News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Not Warhammer-but you guys might know.

Started by Minrat, February 19, 2013, 04:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minrat

I found some cool mlp vinyl figures (yes-i'm weird.....but half the people here have mlp pics for their avatars, so whatever).  Anyways-they have a terrible joint at the neck.  http://www.toywiz.com/ponyderpyhottopic.html and http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/MyLittlePony//My+Little+Pony+Bubbles+Vinyl+Figure-144782.jsp being where i have found them.

Anyways-from the photos there you can see the horrible line at the neck and i'm wondering how you guys would go about fixing it.

I figure get a really malleable green stuff equivalent, push it in, and try to find a paint that is exactly the same as the rest of the figure, but as it is vinyl the difference in paint will probably be obvious and i wouldn't want to ruin the figure (especially as i would give it to someone after working on it...wouldn't want my parents or sister to see ponies in my room).

Can anyone think of something that would work better than my thoughts?  (would my thoughts work at all?)

Would light sanding to make the seam less obvious work on vinyl?

I've no idea and you guys seem good at this-so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

The Allfather

I don't think sanding would work, since its a negative space instead of a mold-line type of thing. They do make a liquid Greenstuff that would work in something like that, but you'd need to paint over it afterward.

Narric

If you want a Derpy figurine, go search art sites like DeviantART. I've seen some people so statues and figures, eiter for auction, or by request/commission.

If you've got you heart set on this , and you're comfortable with a non-moving head, than Green Stuff and paint will be the way to go. I'll let you decide if you go for Liquid or Putty.

I reckon you'll easily ind a suitable paint. Just don't limit yourself to GW.

Thantos

Waaaghpower

Ahem.
Bubbles? Seriously? I understand you might not want to call it 'Derpy' (After the flak the show recieved and all that controversial stuff,) but it still has a TV sanctioned name too...
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.