News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper

'I will take first watch as well if you wish. How long shall we rest here? I agree with moving at night, however these patches of life become more sparse as we travel further into the wastes. Just an idea, but we could fashion some sort of sledge to carry water and any spare supplies. Take turns dragging it.'

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Murtan started looking around for deadwood to start the fire with, partly because dead wood burns more easily, but mainly because it would give off less smoke, less likely to attract unwanted attention.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

'A pack animal would be better then a sledge. Would also allow us to take more stuff with us. The problem would be in a fight keeping it calm and from getting injured. Most of the rumors I've heard place these people as coming from the coast. So places like this would probably be more common. Although I must admit I'm guessing on that. The Verdas tribe travel more inland. We have traded with tribes that live near the coast.'

Vyper

'As we reach the coast yes, they shall become more apparent, but there is a fair amount of desert between here and the coast.'

El ShasOcho

"Hashinish, are you saying you would take watch all night with the other rotating? Or that you will take a shift? I would take an early shift so I can make sure the fire is going well."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

Zaag stepped out from where he had been leaning against a tree avoiding most conversation. Just listening and taking as much in as he could.

He drew his hatchet, and walked over to Farooq. "You cut the big branches and I'll cut them into smaller pieces. Sound like a plan?"

The Man They Call Jayne

"Agreed, look out then."

Farooq Hacked at a branch causing to crash down in front of Zaag.

"And no, I'm saying 3 hour shifts for everyone. We all need sleep, even me. But the darkness works for me."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Will's on Fire

"Sounds like a good idea to me." Replied Zaag as he got to work cutting the branch.

Ravager Zero

Rolls

The eight travellers worked quickly, setting up the camp, starting a small fire, and even trying to construct a sled on which to carry extra supplies. The sled did not work out. Any dead wood cracked too easily, and they were loath to cut down a tree just to help themselves when other tribes might need the resources. A lack of rope for lashings was another concern. A few of them had rope, but nowhere near enough to lash the branches together. In the end, Prae'tor and Tarrik collected their rope, and heaped the wood on the fire with a sigh of disgust.

In the west, the sun had sunk far below the horizon. Above, the stars twinkled overhead, pinpoints of light in the night sky. To the east silvery Cronos and pale green Aberros rose into the sky, casting a wan light across the desert. Both moons were nearly full. In the western sky, a tiny point of black marked the face of Disyrious, visible only as it blocked the stars above. The air was already growing cooler, a light wind shifting the nearby sands. In an hour, maybe two, they would be able to walk the sands safely under the light of the moons.

Farooq and Prae'tor took the first watch, standing on opposite sides of the camp as the others rested. Occasionally one of them would stir, it would not do to fall into a deep sleep just yet. Prae'tor heard the rumbling hiss first. The sand rippled towards the camp in a herringbone trail, turning away to the north at the last instant. Catching Farooq's attention, the tribesman pointed to the north, at the trail in the sand. The Hashashim nodded, wrapping a shawl over the lower half of his face. As he did so, Farooq seemed to fade, moonlight passing through the space he had been standing in.

He knew it was unlikely to fool a creature like the bonewyrm, but Farooq would take every advantage he could get. Carefully, he paced the trail, stamping at its end. A sudden spray of sand in the distance told him it had worked. Taking a small alchemical sphere from beneath his robe, the hashashim inserted a short length of match, lit it, and threw the device as hard as possible to the west. Then he ran back to the safety of the camp.

The spray of sand seemed to be getting dangerously close. Prae'tor watched with increasing alarm as Farooq ran towards the fire. Halfway there, a loud bang, followed by several sharp reports, echoed across the desert. The bonewyrm turned, arrowing towards the source of the sounds. Something that loud could only be a nightwing crashing into the sound. Seeing that the bonewyrm had turned away, Farooq turned to Prae'tor and bowed briefly before resuming his post. It would not be long, and they would then be moving swiftly across the desert sands.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

El ShasOcho

Salman was half awake when he heard noise. Rising quickly, he saw that Farooq and Prae'tor seemed to have things under control. He walked over to Farooq. "What have I missed?" he asked. After a brief explanation, he said "I can take over watch now if you or The archer wants to rest."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

"I can continue Salman, however it may be prudent for us to move on, within the hour. If the creature knows we are here, it could bring others."

Mabbz

Dreylan was a light sleeper at the best of times, so the noises quickly roused him. As he got up he heard the conversation. "I agree with Farooq. I'd rather avoid danger that isn't relevant to our quest. Let's wake the others and leave, unless they come up with better ideas"

Vyper

'I suggest that seeing as you are awake, you the two of you should try to collect as much water as you can. We will be moving at night, but it is always advisable to carry as much water as possible.'

The Man They Call Jayne

"A wise plan. Pass me the canteens and I will take them to the water while you all prepare your sleeping gear."

Mabbz

Dreylan also took some canteens and began filling them with water.