News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Council RPG (Roleplay)

Started by Rarity Declis, June 01, 2012, 09:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

"We believe the Admiral was simply asking for the Quarians outlaw status to be removed, putting them on equal footing with the Salarians. Such a request is reasonable, although we cannot guarantee that such a proposition would be successful. If the Quarians could provide some benefit to this council then your welcome would be much surer."

The Geth considered something momentarily, before putting the idea forward. "During our initial reconnaissance of the Hades Gamma sector our fleet discovered a habitable world that we believe was unpopulated. If your Migrant Fleet, backed up by whatever ships the council doesn't send to aid the Asari, were to settle there you could act as a barrier, staging post and fall back position against the Rachni. Our combined forces should be able to withstand the Rachni until the mercenaries are dealt with. The planet would be yours to do with as your people wished, provided you assisted us against the Rachni. Of course, this would put your people on the front line, which you said you did not want, so the Geth would not think any less off you for refusing."

Allowing the creator to consider the idea for a moment, the Geth turned to Maria. "The Geth shall redirect as many of our ships as we can spare to the Asari homeworld. The exact number shall be decided once we have a plan to deal with the Rachni, and once we know what the Quarians intend to do. Incidentally, do you know who hired these mercenaries?"

Vyper

The Illusive Man stared blankly for a moment, listening to the Speaker.

'Alas, these arguments get us no where.'

Turning to face the other councillors, he continued;

'I can look into the possibility of ship-based weaponry or shields designed specifically to combat the Rachni. Additional funding would allow this research to be done in a shorter time frame.'

The Man They Call Jayne

The Matriarch turned to the Geth and gave a slight bow of her head. "Thank you for your support. Once the Homeworld is secured we will send all reenforcements to Hades Gammer to deal with the threat there."

She turned to the Quarian. "If you choose to settle of the discovered world, the Asari would be willing to arrange to have troops Garrisoned there for your protection, and to back the desicion to lift your Outlaw Status. You would be a Neutral Race with a Homeworld and a sizeable fleet."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

El ShasOcho

"The Salarians approve of bringing the Quarian into neutral race status. We find nothing wrong with their actions."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

"When we have the ships to spare, we will send what we can to help with this threat. At this moment in time the defences of our fleet must be improved, we cannot risk sending off half our fleet and the other half being wiped out."

"Do you know the numbers that wish to assault your homeworld? If the numbers are not too large maybe our migrant fleet can join your system. A full fleet will certainly make more of an impact on proceedings."

ZaFira turned to the Geth. "Unfortunately your promises of a homeworld mean nothing if it is not Rannoch that we are allowed to colonise. The board of admirals do not support us taking a planet, and taking a planet that forces us to continue wearing these suits is not a homeworld we wish to have."

Again, ZaFira paused then turned once more, this time now facing the "Illusive Man". "We have not thrown up a smoke screen, we simply explained what we did. You on the other hand still haven't explained the business of the spy. Would you prefer us to simply put him to death?"

Mabbz

"So you do not want any planet except Rannoch?" The Geth ambassador asked, expressing the skepticism of it's entire race. "Does your board of admirals except that Rannoch is as much the Geth's homeworld as it is yours? You must realise that the best you could ever hope for is to share the planet with us. We have too much infrastructure their to simply leave."

The Man They Call Jayne

"If you wish to send your entire fleet then we would not object. If it is not in Hades Gamma then it cannot be attacked. If you were to assist the Asari in this matter you would not find us ungrateful. The enemy fleet consits of over a dozen vessels, of which 3 are full Battleships. We will not ask you to put your people at risk however. There will be losses, we cannot prevent this, nor can we garentee your saftey. The Asari or this council will not be held responsilbe for any losses you sustain."

Will's on Fire

"Geth, currently that is a discussion taking place with our admirals. Most are happy to live a shared existence on Rannoch. Maybe when we are considered neutral, the rest of the admirals will come round to this way of thinking. It is certainly something to be considered."

The Quarian looked across to the Asari. "Over a dozen vessels? Maybe we can come to some sort of agreement. What sort of fleet have you already stationed around Thessia? Maybe we can manage this fight without losses. In return we ask for but a few things. First, neutrality. We do not wish to be considered outlaws if we are to help in this fight. Secondly, any destroyed Rachni ships we would like to be given to our engineers for salavage. We will then share with you what our engineers discover. It is well known that my race has the best engineers."

Vyper

'Seeing as you want rid of our man, drop him at Omega, you will be paid and we wil take it from there.'

The Illusive Man motioned with his hand and a holographic star map appeared infront of the council. Several systems surrounding the Rachni flotilla were illuminated.

'Until we possess sufficient numbers to mount a decisive attack on the Rachni, Taskforce 1 shall make hit and run attacks to stall and possibly disrupt the enemy fleet.'

Mabbz

"If you assist the Asari, the Geth would be happy to support your request to have your outlaw status overturned. Of course, any decision on sharing Rannoch will take much longer, and we have more pressing matters now. Currently the Geth have sent two cruisers and a battleship to Thessia, along with ten thousand ground troops. We would also like to know what our allies have stationed at Thessia, as well as hearing the rest of the council's opinion on how to deal with the Rachni. Our fleet in Hades Gamma is currently outmatched by the Rachni, so we will avoid outright battle as Cerberus is doing; instead we will remain in the area to provide Cerberus' first fleet with support and relief should the Rachni manage to catch them."

Rarity Declis

Maria approached the Council.

"I believe there are questions regarding the Mercernary Fleet approaching Thessia. I am here to answer these questions." She bowed.

Will's on Fire

"We will consider your offer Illusive Man."

"As for you, Geth, that sounds reasonable. It is good to see a large number of ships from you being sent to defend Thessia. I believe we may be able to mount a defence of the place without any loss of ships if we plan correctly."

The Man They Call Jayne

"The entire Asari Fleet is being sent home. And we have a new ship under construction there with luck we will have 2 battleships and 2 to 3 cruisers for the Asari Fleet. As for the slavage, take what you will and share your research. My scientists will help you with that if you require it."

Will's on Fire

"Would someone on the council like to ask the spectre about the details of this mercenary fleet? Maybe, Maria, was it? Would tell us by our asking. To whom is the merc's allegiance owed?"

Rarity Declis

Maria bowed to the Quarian diplomat.

"That question isn't as easy to answer as we wish. Whoever has been setting it up has been very careful, I can find no solid evidence to a single group or organisation. As it is, the Mercenaries are well equipped and well-funded, and comprise of a great deal of a race known as the Krogan, fierce and strong warriors from the Tuchunka system, and an avian race calling itself the Turians. They are moving in from north of Council Space and are motivated."

Maria flushed. "I know these are not answers, but finding an employer is not what I considered important. In only a few months, these groups went from fighting each other to uniting. I also know that this is the most eager group, and that another, larger group is organising to sweep in from the East. However, it takes time to make ties, and I have been trying my best to break them up. When my efforts proved too little and Thessia was coming under threat, I left my forces to buy as much time as possible and I came to warn the Council."

She wiped her forehead. "If the Council wishes, I can find the group responsible for organising the mercs, or perhaps I can delay the larger group from moving for even longer. However, I will require funds, several hundred thousand credits, a Battleship and I need colleagues, I cannot do everything myself. I am Asari, I am not the Goddess."