News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Enter, The Darkness [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager, October 13, 2011, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus sat paitiently, savoring a suprisingly good ale that he hadn't expected in a town lke this. It seemed everytime the decision was made to finally sit a talk, someone felt the need to wander off again. He noticed it getting dark and reached out to the small collection of candles in the middle of the table then passed his hand over them, lighting them together. The Soulstone flared dimly in his staff and this tiny use of Essence.

"I grow weary of waiting for everyone to be ready. I have learned that there are many things in the Forlorn Forests, animals, beasts and rumours of monsters, although this has never been confirmed. There are also many temples and ruins, some safe, others not. There are dark forces in some that will drain the essence fom us, others that are simply structurally unsound."

He took a long drink from his tankard and smacked his lips appreciativly.

"There is one Temple of note however. It is said to be bathed in sunlight no matter the weather, and a safe haven for travellers who can find it. Where it is I have little clue, but I feel that our Hunter here may be able to put his talents to use. It strikes me that if this is a safe place, animals would head to it regularly. My skills in tracking creatures are non existant, so I defer to you, Oan, if you feel you are up to that task?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

El ShasOcho

Marcus wanders back into the inn, a sack over his shoulder. "Sorry I'm late, got a little sidetracked. I've got canteens, so dried fruit, and a fishing rod with bait. Figure it's easier to gather food on the road, I have my bow as well so food shouldn't be an issue. What did I miss?"
Ja'nus fills him in briefly, and Marcus nods in understanding. "well, I think when we get on the road tomorrow finding that ruin should be a priority. We can ask around on our way to the woods."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Mabbz

"This all sounds fine to me" said Galithir. "I wish my day had been as productive as yours. Ja'nus. All I found out is that the daemons haven't come this far south yet. Oh, and I found out that the town is in such a sorry state because of collateral damage caused by a pyromancer trying to stop a rogue necromancer, but that doesn't seem overly important to our quest."

"Incidentally, I'm a fairly good cook. My wife was a chef. I can't really hunt, but at least I can contribute to the group at mealtimes."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Necromancer vs Pyromancer eh?. Lets hope we can avoid that then, this place cant take another hit" said Ja'nus jovially.

"Let's hope that the rest of our party arrives soon, we need a good night sleep before we begin our journey proper."

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Where are Tybalt and Zothern?" Oan demanded. "I hope they don't take this long when it comes to setting out in the morning, otherwise we'll never manage to keep to any kind of schedule we plan."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

"If we have to, we can leave without them, they are both able to catch us up if they hurry. We do not have time for such delays."

El ShasOcho

"Well, lets at least get some sleep. We can fill them in on the road tomorrow morning. Not our fault if they're a little sleepy tomorrow".
Spoiler
@Rav: Think we can just move this along a bit, maybe have you like say night came, and then in the morning we leave?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"In that case I may as well tell you why I want to go to the forest before we crash for the night." Oan replied.

"There is a legend I was told a long time ago. My mentor, a good man by the name of Mick Venner, told me it as a child and it always fascinated me. As I grew older I dismissed it as nonsense, an old wives tale told to entertain and nothing more, but if what the old man says about the ruins is true then there might be something to it.

Legend has it that aeons ago, as the old gods still walked the earth amongst men; Kiron, god of Chaos grew jealous of Sheiya

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

"An interesting tale Oan. Combined with my own information it would seem that this temple is a very real place indeed. Who knows what we might find there?"

He emptied his tankard in one swift gulp.

"Let us retire gents, and set upon our way at first light."

El ShasOcho

"Well that is an interesting one. That temple should be our first focus on our journey, as its powers may be quite helpful. Well, I'm with Ja'nus, I have an interesting day, and sleep is the best healer. Let us leave at first light, and Zothern will have to catch up in the morning, assuming he doesn't arrive shortly."
Marcus drained the last drops from his tankard, and climbed the stair to his room. Removing his cloak, he laid his warhammer on his nightstand, his dagger under his pillow, and extinguished his candle.

Narric

Zothern plodded up the stairs, tired from speaking to so many of the locals, yet hearing nothing further useful then the Guard he spoke to. He heard a great deal of talking within the room the Inn keeper had told him his comrades were situated. He gave a brisk knock on the Door, and let himself in.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"You guys go ahead. I'll stay up a little while longer and plan our route now that we're decided. I'll make sure I try to plan rest stops that are sensible for all of us. And who knows, I might get lucky with that barmaid while the rest of you are turning in so early." Oan said with a chuckle before turning back to the map to plan.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Ravager Zero

Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Narric

"If any of you are good at crowd control, please raise your hand before I start lopping off their limbs" Zothern smirked, eyeing the closest group of daemons. He scowls at the closest, testing to see if fear can be found in the monsters.

(PM sent earlier, but forgot to say :shifty:)

The Man They Call Jayne

Ja'nus stepped forward, summoning essence and preparing to bathe these deamons in an inferno of magical fire. . .

(PM of actions sent to Rav)