News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (Backup) - Roleplay Thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercute

++++ Vulkan to Khan ++++

Ok loading into drop pods and thunderhawks now. Meet you on the ground. Military tragets only. Will do.

Good hunting
Vulkan

InsaneTD

Angron looked over the requistion forms to be send to the Mechanicus. Several Void Shield Generators, enough materials for several orbitals, plus the personal to build them. A couple dozen surface to orbit guns, mines, more Q- and System Ships. He was begining to think his men wanted Spartica! to be as heavily defended as Terra or Fenris. Still, he couldn't argue with them. He dicided to send a message to Guilliman with the forms attached, see if he couldn't help wrangle some of the equipment from Mars.

*** Angron to Guilliman***

Brother,

As I mentioned previously, I've orderes my men to fortify Spartica! and I was hoping you could help me with the Mechanicus to organise some of the materials and personal .

Sincerly, Angron.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

+++Loop message from Leman Russ to human presence at (3,6)+++
This is Leman Russ, Primarch of the Vlka Fenryka from the Imperium of Mankind. We come in peace in the name of the Emperor. Please respond.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Thantos

+++Guilliman to Angron+++
Certainly brother, I will speak with the mechanicus personally to gather resources for Spartica, on your behalf. Good luck with your impending crusades.
Brother Rouboute+++

Guilliman slid his hand into his armoured gauntlet. Metal snugly encased each of his massive digits in powerful cermite. It slotted into place around his wrist bracer and power flooded to the gauntlet's servos. He flexed his fingers, then formed a fist. It felt good to be back in his armour, he had missed the fire of battle, and now with a Xenos threat near Terra - it was his duty to strike out and nullify it before it could spread.
Rouboute paced over to the armour rack - his wargear encased in a glowing blue low level statis field to avoid tarnish. The Eldar were devious, and never engaged with humans without meaning and good reason, he wondered why such an army had moved to Terra now.
It is as if they want to lure me out... but why would they want to do that specifically?  Leave Terra less defended? To kill me? Such thoughts are bordering paranoid! He shook his head and smiled. He would crush their fragile bodies and prove himself as Senashi of Terra. He crushed his gauntlet into a fist causing the servos to whine.

He picked up a powerglove. It was the latest trial design, an underslung bolter on the bottom nearest his smallest finger. Like his tactics, Guilliman liked to adapt his weapons; a weapon suited for each enemy. Although he favoured his powersword and his pair of powergloves above all others. He bolted up a glove onto his left hand. He could have had his menials arm him, but he preferred to do this himself, it was therapeutic before battle.

Horus was said to be arriving soon, warp permitting. It would be good to talk to him before the battle. But if not, Guilliman was sure to find time to meet him on terra afterwards.

Rouboute made a mental note to talk with Corax so that they could time their attacks in a pincer to greatest effect. This time, the Eldar would have nowhere left to flee!
Guilliman activated his powerglove and blue lighting arced between his fingers, he held it up and flexed it. The blue light casting shadows across his face.

InsaneTD

***Angron to Warmaster Russ***

Leman,

The knights Exodus seem to have been lost in the Warp to a freak Warp Storm. All other elements of my Fleet and force have made it with no trouble.

I would like to request two battlegroups of the fleet as replacement for my loses.

Sincerly Angron.

Wargamer

+++Astropathic Signal from Region {3,6}+++
It would appear your 'Imperium' is gifted with powerful Visionaries; no other world has ever been able to call to us as you have.

We would permit you to enter our space and greet with us, if you so desired.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Eagle eye

With Lion El' on a exploration trip chief Apothacary Valurien continued his primarchs works on his own

experimentation as follows

Name:Subject 5334
Species: Human
Previous Occupation:Guardsmen
Psykick Power:none
Added genetics:Lz86

summary: Test subject 5334 showed imediate protentional. however subject started to laugh uncontrollably and before he was sedated he tore a hole in space and time and got sucked in. the librarians quickly shut the rift before it consumed the lab into the abyss. the fault was caused by untrained perhaps we need to train the volonteers

*** Lion El to Leman***

Brother Russ i would like to request some assistance in fortifying Caliban due to the thread next door

Thantos

A blast of searing plasma bypassed Rouboute's conversion field and exploded against his shoulderguard, vaporising a fist sized chunk of cermite. In response, he lashed out his powersword and decapitated his attacker.
The Hrud were strange foes, Rouboute didnt understand their odd warp-plasma weaponry or how they moved forces around so fast. But he did know that a well placed bolt shell ended their lives the same as it would any other Xenos!
He smashed his powerfist into another enemy and sent it flying 20 meters to impact a bulkhead.
He marvelled at how the aliens could step through into warpspace at will, to change positions on the battlefield - such tactical flexibility could be acutely deadly in the hands of a tactician like Rouboute. He would study the empire's remains and learn how they moved and adapted so fast, he would work with his Librarians and the Mechanics to unlock some of their secrets, once the Hrud were dead.
Guilliman blasted a trio of bolts from his underslung bolter and punched more enemies from their feet. For now, he was savouring the feel of battle!

