News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The War Saga: Prelude (RP Thread)

Started by Waaaghpower, May 08, 2015, 02:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

"Don't insult me David. You bring me here and introduce a bunch of children. What did you expect me to think? If that is the job, it will be done."

Franklin took a sip from his tankard.

"So. Where to first?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Mabbz

"And more importantly, how much do we get paid?" Jane disliked the current balance of power, but she wasn't going into a dangerous situation for free.

Waaaghpower

David returned to his seat, keeping one hand on his mug and one on the table. "Deposits of currency have been left at various drop points. You'll be given the locations of these points upon completion of the mission. Should I die before I can tell you where the currency is, you'll find the locations written down in my journal along with a sizeable amount of money on my person to buy you transport to wherever you may wish to go. Due to the danger and risk involved, each deposit contains one hundred Gold Swords, along with a supply of gemstones and several ingots of gold should currency fail once war breaks out." He took another drink, wincing a bit as he put the glass down.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Careful who you call a child, old man" Simo replied without so much as looking up

"I'm young, yes, but I could take you out in a single shot before you even knew I was there. If you doubt that, you clearly don't know how hard it is to get a rifle like this from the military" he added, patting the rifle he'd rested against the table.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Narric

"Can't say this was what I was expecting, but I've never been one to shy away from a challenging project" Korus smiled at David. "Do I assume we're destroying some Spirit powered devices?"

Waaaghpower

Intelligence checks:
Jane - 2 (Needs 69)
Korus - 48 (Needs 50)
Simo - 17 (Needs 30)
Franklin - 15 (Needs 55)

Mind check:
David - 41 (Needs 45)

David smiled a bit, the expression a little odd behind swollen lips. "This is what we're doing," he said, planting both hands on the table, closing his eyes, and focusing.

After a moment, the table began to glow, and three symetrical   patterns of runes appeared in glowing hard light, each moving in an almost clockwork fashion, all miniaturized so as to fit on the table.

There was a moment of silent comprehension as everyone around the table stared, taking in the image and translating the runes into an effect in their heads.

"Brothers save us..." Jane whispered, realizing what she was looking at. Even Franklin was impressed.

"Is this what I think it is?" Korus asked, glancing up at David.

In response, David simply twisted his hands, and the image shifted to a a glowing white-light image of a great city with impressively thick walls and defenses. In demonstration, three gouting beams of fire struck up from corners of the city, and as the flames reached their peak, the walls of the city came crumbling down in a shower of light which vanished as it tumbled off the table.

"Any questions?"

Narric

"When do we get started?" Korus asked with a smile.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Alright, target acquired. Where do we begin?" Simo added as he took another drink from his tankard.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Franklin took in the display. It was well executed certainly. Still, the sooner he got on with it, the better.

He stood and repositioned his cloak and hood, took his staff in hand.

"I am ready to go. Whomever is coming with me make yourself known. You will need to keep up."

Waaaghpower

"Sit down," David advised, rolling his eyes as he sat down himself, letting the spell fade."We aren't going anywhere with the weather at it is." Finishing Jane's drink, he turned to Korus and Simo. "We strike out when the storm clears, riding west."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Hardened mercenaries, kept at bay by inclement weather. Truly a force to be feared."

Franklin sat back down again.

"First we will have to travel quickly and far tonight, now we must wait so we do not get wet."

Waaaghpower

David raised an eyebrow, smirking. "Perhaps you missed a second calling as a jester," he commented. "Show a little respect to your betters, if you would. There's a lady present."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Very well, we will sit. We will wait. You are the one hiring me. The longer I work, the more you have to pay me."

He drained the last few dregs from his drink.

"As for the lady, I would be MOST disappointed if she needed special treatment on account of her gender."

Waaaghpower

"The point of a lady is not that you have to give special treatment," David advised, "But that we give it anyways."

The Man They Call Jayne

"I have always found that women are more than capable without being babied. Now, if we are to remain in this place for any substantial length of time, I shall see about getting something to eat."