News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Brassclaw's Horde of Khorne

Started by Brassclaw, December 13, 2012, 02:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassclaw

Hello Traitors and heretics, Berzerkers and Bloodletters.

Its been over a year since I posted to this thread and not a whole lot has change at least army wise. I have chosen to retake some photo of my models with a better camera. Heres the new list

BRASSCLAW'S HORDE OF KHORNE PTS 8888

KHORNE DAEMONKIN PTS 4168
HQ
1X Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage Pts 275
1X Chaos Lord with Juggernaut of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak Grenades, The Blade of Endless Bloodshed and The Skull Helm of Khorne Pts 195

TROOPS
5X 8 Berzerkers with 2 plasma pistols, Champion with a Powerfist and a Rhino pts 1260
2X 10 Bloodletters pts 100

ELITES
1X 8 Possessed with Rhino pts 275

FAST ATTACK
1X 5 Chaos Spawn pts 160

HEAVY SUPPORT
1X Forgefiend with 2 Hades Autocannons pts 180
2X Soul Grinders with Phlegm Bombardment pts 330

LORD OF WAR
1X Lord of Skulls pts 888
1X Chaos Knight Paladin with Daemon Knight of Khorne pts 425

TRAITOR GUARD PTS 3170
HQ
1X Company Command Squad with 1 Lascannon team, a Master of Ordnance, Company Commander with Carapace Armour and Poweraxe pts 120

TROOPS
2X 6 Veterans with lasguns, 2 Veterans with plasma guns, 1 Veteran with a flamer, Primaris Psyker is Level 2 with Demonology and Divination, and Chimera pts 500
2X 6 Veterans with lasguns, 2 Veterans with plasma guns, 1 Veteran with a flamer and Chimera pts 350

FAST ATTACK
3X 1 Vendetta pts 510

HEAVY SUPPORT
1X 3 Wyverns pts 195
1X 3 Leman Russ Battle Tanks with heavy bolter sponsons pts 510
1X 3 Leman Russ Punishers with heavy bolter sponsons pts 480

LORD OF WAR
1X Shadowsword with 2 Lascannons and 2 twin-linked sponsons pts 505

CHAOS SPACE MARINES PTS 1550
HQ
1X Khârn pts 160

TROOPS
2X 35 Chaos Cultists with Mark of Khorne pts 440

ELITES
1X Contemptor Dreadnought with 2 DCCW, 2 Heavy Flamers and Dedication to Khorne pts 225

FAST ATTACK
2X 1 Heldrake with baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
1X 3 Obliterators pts 210
1X Chaos Relic Sicaran with lascannon sponsons pts 175   
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the major change is Chaos Typhon being sub out for Chaos Knight Paladin. Most being I like the Knight as a unit better. I have been flirting with the idea for expanding the list to 10,000 points. But who knows what may come down the pipe in terms of chaos? If we get a legions codex, everything might change. I promise new photos and i keep my promises  :) .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my first round of pics are going to be the completed HQ units I have for the 3 lists. This includes: The Juggernaught Lord, The Command Squad and Khârn.

So, this model is about 3 yrs old in my colleciont. i used to have another juggernaut lord if any remembers the 2nd/3rd edition one. The bits that make him up are as followed: The body and head are from the Chaos Lord on a manticore, the axe is from the Chosen kits, and the backpack is from the 3rd edition lord kit. I believe the jugger himself is from the bloodcrusher kit.

Khârn on the other hand is one of my oldest models, 10+ years for sure. He has been on the receiving end of some scrapes and bruises on and off the battlefield. It's also not my paint job; it was done by a friend of mine when I first got the model. I have had to paint over some of the parts due to flaking.

A newish unit to the collection, about 1 to 2 years old. Most of the dudes are from renegade militia kit from forge world. The Commander is an inquistor model, his axe is a conversation from the marauder horsemen kit, and i changed his bolt pistol to a laspistol.

That's it for today! See ya next time.

Brassclaw

Hello again guys, I have the day off of work so I thought I would take some more pics. Next up is the finished elites section, now the 3 lists don't really call for many elites, actually just 2 units in the whole horde. Contemptor Dreadnought won't be making appearance anytime soon, but I do have the possessed unit.

Now this unit is gone throught a lot of changes throughtout the ages, both rule wise and model wise. This unit to be a all converted models, because back in the day GW didn't have a possessed models. So this is the rare unit that I have replaced someone of the models for newer models. I usually don't do that but the newer possessed models were too good to pass on.

Later gators

Narric

Fantastic models and pics, Brassclaw :D

Looking forward to seeing more models :3

Brassclaw

Today, i give you some big guns. A forge fiend, a Leman Russ and some converted Centurions Obilterators

I got the forge fiend soon after the chaos codex was release and I'm was a big fan of it when it came out. It's not the best rules wise but it was a fun kit to build and paint.

Now these are my Obliterators. I didn't like the current obliterators that GW has on right now, so i thought i would make my own. I saw a lot of centurion conversions, Biohazard's and Kraut Scientist's especially were good. There are a lot of bits, if you want to know which ones post in the thread and I will do my best to name them.   

The first Leman Russ to be finished. Painting finished not too long ago before I started this thread. Still unsure about the red armour but I think its fine. I just wanted some colour to break up the greyness

Brassclaw

Rapid Assault

So this is my heldrake, one o the most difficult models to build and paint. Although i think hes worth it. Next time magnetized them wings

Here are my ogryn berzerkers who most play as count as chaos spawn in my Khorne Daemonkin army. Really fun to paint these dudes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Leman Russ done. Man do I hate painting free hand, but I think the blood for the blood god looks good. At least good enough.

Brassclaw

Rhinos Rhinos Rhinos
A mixture of old school and the newer school rhinos in my collection.

Brassclaw

Berzerker Horde Squad 1/5
So yeah, 40 berzerkers in total are in my collection. This is the first squad of 5. Berzerker are some of my oldest models, so if any of them look rough, chop it up to my youth at the time

Now the champion is mixture of Chaos Marine parts, Chaos Knight head, and old school raptor claw

Brassclaw

Berzerker Horde 2/5
Slowly taking pictures of the berzerkers, this is the 2nd squad of blood crazed berzerkers. I believe the champion in this squad is from earlier 3rd or 2nd edition.

Brassclaw

Berzerker Horde Part 3/5
Continuing on with the Berzerkers. The Champion in this one is the old Night Lords hero model.

Brassclaw

Berzerker Horde 4/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are almost done with my finished Khorne Daemonkin works.