News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Enter, The Darkness [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager, October 13, 2011, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Rousing from his sleep swiftly Oan grabbed his bow and planted his sword in the ground in front of him.

(Pm sent to Rav.)
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

Marcus swiftly raises his bow, fitting a poisoned tipped arrow, and aims into the crowd of beasts.
(PM sent.)

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Mabbz

Galithir draws back his staff as if preparing for a strike, the crystal at the top seeming to leave a trail of shadows in it's wake. His left hand swiftly draw the hunting knife he had bought in town.

(PM sent)

Ravager Zero

As the first daemons bound past the perimeter, one of the shadows lunges straight for Ja'nus, jaws snapping around his arms. Less than a second later Tybalt aims and fires his rifle over the campfire, steel ball smashing the skull of the daemon, turning it into little curls of blackened Essence. Concentration interrupted, Ja'nus first spell, a wall of fire, is less than spectacular, doing little more than creating a little breathing room in front of him.

Even with the help of the Leritas rune, Oan's first shot goes wide, somehow passing between more than half a dozen daemons before embedding itself in the earth. Unperturbed he nocks another arrow, draws, and fires again. This time the arrow catches a shadow mid-lunge, sending it crashing to earth.

Zothern charges past Marcus as he nocks and fires a volley of poisoned arrows. The first arrow strikes to the left of Zothern, sticking out of a Daemon's eye, but still the beast keeps coming. A swift backhand from Zothern puts it down permanently. The second poisoned arrows slices into the flank of another shadow, with seemingly no effect. Enraged, the wolf-like daemon leaps at Zothern only to meet with hard-edged steel at the last moment, disappearing in a curl of black smoke.

The dark swarm descends upon the party, only to be driven back as Ja'nus casts another spell, a blinding flash of golden flame tearing a burning swath through a trice of daemons. The light is enough to force the swarm back, and the burning earth now serves as a torch, keeping the swarm at bay.

On the far side of the campsite Tybalt continues to fire his clockwork rifle, the mechanism clicking as each round is loaded and fired, followed by a deafening report of exploding gunpowder. One, two, three shots strike true, killing and maiming daemons trying to flank the party. The last shot just barely misses, smashing into the forepaw of a charging daemon.

Galithir launches a barrage of black darts, shadowy Essence coalescing into bone-white shards, ripping and tearing at everything it passes. In the bone-spears' wake lie a quinn of dead or dying daemons, curls of thick, black smoke. Wrapping himself in a cloak of shadows Galithir wades into the thick of combat
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Narric

Zothern's mind and body were wracked with pain. He could barely focus on where he was, nor why he was in so much pain. He could hear a great deal of shouting around him, but couldn't quite focus on it.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus stepped towards the deamons prowling nearby. He was incensed, filled with a hatred for the Shadowmage that he couldn't fully explain. His Soulstone flared with power, and he moved to protect his wounded friends, and bring the Shadowmage to his knees. . .
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

'Well this isn't working.' Tybalt looks around, "Can someone cover me a minute?" Tybalt then closes his eyes and starts to concentrate as he draws Essence to himself.

Ravager Zero

Ja'nus concentrated hard on channeling the diminishing Essence around himself, pushing forwards with both arms, palms outwards, sparks trailing from his fingertips. A massive wall of flame raced outwards, scorching the earth and igniting anything it touched, including a pair of unfortunate shadows about to pounce upon the group.

Oan whirled, nocking and firing an arrow with lightning speed. The flights ignited as the arrow passed over Ja'nus' wall of flame, tracing the arc of the arrow until it suddenly stopped in a place darker than the rest of the night. Incensed by the audacity of this mortal, the shadowmage drew more of the corrupted Essence to itself, lifting its taloned hands to the sky before swinging down with both arms, wrists crossing over.

The shadows around Oan seemed to lift themselves from the earth, coalescing into black spears ten feet in the air, before lancing down and pinning him in place, leaving a ragged gash down one cheek and ragged lacerations down his calves. Shaken by this assault, Oan's next arrow sailed well wide of the mark.

On the far side of the camp Galithir raised his fist towards one of the daemons circling him, flicking his fingers out explosively. Shards of bone pelted the shadow, giving him breathing room to cast something more powerful. Arms weaving the Essence through the air, Galithir draws on his own reserves to bolster the strength of the magick. Throwing his arms wide open, Galithir summons a massive blast of shadowy force, ripping open the uppermost layer of soil and tossing the daemons aside like some child's playthings.

Protecting the mages, Marcus patiently awaited his moment, swinging his massive warhammer to intercept a charging shadow, stoving in its skull with a single strike, smiling as it turned to oily black smoke before the corpse hit the ground. His second strike was enough to hurt another of the lupine shadows

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

El ShasOcho

Marcus, sensing that the foes had been dispatched, looked over to Oan, who was hunched over Jan'us's limp body. "Can you heal him? Does anyone here know the art of healing magical wounds? I have some skills, but not in the magical realm, I cannot cure damage done by magick."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus lay deathly still. He couldnt move or speak, he could only feel the essence of his Soulstone. He turned his mind to it, used it as an anchor to keep himself here. He couldn't risk losing his soul to the winds of essence, he had too much to do.

He had little idea how the rest of the party had fared, or even what had happened to him, he only remembered darkness and an intense flash of searing white hot pain as his fireball went nowhere, he must have failed his friends, maybe they are all dead, and it was his fault. He had to survive, to make it right.

A small knot of essence nearby caught his attention. . .Galithir. . .he recognised his staffs signature, it must be him, he was alive, and that ment the others may be alive too!

Ja'nus' mind tried to reach out and feel this knot, to show Galithir that he wasn't dead, but the exertion proved to much, and his mind shut down, fading to the darkness of deep deep sleep.

InsaneTD

'I know Kaduse, it's a fairly minor spell that will hopefully cleanse the wounds and stabilise him.'

Putting words to action Tybalt starts trying to using Kaduse to heal Ja'nus.

OOP: Can you roll it Rav?

Ravager Zero

Healing Ja'nus

Tybalt slowly traces a rune onto Ja'nus chest with the blood pooling beneath him, concentrating on correctly forming the runeword for maximum effect. What little Essence remains is slowly drawn towards the downed disciple of Rai-Tane, the blood beneath him seeming to shimmer and flow inwards, cuts and scratches healing in seconds, the puckered flesh of his burns slowly smoothing over.

It is not a powerful rune, but invoked with great skill it is enough to restore Ja'nus to something resembling fighting form. Coughing harshly, he sits, taking stock of the situation, before making a very bad joke.

Health

HP restored
Ja'nus: 6/14 HP

The rest of the group looks around, securing the campsite. The danger has passed for now, and it is time to rest. In the morning your journey will continue.

InsaneTD

'If you guys don't mind, I'd like the charge my Sunstone when the Sun has risen. I will delay us a little but I'd like it charged if I need the essence.'

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus coughs and splutters as he wakes with a start.

"Tybalt. . .I am in your debt, what ever you need of me, ask, and it shall be done if it is within my power. I can only hope to save your life as you have mine"

Using his staff for leverage Ja'nus climbs to his feet unsteadily.

"I need water, summoning a fire creature leaves me thirsty. A Djinn and Tonic as it were." He said dryly.

"If we are safe I would retire to recuperate, and I would advise you all to do the same. Of course. . .if we are not safe, I will stand, or rather sit watch, untill morning."

Mabbz

Galithir wandered over "You lot get some rest, especially you Ja'nus. That was one hell of a fireball you summoned. I'll keep watch, I doubt I'll be able to sleep after that. Besides, I need to repair these robes, one of the lupines tore it."