News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1000 Point Tournament Orks

Started by Waaaghpower, March 27, 2013, 04:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Any advice for this list? I've got a tournament tonight and want to kick ass.
HQ:
Warboss - Warbike, Attack Squig, Power Klaw, Cybork Body - 150

Troops:
15 boys - 1 Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole - 130
Da Boss's Nobz - 5 Biker Nobz - Painboy, All Cybork, Waaagh! Banner, Bosspole, 2x Kombi Skorcha, 2x Power Klaw - 360

Fast Attack:
Dakkajet - Fighta Ace, extra Soopa Shoota - 130
2 Deffkoptas - Rokkits, 1 Bigbomm - 105

Heavy Support:
Battlewagon - Deff Rolla, Kannon, 1 Big Shoota - 125

Boys go in the Wagon,  boss starts off in the Nobz unit. If needed, The Boss can slingshot into turn one combat using the deffkoptas scout movement. I'd mostly use that for sniping heavy stuff, but it could be entertaining. And if I don't get first turn, no bother: Just leave the boss with the nobz.
Any tips? Places I could save points? Ideas for interchangeable stuff that would work better?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

I'm not up to speed with the flyer rules, but the rest of the list looks solid. The only thing I can add is that I sometimes opt against kannon in favour of as many rokkit launchas as I can fit, but that's neither here nor there.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Waaaghpower

Why would you replace a kannon woth a rokkit launcha? It's equal strength, greater range, and has a blast mode. And they cost the same.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Wait, really? My memory must be way off, I was thinking the Kannon was in the 30-40 points range. In that case, the list looks great.

Waaaghpower

You're thinking of the Killkannon. It's expensive and reduces transport capacity, but large blast.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

No no, I was thinking of the regular Kannon - just thought it was WAY more expensive than it really is :).

Waaaghpower

Oh.
Well, anyways, this list won the tournament!
I also have choice words about the Grey Knights, but due to censorship on here I can't repeat them.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Awesome to hear! Any chance we'll see battle reports?

(As for the Grey Knights thing... tell me about it >.>)

Waaaghpower

My Biker Nobz... my poor Biker Nobz... 'Oh. By the way. You all get hit automatically and get one attack each and can't do jack shit about it. At all. And your Warboss took one wound, so he's just dead.'