News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

[Fantasy] Tunnel Dwellers

Started by Arguleon-veq, January 25, 2013, 01:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

This is the fluff for my own fantasy realm. It used the daemon rules and heresey miniatures models. With the new Chaos Daemons not far away I thought I would dig out and refine my old fluff in anticipation of using one of my favourite armies again. The army come about mainly because I liked a lot of heresys models and so found an army that fit them and wrote the fluff to place them somewhere in the fantasy world.

Tunnel Dwellers

In times past, in the north of what has now become known as the Dark Lands, east of the realm now known as Kislev, the Gospadors were not the only realm of noble man. There are whispers of a long forgotten civilisation. A civilisation brought low by disaster and Chaos, a civilisation that hung on to this world with every ounce of its dying breath. For better or for worse. They are now known only, as the Tunnel Dwellers.

History tells us that around the Imperial year 950 [ Year - 45 in the Gospadorian Calendar ] the Gospador Tribe began their migration west due to increasing expansion by the tribes of the Chaos Wastes. Why though, had these attacks increased in such numbers as to cause the Gospadors, a hardy tribe who had endured for centuries, to embark on a mass migration west?.

The nomadic Kurgan and Hung, the main sources of attacks on the Gospador homelands were not in fact trying to expand their realms or spheres of control. They were fleeing from a threat that threatened to wipe their people out. Brutal storms of magical energy washed over the northern landscape, mutating all in its path. Even for the Kurgan and Hung, foul worshippers of Chaos both, this was too much. Whole tribes were mutated into mewling messes in single storm wracked nights. They sought the
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Fhanados

I vaguely remember this from a while back. Was this project log on TauOnline back in the day? I remember it being incredibly awesome with slug people, plague mites and guys with hooks on sticks. If this is indeed the same army, I welcome the return of the well thought-out background you developed. It was amazing!

Arguleon-veq

It was, I'm hoping the new daemons army book will let me represent them well. Horrors better be good because I have about 60 slugs to represent them! Lol
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33