News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1000pt Ravenwing List

Started by Vyper, January 24, 2013, 05:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper

Here is my idea for a small list to get me into the new Dark Angels. The idea is obviously to just keep moving and to try and spread both the opponent's attention and his weapons thin.

Sammael
-200pts

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (*5)
>2* Plasmaguns
>Chainsword
Attack Bike
>Multimelta
Land Speeder
>Typoon Missile Launcher
-294pts

>2* Meltaguns
>Chainsword
Attack Bike
>Multimelta
Land Speeder
>Typhoon Missile Launcher
-284pts

Ravenwing Darkshroud
-80pts

Land Speeder Vengeance
-140pts

Total: 998pts

I'm looking at table performance, fun and also cost and am trying to balance all three, which is mainly how I settled on this list. C and C welcome, but your probably going to have to present a pretty strong case to get me to change anything. ;)

Narric

Quote from: Vyper on January 24, 2013, 05:36:00 PM
Ravenwing Darkshroud
-80pts

Land Speeder Vengeance
-140pts
May only point of contention is these things. I do hope you won't fork over money for the official kits. I understand you're trying for cost effective, but I don't think anyone would be caught dead with the offical models in their collection.

Personally, I'd use the points to get more bodies on the board, as 4+ Cover isn't that bad, especially as thats on top of a 3+ Armour save on a T5 model :P

Or you could stick with regular Land Speeker Typhoons (IIRC, thats the one with the missile launchers right?), which is a lot more versatile.

Thats just my opinion though.

Arguleon-veq

I would drop the vengeance, they really arent very good at all, I would also add an assault cannon to the darkshroud. They are pretty durable thanks to 3+ jink. I would probably add a second of these rather than the vengeance then you can pair them off with your ravenwing squads. Be careful with the lone typhoons and attack bikes as with them having to be deployed on their own they can give up easy first blood.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Vyper on January 24, 2013, 05:36:00 PM
Sammael
-200pts

>2* Plasmaguns
>Chainsword
Attack Bike
>Multimelta
Land Speeder
>Typoon Missile Launcher
-294pts

>2* Meltaguns
>Chainsword
Attack Bike
>Multimelta
Land Speeder
>Typhoon Missile Launcher
-284pts

Ravenwing Darkshroud
-80pts

Land Speeder Vengeance
-140pts

Total: 998pts

I'm looking at table performance, fun and also cost and am trying to balance all three, which is mainly how I settled on this list. C and C welcome, but your probably going to have to present a pretty strong case to get me to change anything. ;)

First things first, you can only take the Speeders in an Attack Squad if you have 6 Ravenwing bikers, and the Ravenwing Attack Bike is not a Ravenwing Biker per se. But no worries, my advice is essentially to not include the Speeder into the Attack Squadron.

I personally would drop the Vengeance, as they really are overpriced for what they do an their range is rather pathetic and dangerous for your bikers if they are too close. The Darkshroud is a good unit and unnaturally durable for something so fragile and I would say keep that unit.I would personally downgrade the Plasmaguns to meltas and take the two Typhoons from the Attack squadrons and put them into a Land Speeder Squadron. With the points left over from the reduction and the exclusion of the Vengeance, you can take another Typhoon squadron of two Speeders.

That way, you will not give up too much Kill Points, and also provide your force with sufficient long-range anti-tank and anti-infantry firepower for this point level. And four Typhoons is much more deadly than one Vengeance and could also target more units with a greater firepower.In addition you can also use the Speeders as shields for your bikers to hide behind if the situation calls for it.