News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Christmas 2013 Escalation: WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. IG in "Stompa vs. Hellhammer!"

Started by BigToof, December 25, 2013, 03:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

Christmas 2013 Escalation: WAARGH! Grumgutz vs. IG in "Stompa vs. Hellhammer!"

Hi All,
Merry Christmas!
For the first time in a LONG time, I am writing a post before the battle actually happens.
I have my mate's (pretty much) final list, and I'm happy (sort of?) to say that we have a

STOMPA VS. HELLHAMMER

Battle Extravaganza!

I'm not really sure what the Hellhammer is, but it sounds similar to the Baneblade.

The mission is Relic (!) and with Dawn of War Deployment.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play to the mission (which is possible for a unit of Grotz to grab the objective and load it

INTO the Stompa) or if I should just go Orky and plow straight for the Hellhammer.

Or you know.  Both.

It's... going to be interesting.

So, place your bets, and if you have any inspiring words of wisdom, I'd love to hear it!

Oh, and yes, there will be fluff, but not right now :)

Best,
-BT

P.S.  I will be implementing something to try and get more feedback.

Introducing: BigToof Points!  (or 'Toof Points, TPs)
If you reply before I post the full battle, I will keep a running tally if you guess right (victory, loss, draw) in my signiture.  If you guess right, you get a 'Toof Point and will be forever (or until I change my signiture) be immortalized for your tactical ability!  :)

------------------------------

Orks 1500pts: 50 Infantry, 2 Vehicles, 1 LoW, 1 Fort; 10 VPs
Big Mek w/KFF
Lootasx7 (Meksx3)
Shootasx10
Shootasx10
Grotsx10 w/Runtherd
Grotsx10 w/Runtherd
Battlewagon w/Deff Rolla, Big Shoota, Grabbin' Klaw
Battlewagon w/Deff Rolla, Big Shoota, Grabbin' Klaw
Stompa
Void Shieldsx3

Imperial Guard Hellhammer (1500pts): 47 Infantry, 2 Vehicles, 1 LoW, 1 Fort; 8 VPs
Lord Commissar w/Plasma Pistol, Carapace Armor
PCS w/Meltagunsx4
Guardsmenx30 w/Meltagunsx3, Lascannonsx3
Vets w/Meltagunsx3
Vendetta
Vendetta
Hellhammer
Void Shieldsx3
Coteaz
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

I think you will win this, but suffer heavy losses from the Hellhammer and the vendettas. Should be some fun fluff for the stomps though, definitely looking forward to that.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Cammerz

Ooh this will be a fun one, and as you haven't done the battle we can offer tactical suggestions, unfortunately my tournament record is poor at best so it might be better to ignore anything I have to say. Just remember that the relic can only be moved 6" at a time so storing it in the stompa might not work too well.

Nice to see the return of Wingnut, a shame Big Louie isn't around to help him but never mind. Just aim those Deff Rollas at his Hellhammer and hope your lootas roll well for anti-air, I'm predicting a victory for you here but I reckon the relic will be largely ignored for the whole battle (are we counting it as a win if the other player submits yet neither of you hold the relic?)