Rouboute was aboard his flagship, The Fist of Maccragge. The battle was over and minimal losses were sustained due to the perfect timing of the Ultramarines and Raven Guard strikes. He wrote a message to Corax, congratulating him on a solid battleplan and inviting him to talk and discuss the campaign on Rouboute's flagship, as it made way back to Terra. He had yet to meet with his brother Horus and to get recent specimens to the laboratories on Terra and Mars, it would not do to delay.

He read his messages. His brothers had fared well in their own battles it seemed. Minimal losses for all Legions. He half smiled; a part of him thought that perhaps the leadership of the new Warmaster was a good thing to unite the Legions, after all...

More reports. A new race of trans-human Beastmen have been brought into the Imperial fold. A new mutation, a change for the better perhaps? Adapted to excel at close quarters warfare. He nodded and sent a message of congratulations to Mortarian for his good work with finding new resources, the beastmen could be used in the grand scheme of things - if kept separate from regular human troops so they did not effect morale.
Guilliman put down his slate. He was surprised with himself, a few months ago he would have abhorred any change to the human genes - mutation or deviance from the human form of perfection - he would have petitioned to exterminate the beastmen.
But recent events... including the discovery that one of his most loved brothers, Angron, was privy to mutation and mutable changes to the standard genetic template... had made Rouboute come to embrace these ... adaptations.

Like any good predator knows, adaptation is an essential part of the evolution process. He picked up his slate again and continued to read.

+++Rouboute Guilliman to Horus Lupercal+++
Brother Horus,
I head straight back to Terra to meet with you - I have had a rare chance to get my gauntlets dirty defending Terra from Xenos who strayed too close. It was a most enlightening conflict.
I trust you can find ample to occupy you at the Terran system; with the Mechanicus, the laboratories and Father - perhaps you can coax him to talk, out from his bunker he has grown so fond of.
Brother Rouboute+++

+++Rouboute Guilliman to Mortarian+++
My congratulations with bringing these new "Beastmen" into the imperial fold, brother. Im glad to see you have blossomed with your new legion and are carving your own path through the stars. I wish you much success with future campaigns. And please send a few beastman specimens back to terra for study, it would be good to divine the nature of their adaptations.
Brother Rouboute++++

+++Rouboute Guilliman to Corax+++
Well fought, Brother! Our combined might meant the Xenos had no chance to resist! I hope you can find time to visit my flagship on the journey back to Terra, if you are travelling in that direction. It was an honour to fight alongside you again.
Brother Rouboute++++

Railgun Convention

The initial assault was quick and efficient - across five different planets, multiple fleet elements smashed into orbital defences, and seeded the ground with enough warriors to rip apart the crude ground defences. The expected casualty rate never got into gear, and Scars biker teams ripped through several large military installations. With the Salamander's and Thousand Son's assistance, Khan himself got stuck in on the empire's capital, and was able to end the final battle with relatively light casualties by first eliminating what artillery pieces the beserkers had deployed, and then rapidly closing with the enemy's general. He was a large man with plenty of strength, but he could not take the combined force of several direct bolter hits and a power sword slash from the speeding bike. Surrounded and outgunned, the beserkers finally surrendered. Enemy casualties had been far higher than anticipated, but the civillian population was mostly undamaged, bar one unfortunate incident where an orbital gun platform had smashed into its planet right next to a major population center, killing several hundred thousand.

Now out of the battle, Jaghati was getting reintegration underway. He set up an order for a flotilla of orbital defence platforms to guard the newly captured systems, and for the cleanup crew to move in. Hopefully this population would not take long to bring into the fold.

Looking at the incoming reports, however, he saw that all was not well within the Imperium. The lack of supplies from Golgotha was one thing, but the Mechanicus civil war striking up on Stygies and Metallica worried him immensely. It seemed it would be a good idea to send forces to keep an eye on what was effectively his back yard forge world.

