News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Behind Enemy Lines - WH:40k using Covert Operations rules (sign up/OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 18, 2016, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

No worries, just next time clear it with me first before posting in the RP thread :)

I'll write up the fight tomorrow, to give Wargamer a chance to tell me how he'll react to your modified post. If I don't hear from him then I'll just assume he'll keep up the distraction (at least as long as you don't get caught)

Wargamer

I think I'll keep up my act unless it looks like Rambo might need help.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Mabbz

Some poor dice rolling in that fight. Wexler was effectively killed by the Fire Warrior in melee. I'll determine any possible injuries after the combat is over, but at this point all he can do is use the "Still not dead" heroic action, using all his remaining Narrative Points in the process:

Still not dead (2 points): this guy just will not die! He's been gutted, roasted and lost half his face, and he's still after us! How?!
Use when a Kill Team model or base leader dies. Instead of removing it, place it on its side. At the start of his next turn, he gets back up with one wound remaining, and may act as normal. At the end of the game turn, and every subsequent game turn, the model automatically suffers a single wound that can only be prevented by the Feel No Pain special rule, if the model has it.

Narric

Narric

That we find the Comms tower.

That I could wait until after the encounter, in case a city wide alarm is sounded, that way I can act accordingly.

Mabbz

You can post about finding the comms tower and starting to get it ready for whatever transmissions you plan to make (speaking of which, better let me know who you're trying to contact). I'll do a post later detailing the results, probably at the same time as continuing the fight.

Mabbz

Oh dear. Turns out having a 4+ armour save is a huge advantage compared to you two, since I decided to give you only a 6+ (I figured you'd hide some kind of bulletproof vest under your civilian clothes, but I wasn't going to claim you'd hidden carapace armour). You are both unconscious. Fortunately the Tau take prisoners, but when you wake up you will be in custody with a lot more Tau. Barring a lot of luck and a good plan, you are going to have to rely on outside forces for a rescue.

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

I will use any and all narrative points to not, ya know, die. I think that would be a good move for my character.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Are Maria/Mabbz and I gonna have to turn this into a Great Escape parody to get you out of trouble? :P

Mabbz

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2016, 03:54:43 PM
I will use any and all narrative points to not, ya know, die. I think that would be a good move for my character.
Firstly, I don't like to use your NPs without your permission first, with re-rolling saves being the only exception so far. I have decided to implement a new rule by the way: if I use a Narrative Point to re-roll a save, the point is only lost if the re-roll succeeds (no re-rolling a re-roll). Also it might be a good idea if people give me some idea of when I can use their points without needing to check first, for future reference.

Having said that, you aren't dead (Ok, you did get 'killed' in the 40k rules sense, but in this instance it just means knocked out). You have been captured, but that just mean you get the chance to perform a thrilling escape! Don't look at this as being imprisoned. Think of it as the Tau helping you to infiltrate their base.  ;)

Quote from: Wargamer on May 03, 2016, 02:48:26 PM
Couldn't resist.  :P
Neither could I :P

Quote from: Narric on May 03, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Are Maria/Mabbz and I gonna have to turn this into a Great Escape parody to get you out of trouble? :P
Yes, probably. It is possible that Wexler and McTavish could escape without us, but it'll be a lot easier with us.

Narric

Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2016, 05:15:34 PM
"I have been trying to learn Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker," spake the angel. "If you have a deck, we could do that? If I can get good enough, I might be able to join The Emperor and Tzeentch in their games."

Well that was certainly something that was animated and viewed by me.....

Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2016, 05:25:01 PM
Think of it as the Tau helping you to infiltrate their base.  ;)
The warp is looking very Xenos today. I miss when it was Heretic and chaos themed.

Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2016, 05:25:01 PM
Quote from: Narric on May 03, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Yes, probably. It is possible that Wexler and McTavish could escape without us, but it'll be a lot easier with us.
If only one of them dies in the attempt the other could pull a count of monte cristo to escape solo :P

The Man They Call Jayne

When using my Narrative pPoints, you have free reign if it will keep me in the land of the living. Other than that, I will decide on an as and when basis, depending on the desperation of the situation. If we absolutely have to kill that one guy in our way to somewhere important for example.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

So how is the prison food? :P I'm sure Maria, Steve and Hertius can improve your claustrophobic circumstances soon XD