11, 2013, 06:11:10 AM
Frankly the reason I went with a Daemon Prince is simply because I already have a model for him :P.

The heralds have the Exalted Locus (+1 psychic power strength), not Exalted Rewards.

I modeld my prince to be a thirster. Although doing so to make a LoC would be harder.

I saw Exalted lol and thought rewards. I think you should get 1 Exaulted Reward for a herald for the Grimoire of True Names. I used it Saturday with daemonettes and it allowed me to take one guard with just one squad. I already mention what it does.

Oh you need instruments for the warp table. That way you do not take damage when the anti Tzeentch one pops up.

I used that Tzeentch set up against guard and it was very effectve wiping out veteran squads.