+++Jaghati Khan to Vulkan, Magnus
I shall be leaving some forces here to see this place is folded in as soon as possible. Feel free to do the same, but otherwise, we're done here. With the disturbances at Stygies and Metallica, I shall redirect some forces to keep an eye on Golgotha, and make sure that it doesn't turn hostile as well.
[/b]
So how many crashes have I survived now?

petercute

vulkan and the firedrakes leading the first wave of drop pods to the planet below. Spread out to cover all the miltary tragets. Hitting hard and fast. flamers and hammers in action. Frist few hours were the bloodist, as we overwhelm them completely.

Vulkan met with khan after the main battle in the captial. "Quick and easy campaine brother, Lets hope these planet will keep under imperial rule.
Salamamders will help protect and serve this world.

The regenuration project will now be in affect.

petercute

Home world of Norture.

+++Captian Valaya salamader 8th to Vulkan+++

working on the recuirtment and fortifocation of are planet.
Progress going well. The main base is going well. The planets volcanao are providing the raw metals require. The forges are going overtime to sluply. Still have lots of raw matrials left, looking to export it to the forgeworld. contacting the local forgeworld with your promission.

Captain Valaya out

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Russ and his Wolf Guard made planetfall to begin negotiations. They were still unaware of what had happened to the Explorator fleet, but the fleet in orbit was still scanning and scouting the system for clues.

As he stepped from his Stormbird Russ received an encrypted message from the shipmaster of the Hrafnkel informing him of rebellion on Stygies and Metalica. He growled in frustration. He had only just arrived here, he was bound to see out the first stage of the negotiations now. He turned to Lord Gunnarsson, Jarl of the First company and told him to return to Hranfkel to assess the threat and fin a way of dealing with it.

Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Wargamer

The Mechanicum was in uproar, and the black-armoured "Imperators" were stalking through every Astropath's hall, listening for information as to why.

Communications were coming back and forth, often contradicting previous missives. The problem, as the Imperators saw it, was that the Mechanicum was an alien entity; the Imperium knew little of their rites and rituals. They were a law unto themselves, bound by oaths of brotherhood that were, in theory, mutually beneficial.

The Stygian Order was painting a very different picture. They portrayed the Mechanicum as having betrayed itself. The Archmagi had "sold their souls", to use the archaic vernacular, to the Emperor. They spoke of independence - liberty from the Imperium, and from the religious madness that ruled their culture. They wanted the Mechanicum's sovereignty back. Once that was in place, their propaganda claimed, they would work alongside the Imperium as its equal, not as its lapdog.

Yet the 'Loyalists' told a different tale. To them, the Stygians were blasphemers against doctrine. They dabbled in forbidden arts - it was they who commanded the Cybernetica. It was they who hoarded xenos relics. It was they who dabbled and tinkered with the sanctified knowledge of the Omnissiah to their own self-righteous ends.

Both sides claimed the other would lead the Mechanicum, if not all of mankind, to its doom. However, most troubling for the Imperators was the subtle shift in politics - the way certain Forges became curiously reluctant to comment on their political opinion, or the significance of their Electoos and binar-laden robes. How many of those who claimed to serve the Imperium were loyal to the Stygian Order, or some other group like it? When the Imperium called upon the Titans to help end this uprising, would they turn their guns on the Legions?

For now, only one thing was certain for those who observed the data flow - that neither side wished to bring the Imperium into this. Openly, publically, they both pledged to continue to aid the Great Crusade.

The question now was whether either side could be trusted...
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

El ShasOcho

+++ Perturabo to all Primarchs, leaders of the Mechanicus +++

Brothers,

The internal conflict within the Mechanicus may lead to much unnecessary bloodshed. I request that none at this time join one side or the other, and rather do your best to prevent all conflict. It would be best if we can reach an agreement between the two sides, rather than having them tear the mechanicus in two and become weakened. I would be willing to help negotiate these talks, along with Warmaster Russ if he wishes, and any other who feels they have personal insight or reasons for negotiation. Please, for the sake of the Imperium, let these talks take place.

Perturabo of the Iron Warriors

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

The Man They Call Jayne

+++Magnus to Perturabo

"The Mechanicus is essential to the Imperium, as we are to them. The Seperatists do not wish to cause harm, they simply wish to operate differently to the Loyalist factions. I understand their position, and neither I nor my men will take up arms against them. By waging war on the Mechanicus we can only alienate them in the future and that will have lasting repurcussions for us all.

They will die as men, as they lived. They will not sell their souls to the machine.

Magnus +++

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4