News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Roboute Guilliman Inbound

Started by Sorck, February 04, 2017, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorck

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/03/march-for-macragge/

So the Primarchs are no longer Forgeworld only - Ultramarines Primarch Roboute Guilliman is being released in plastic.

IMO the proportions of the Guilliman miniature don't look quite right. He could also be a tad more dynamic in pose. However, I'll look into picking one up as part of my Ultramarines elite units collection.

There's also another couple of miniatures - Fallen Angel Cypher and Grand Master Voldus.

Thoughts?

Narric

This reminds me of the "End Times" of Warhammer Fantasy. Makes me wonder if GW are gearing to completely strip down 40k to its baser elements like with Age of Sigmar.

Looking just at the models (becuase I don't want to get invested in 40k lore again) I kinda don't like the primarch model. His torso just seems too short, and his legs too long. And that face... I'm sorry, but aren't most primarchs described as earth-shakingly handsome?

Cipher looks cool, and the update from the old gunslinger model is welcome. It looks a lot more dynamic, and the new and additional details are really eyecatching.

Voldus on the other hand..... Could easily be mistaken for a kit bash. Heck, if GW published a unit entry and no pictures, converters would likely have built a much more impressive model. There just doesn't really seem to be enough to make this model stand out to me.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on February 04, 2017, 12:43:07 AM
This reminds me of the "End Times" of Warhammer Fantasy. Makes me wonder if GW are gearing to completely strip down 40k to its baser elements like with Age of Sigmar.

Looking just at the models (becuase I don't want to get invested in 40k lore again) I kinda don't like the primarch model. His torso just seems too short, and his legs too long. And that face... I'm sorry, but aren't most primarchs described as earth-shakingly handsome?

Cipher looks cool, and the update from the old gunslinger model is welcome. It looks a lot more dynamic, and the new and additional details are really eyecatching.

Voldus on the other hand..... Could easily be mistaken for a kit bash. Heck, if GW published a unit entry and no pictures, converters would likely have built a much more impressive model. There just doesn't really seem to be enough to make this model stand out to me.
People from Warhammer TV have very clearly said that this isn't the End Times in 40k, just story progression. They could be lying or misinformed, but they've been pretty accurate lately, so I doubt it will be.

I like Girlyman with the helmet better, so the weird head doesn't bother me. I can see the issues with the torso, though.
I don't think that Voldus is as bad as you claim. He's not that unique, but he's got a distinctive 'Tired, but still fighting' kind of aesthetic to him that I like.

I'm assuming that this is gonna be another triumvurate like the other ones, possibly a 'Triumvurate of the Adeptus Astartes' or some such schtick. If so, we'll probably get to use these characters in any Imperial army, which will be... Interesting.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Cammerz

So Robot Girlyman has got his hands on the flaming sword of the Emperor eh? Well if anyone would I suppose it'd have to be Matt Ward's favourite son.

I didn't see this coming but I'm not surprised.

Even if this isn't 40k End Times it certainly draws comparison.

Does Cypher's appearance with the Lion Sword mean the Fallen were the goodies all along and the rest of the Dark Angels are in fact the baddies? (From the Imperial perspective obviously, there are no goodies in the 41st millenium).

Sorck

Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 04, 2017, 05:47:32 AM
I'm assuming that this is gonna be another triumvurate like the other ones, possibly a 'Triumvurate of the Adeptus Astartes' or some such schtick. If so, we'll probably get to use these characters in any Imperial army, which will be... Interesting.
My Imperial Guard have always wanted a Primarch as their HQ. :P Given than Chapter Master Dante is a Lord of War, Guilliman really ought to be as well.

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Sorck on February 04, 2017, 11:47:29 AM
Quote from: Waaaghpower on February 04, 2017, 05:47:32 AM
My Imperial Guard have always wanted a Primarch as their HQ. :P Given than Chapter Master Dante is a Lord of War, Guilliman really ought to be as well.
'Marneus Calgar may be chosen as a Lord of War choice for any imperial army," maybe?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Wargamer

That's not Robute Guilliman, that's Cato Sicarius in disguise! :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Sorck

Quote from: Wargamer on February 08, 2017, 11:53:28 AM
That's not Robute Guilliman, that's Cato Sicarius in disguise! :P
Prepare for a "And they shall know no defeat" special rule that automatically gives them victory/kill points so as not to lose the game outright. ::)