News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop to Go Their Separate Ways in 2017

Started by Irisado, September 12, 2016, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisado

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-path-forward/

This is disappointing news in my opinion.  I rather liked some of their role-playing collaborations, and even though the standard of editing and proof reading of some of the books was a bit of a let down, the concepts and narrative were well executed.

If anyone wants to pick anything up, I'd recommend making it a priority before the year is out, as it doesn't seem as though they will retain any of the collaborative works in stock come 2017.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Thantos

FFS, Dark Heresy 2nd ed already out of stock... that will teach me to delay buying things *RageTableFlip*

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on September 14, 2016, 11:39:51 AM
FFS, Dark Heresy 2nd ed already out of stock... that will teach me to delay buying things *RageTableFlip*
I'm sure stockists like Wayland will still have some, and there is always eBay :P

So many games by Fantasy flight I was interested in, but hardly anyone around to play them with :(

Irisado

I was in a similar situation.  I wanted to try out some of the roleplaying games, especially Black Crusade, but there was nobody around here who was interested.  Still, at least I have the book, so I may get to put it to use at some stage in the future.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Cammerz

I've had a lot of experience playing Dark Heresy, I've also played; Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Only War and Dark Heresy 2nd Edition. Fortunately the group I play with own at least one copy of most of the books and I have most of them in PDF form but we're disappointed that we won't be seeing anything new in the future.

If we're very lucky then FFG will work extra hard to get as much as possible released in the next few months and if they're really nice then if there's anything left unreleased at the last minute then they could dump it all onto the internet as digital-only.

I can see GW wanting to regain the monopoly on boardgames but I'd have hoped that they might leave FFG with the roleplaying games. I can't see GW picking up the baton in that regard and from what I've heard of GW's attempts at RPGs back in the 80s, they left a lot to be desired.

Narric

The entirety of Rogue Trader reads as an RPG game akin to D&D :P the only difference was the scale.

I think my Local forbidden Planet still has stock of certain FFG games.... Hey Thantos, if theres a copy of Dark Heresy there, should I pick it up and send it to you? :P ;)

Thantos

Quote from: Narric on September 15, 2016, 01:39:20 PM
I think my Local forbidden Planet still has stock of certain FFG games.... Hey Thantos, if theres a copy of Dark Heresy there, should I pick it up and send it to you? :P ;)

That would be cool! I can paypal ya back for it. 2nd edition please :D