News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Imperial guard Becoming Astra Militarum (Re-skinned and Re-tooled?)

Started by Narric, March 11, 2014, 10:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeGrunt

Militarum Tempestus are the Storm Troopers, Astra Militarum is the standard Guard.

The Taurox doesn't get a real Battlecannon. It's S7 AP4 and not Ordnance. The armour is also 11\10\10, and it costs about 80pts. Overall, it seems pretty crappy.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Man They Call Jayne

S7 AP4 Large blast isn't something I would sneeze at, anything less than MEQ is going to suffer against that.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

And even at S7, with it being a Large Blast even MEq is going to have something to worry about.

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on March 29, 2014, 08:59:20 AM
The armour is also 11\10\10, and it costs about 80pts. Overall, it seems pretty crappy.
Am I the only one that thinks that is a little underwhelming for the model?

The Allfather

Seems to fit the Guard theme perfectly though. Lots of cheap tanks. Although I think its a butt ugly model.

salamut2202

Quote from: The Allfather on March 30, 2014, 02:50:36 AM
Seems to fit the Guard theme perfectly though. Lots of cheap tanks. Although I think its a butt ugly model.
But I like their feel to be implaceable. A fast lil' rhinoesque thing with a dumbed down big gun that feeling this model does not give.

CoffeeGrunt

The squishier the troops being carried, the better the transport you want for them. Otherwise explosions tear squads apart.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

The Allfather

Quote from: salamut2202 on March 30, 2014, 07:01:47 AM
Quote from: The Allfather on March 30, 2014, 02:50:36 AM
But I like their feel to be implaceable. A fast lil' rhinoesque thing with a dumbed down big gun that feeling this model does not give.

I suppose it depends on what kind of Guard Army you like. I like the idea of waves of utterly expendable no-faces to be thrown into the grinder. On the other hand I also like an Elysian style fast transport army.

The Man They Call Jayne

At least the Venator /Warthog looked good though. Like an actual, usable fast assault unit.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Charistoph

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on March 31, 2014, 08:50:04 AM
At least the Venator /Warthog looked good though. Like an actual, usable fast assault unit.

Actually, I think it looks more like a Puma...
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Railgun Convention

Quote from: Charistoph on March 31, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

Nah, definitely a Walrus.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Narric

Spoiler
Quote from: Railgun Convention on March 31, 2014, 04:02:53 PM
Quote from: Charistoph on March 31, 2014, 03:24:20 PM

Nah, definitely a Walrus.
Would you two stop making up fanciful animals?! Its a Warthog!

I think thats enough joking now :P

Charistoph

Wow.  I'm honestly surprised to see the Hydra on there.  It's a Forgeworld kit, and they've reticent in recent years to snipe from them.

Having seen that, though, I'm not surprised to see it have an alternative build, but just as surprising to find it to be a heavy mortar build.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

salamut2202

Mabbz

So, those new orders. I quite like "Smite at will", "Move, move, move" remains unchanged and "Forwards, for the Emperor" is just Al'rahem's "like the wind" now available to generic commanders. "FRFSRF" now works on hotshots, and you can give pinning and precision shot with the other two. Frankly, I don't much care for pinning since we have plenty of barrage weapons for that, but precision shot could be pretty powerful.

I'll miss "Bring it down" and "Get back in the fight" if they are really gone, but a tank commander with his own tank orders is confirmed so maybe they'll be somewhere else. Speaking of which, we have a tank commander now! About time.