News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Endless Chambers - Roleplay Thread

Started by Narric, December 21, 2012, 01:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Valleries crate opened silently, and smoothly. Slightly shocked by the lack of prank, she peered inside the omminous crate. Sat atop, was an wide brimmed work hat, similar to what Indiana Jones always wore in the movies. A small reflection underneath implayed metal, and as Vallerie movce the hat to one side, she was stunned to see a perfectly restored Nock Gun. Necessary bags of shot and power, and the tools for reloading were next to it. Then there was a military combat knife. Finally, a large unmarked book sat at the bottom.

Vallerie wasn't quite sure what to do with these items.

The tube opened for Daniel with a delightful *Pop*. peering inside was a plue piece of paper.
"Blueprints?" he questioned aloud. He pulled out and examined the blueprints. Unfortunately, he couldn't understand what the blueprints were for. He cursed the one responsable for taking away his memory. Something on the page caught his eye. His signature, and a Date. He couldn't remember the date from before he was emprisoned, so the date meant nothing to him.

James' shoulder was becoming sore. Breathing heavily he rested on the wall opposite the "Door." Brute force was n'tgoing to open it, and as technical wasn't something he practiced, he had little chance of opening the door himself.

As he stepped back, he kicked the Dictaphone

The Man They Call Jayne

He picked up the dictaphone, realising that apparantly he hadnt hit play before. He did so now.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Carefully rolling the frustratingly vague blueprints back up and storing them in the tube, Daniel fished the PDA out of his pocket and finally opened the message therein, hoping it would give him some clue as to how to get out of the featureless room he was currently in.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

LinnScarlett

So much for the guys pulling a stunt, Vallerie thought. Who then might have done it? Picking up the fedora Vallerie put it on and tugged it straight with a practised ease. It brought back shards of memories - sand, sun, laughter and the thrill of finding buried artefacts, uncovering ancient knowledge. She had been in the field, to digs, often in the past. But when she tried to remember any such an occassion inparticular, the memory would not come. Cussing under her breath at the lack of mental fortitude she returned her attention to the crate.

She picked up the Nock Gun and admired it for a while, it was almost of museum quality! It looked to be a restored original... could it truly be? She wondered why anyone would have left it here for her, but the bags of shot and powder, necessary tools and the military combat knife left little to the imagination. It was meant to be used. That might just yet ruin it! Although she supposed that, when it came down to it, she'd rather ruin it than be ruined herself. After a moment, she stuck a finger in one of the barrels and felt around. At least its a smoothbore, she thought. 

Lifting the weighty gun she tested its leather sling, which appeared remarkably new. Confident that it would hold she slung it across her shoulder. Now what to do with the utensils? She couldn't just carry them around in her hands and even her trail pants did not have pockets for quite such things. She thought for a moment, and then an idea occured to her. Grief, these were one of my favourite, she thought with a sigh. She sat down on the ground and zipped loose one of the legs of her pants at it's knee-height joint and tugged it off over her boot. She put the cloth on the ground, took the combat knife and tried to cut the cloth along its long end to create an angular piece of cloth. After that, she'd cut loose the elastic in the hem. That way, she could put all the items in the cloth, tie it with the elastic string and have everything packed away. In the left leg of her favourite pants. Lovely.
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Narric

As the quartet of captives individually began to read, or listen to their strange final message, they paid close atteniton. Regardlesss of conveyence, the message was such.

Greetings, my prizes.
So sorry I was not there for your awakening.
You will not remember me, for I ahve taken your memories.
We have also never met.

Despite what you think, I am not doing this out of evil.
I am merely running a small....
Experiment, and you happen to be a test subject.
Be ever so kind, and not die, and maybe
my associates and I will let you leave peacefully.

Please do be careful as you leave your "Cells."
I am not sure what will happen once the test has started.
Inside your crates, you will find items the belong to you.
This is to give you a choice.
Do you return to your old life?
Or will you embrace a new one?

One final note.
Don't do anything stupid, especially
when big red buttons are involved.

Simultaneously to the end of the message, each door unlocked and slide upwards, revealing a corridor lined with doors. Each door is staggered, so occupants in opposite cells cannot see eachother through the open doors. At the end is a Blast door, with a control panel to its left.

The Man They Call Jayne

As the door slid open James brought the rifle up to his shoulder with practiced fluidity. He crept out of the door cautiously and took shelter in the nearest alcove. It allowed him a good veiw of what was around him without being too easy to spot.

Mabbz

OoC
I assume we're all in the same corridor, and not just identical corridors.

Grabbing the cane, Catherine moved to the door and peered cautiously into the corridor. "Hello?"  she called nervously. "Anyone there?"

Ravager Zero

Daniel stood with his back against the doorjamb, having watched enough cop shows and horror movies to know that walking straight out the door was never a good idea. He thought he heard a voice. A woman's voice. No harm in answering, right? he thought to himself.

"Hello. Who's out there?"

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Relief flooded through Catherine at the sound of another voice, followed immediately by suspicion. What if the man was responsible for her imprisonment? Pulling out the pistol, she spun into the corridor, pointing the gun with shaking hands in the direction the voice had come from.

"Who are you?" she asked in what she hoped was a strong voice. "Why should I trust you?"

She was blissfully unaware of the fact that the safety catch was on. Guns were not her specialty.

LinnScarlett

Vallerie look up as she packed away the things she had been given, having heard voices. One somewhere to her left, the other, somewhere to her right. Hoisting the gun and improvised bag over her shoulder she took out the knife and crept towards the door. She was not about to give herself away until she knew more about the owners of these voices. For all she knew, they were responsible for this... whatever the hell this was!
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

The Man They Call Jayne

James counted 3 distinct voices. He couldnt see anyone directly though, so determining lines of fire was impossible. The voices echoed around the corridor.

He had been armed. It was reasonable to assume that others had been too. Diffusing the tension was essential.

"My name is James!" He called out into the corridor. "I am a former soldier who was apparently taken and brought here against my will. I have just been released from a cell in this passage. I do not know who brought me here or why, but I have no desire to injure or attack anyone who is in the same situation. Can you indentify yourselves?"

Ravager Zero

Daniel heard an authoritative voice from down the corridor, stating that it belonged to a soldier, taken against his will.

"My name is Daniel. I used to be a field engineer, fixing things. I think was at some weird bar last night

The Man They Call Jayne

"I. . .I don't know. I don't remember much. I'm not injured though."

Cautiously, James stepped out from behind the wall, his rifle not in a firing position, but held in such away that made it clear it could be raised very quickly.

"So. . .we need to get out of here. Who else do we have and what skills can we bring to the task?"

Mabbz

"I'm Catherine. I seem to be in the same situation as you; no injuries and no memories." She lowered her gun and glanced sheepishly at James. "I'm not sure what use I'll be. I'm a primary school teacher."

The Man They Call Jayne

"Everyone can serve a function. Nobody is useless. It may well be that we have been selected because of the skills we possess."