News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1850 Point Tournament Recap - Eldar

Started by Arguleon-veq, July 21, 2013, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on July 29, 2013, 06:56:07 PM
Riptides are even worse as they should only ever hit 3 guys so even if there are 3 riptides and all hit thats only 9 wounds, so again, 2 dead warlocks. Thats from 3 riptides supported by at least 10 markerlight hits.

Actually Chicop when I was first working out what could deal with the council, overwhelming sniper fire was one of the things that can put a lot of hurt on it just for the rends, sniper drones and 50+ sniper kroot and an ethereal are pretty scary for them once you have some markerlight hits.

Then you add in the fact that those weapons are also great for killing wraithknights.

Although I did face that this tournament and the wave serpents just allow you to reduce the markerlights coming at you or to simply kill a load of the snipers.

As ive said though the council is far too unreliable, going second or notgetting the right powers will usually make the unit one of the biggest wastes of points in the game. Its brutal when it works, but its only going to work in about half your games.

That's sad to hear. Too bad you are not battle brothers with another psychic army. Endurance would be really helpful. Out of experance I am not too afariad of the srepents, but that council is really scarry. It forces people to deal with it.

The Man They Call Jayne

3 Riptides firing 3 S8 AP2 Large Blasts at BS5 and denying cover only kills 2 warlocks? If that is so then either Riptides are just shit or the council is broken as all hell.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Chicop76

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 29, 2013, 11:41:11 PM
3 Riptides firing 3 S8 AP2 Large Blasts at BS5 and denying cover only kills 2 warlocks? If that is so then either Riptides are just shit or the council is broken as all hell.

It's due to spacing. If he put them in a line you will only be able to hit three which is why you have to single shot instead of firing the template. He can still have a re rollable 4 plus invul.

With out using lights that's 4.5 hits, about 4 wounds, 1 dead. If you use marker lights you can kill 2. However that is not adding plasma or melta shots, or the possibility of double melta. If you add double melta that would be 5 extra shots since one would fail. About 4 would hit and that would be 1 wound again. If you use marker lights to ignore cover and to upgrade to bs than that's 4 dead. In reality you would be hard pressed to even kill 2.

This is why I ply daemons. I would like to see how my 20 man squad of daemonettes would fair against the council. If I get all the buffs I want than they will be +2 invulnerable, endurance, flame shield, invisibility. While on the council they will have enfeeble, misfortune, and hallucination.

Master 3 psykers vs Master 3 psykers would be interesting.

Arguleon-veq

The Council isnt really broken Jayne as it doesnt work if it goes second, it doesnt work well vs 2+ saves and it doesnt work if you dont get the right powers or pass your psychic tests.

I was the only person to take it to this tournament and only won 3 out of 5 and even in one of those games it was effectively without the council. At the next tournament I went there were 3 of us with it, one guy won 1 out of 5 with his, I again won 3 out of 5 and the other guy who is top 10 in the country and the highest ranked eldar player and plays for team England also only managed to win 3 out of 5 with it. Like me he is also dropping it from now on.

Thats another reason why fortune is so important Chicop, it also allows you to re roll deny the witch rolls, which is huge when your facing something like misfortune that will effectively cancel out fortune anyway.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33