News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Beyond the gates of antares

Started by silverfuge, January 16, 2013, 11:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfuge

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2037958218/beyond-the-gates-of-antares

Ok so one of the lads at my club posted this on Fb and I reckon with the name being attached people may (or may not) wish to have a look. Rick priestly is in charge of this and some of models look ok and some look amazing but have look and judge for yourselves.

Comments below please.
Gm is God

Zen

Rick Priestley, Father and Architect of Wargaming, I like him; made some good rule sets so I thought, "Why not?" so I pledged. It should be interesting.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Zen on January 17, 2013, 09:16:25 AM
Rick Priestley, Father and Architect of Wargaming, I like him; made some good rule sets so I thought, "Why not?" so I pledged. It should be interesting.

Actually H.G.Wells is the Father of Miniature Wargaming.

But that saying, I recall this upcoming game from some talk a while back as I remembered that it is a D10 system, which is unique for a miniature wargame.

Paradoxrifts

Here's some Q&A videos that Dark Space Corp posted up on Vimeo, but from the looks of how the project is trending on Kicktraq it does appear, right now, that they are going to fall well short of their targeted

silverfuge

Its seems like its come out of no where, usually kickstarter projects have trailed the forums building suport but in this case other night they've sprung up thrown ricks name in and gone give us money.
Gm is God

Irisado

It's a nice idea, and it's refreshing to hear a games designer talk about the flaws of the D6 system (of which there are many), and explain how much freedom can be added to rules design if you move away from this system.  I liked what he had to say.

The downside is that I really don't feel grabbed by the more science fiction theme that he, and his associates, have devised.  I prefer science fantasy.  As a result, I'm not going to get involved.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente