News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Database crash

Started by Mabbz, February 08, 2013, 11:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I figured I'd make a topic about this, since I imagine a bunch of bugs are going to crop up. Here's a few points:

1) We only have three themes. Are the others coming back?

2)
Spoiler
Well these didn't last long :'(

3) I think the sigs have broken too. They appear to have reverted to an old version, and they don't have a scroll bar.

4) Apostrophes and speech marks are broken in various places. They work in this thread, but take a look at older posts.

5) No Karma count.

Cammerz

I'll add to this that the post counts have also reverted to a previous time, not sure how long we've lost in this respect but its a considerable length of time.

On the positive side of things, we still have all the latest posts and the spell check is still active.

Mabbz

Also, I keep getting a red box telling me to check the archive. It's mildly irritating.

InsaneTD

I was getting that before the crash.

Mabbz

Zen

I r da anger. I thought we moved to a new database to avoid these kind of issues i.e. database crashes.

Mabbz

Spoiler
Huh. Spoilers are back, but they're different. Or is it a theme thing?

I think I preferred the old version, but whatever.

Sorck

Spoilers returned and are back to their old settings.
Karma has returned.

Quote from: Finn on February 09, 2013, 12:06:22 PM
I r da anger. I thought we moved to a new database to avoid these kind of issues i.e. database crashes.
Nothing ever seems to be invulnerable. However it is more stable than it used to be. With any luck we will be having a live backup system installed soon.

Quote from: Mabbz on February 08, 2013, 11:15:11 PM
I figured I'd make a topic about this, since I imagine a bunch of bugs are going to crop up. Here's a few points:

1) We only have three themes. Are the others coming back?
Seems they've been disabled but they are still there.
* Sorck Enables everything barring the theme which has problems

LinnScarlett

Drat, my post count and coveted Karma have disappeared - oh noez! Will they be coming back? :O

In other news, I am glad that all the actual posts and everything are still there. Should I wait around with changing my Profile back to its normal state, or? The red archive box is kind of irritating, it keeps make me think the post misloaded or something similar.
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Narric

Sorck, you do realise that the "Labs" archive is no longer accessible?

Sorck

Quote from: Narric on February 11, 2013, 02:18:25 PM
Sorck, you do realise that the "Labs" archive is no longer accessible?
I have noticed but that'll take a few days to get back up and running... I'll have to change almost every single SMF file for it to work. :(

Quote from: LinnScarlett on February 11, 2013, 01:35:35 PM
Drat, my post count and coveted Karma have disappeared - oh noez! Will they be coming back? :O

In other news, I am glad that all the actual posts and everything are still there. Should I wait around with changing my Profile back to its normal state, or? The red archive box is kind of irritating, it keeps make me think the post misloaded or something similar.
I will work on restoring the post counts and karma in the coming days. I should be able to restore most karma unless it was in Jan/Feb last year as I think the karmalog wasn't working properly then.

InsaneTD

Minor quibble, some smilies aren't working. Still, no rush and thanks for getting 2S back up. :)

Mabbz

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on February 12, 2013, 05:54:51 AM
Minor quibble, some smilies aren't working. Still, no rush and thanks for getting 2S back up. :)
I still have a few of them saved. I've put them in an attachment in case Sorck needs them.

Sorck

Smileys should all be back:

:shifty:
:facepalm001:
:derp:
:pie:

InsaneTD