News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Possible return of the XV15?

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, July 15, 2012, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Just spotted the XV15 on the Finecast range and a seperate model for a squad leader.

Does this suggest that the 15 might be back in our new codex? Maybe some kind of Stealth Troops choice?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Masked Thespian

From what I recalled, the XV15 was already in the Collectors' section in metal; having them in Finecast is simply GW updating their entire back catalogue one bit at a time.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

The Man They Call Jayne

Awww.

Oh well, I won't get my hopes up again then. :P
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Its not just the XV15. They have also taken down the Vespid, the Krootox, Kroot Hounds, Pathfinders, Shadowsun, Aun'va, and Broadsides.

Either Tau are either getting a Codex or Product line update. We'll see soon enough I think.

Masked Thespian

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on July 15, 2012, 06:01:36 PM
Its not just the XV15. They have also taken down the Vespid, the Krootox, Kroot Hounds, Pathfinders, Shadowsun, Aun'va, and Broadsides.

Either Tau are either getting a Codex or Product line update. We'll see soon enough I think.

All of those are now on advanced order in Finecast, though the Broadside and the Commander are now available as upgrade packs rather than separate boxes including the plastic Crisis Suit kit.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

Hm. Cool

They've had the products down for a few days, so it wasn't news to me that the XV15s were non-available. Didn't spot them in the AO until today, thanks MT.

Stewie Griffin

Quote from: Masked Thespian on July 15, 2012, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on July 15, 2012, 06:01:36 PM

All of those are now on advanced order in Finecast, though the Broadside and the Commander are now available as upgrade packs rather than separate boxes including the plastic Crisis Suit kit.

Hmmm... does that equate to a price increase then for the Broadside and Commander kits?  Just seems like a sneaky way of doing it to me...  :shifty:

Wild

It is a price increase, however the irony is that it's because of the fact that the XV-8s prices went up while the Broadsides and Commander stayed more at a constant these past years.  Because it's using the XV-8 now as a base and they're resin upgrade kits for it, the cost of both suits did go up, but only to match what was already inflated.  Translation: The cost of the model went up if you purchased a Crisis Suit at it's current price, and stayed the same price if you bought said Suit at it's original price before it was increased.

Tactical Genius

Wild; that was very hard to follow. Gw are putting thier prices up yes. but not significantly. On the fine cast resin note, i purcjased a chaplain with jump pack on saturday and i must say the quality of the casting was pretty poor. its full of dimples and blemishes :-(
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.

Soundwave

is there any reason we cant field the much better looking 15's along side our 25s? aside from the fusion gun not being there.

Narric

Quote from: Soundwave on July 18, 2012, 04:18:42 AM
is there any reason we cant field the much better looking 15's along side our 25s? aside from the fusion gun not being there.
None, really.

You could use the XV25 models to represent your Shas'vre, and the XV15s your shas'ui.

Who uses Fusion Blasters on their Stealth suits, and is it a concern n 6th Edition?

InsaneTD

I worked out while I was in GW the other day that XV-88s only went up by about a $1 on what they whre here. Not a massive increase. I didn't think to check what that did to the Command suit but I've never wanted on. Everything in it can be converted.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on July 18, 2012, 09:05:40 AM
Quote from: Soundwave on July 18, 2012, 04:18:42 AM
None, really.

You could use the XV25 models to represent your Shas'vre, and the XV15s your shas'ui.

Who uses Fusion Blasters on their Stealth suits, and is it a concern n 6th Edition?

I have seen some people using it, but personally I prefer the Crisis Suit for such duties. And Stealth Suits are somewhat back, but as of this moment people would still prefer Deathrain suits, Fireknives and Broadsides as they are now boosted up.