News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Orks VS Space Wolves and Adeptus Sororitas (Fluff heavy battle report)

Started by Waaaghpower, March 24, 2014, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Orks win, Wolves Wiped
0 (0%)
Orks Win, Wolves Survive
1 (50%)
Draw
0 (0%)
Wolves Win, Orks Survive
1 (50%)
Wolves Win, Orks Wiped
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Waaaghpower

I played a really fun 1850 game the other day, and wanted to share the results. I've set up a poll, to see who everyone thinks will win. There'll be lots of fluff, accompanied by turn-by-turn playthroughs and pics. (If I can figure out how to easily post them.)
Apologies in advance for poor grammar.

Deployment type:
Dawn of War

Mission Type:
Purge the Alien

(Yup. We rolled the most generic option available.)

Lists:

Orks:
Warboss Nad 'Urug 'Beeksmasha - Mega Armor, Bosspole, Cybork Body
Big Mek Zingy Gubbinz'es - Kustom Force Field, Burna

Leadbelchaz - 8 Lootas
Blasta Boyz - 8 Lootas

Da Krushas - 28 Ork Boys - Slugga/Choppa, Nob w/ Eavy Armor, Power Klaw, Bosspole
Da Killas - 28 Ork Boys - Slugga/Choppa, Nob w/ Eavy Armor, Power Klaw, Bosspole
Da Sharkies - 28 Ork Boys - Slugga/Choppa, Nob w/ Eavy Armor, Power Klaw, Bosspole
Da Iron Ladz - 20 'Eavy Boys - Shoota, Nob w/ Power Klaw, Bosspole
Da Boss'z Nobz - 9 Nobz, 1 Painboy, Grot Orderly, 2 Power Klaws, WAAAGH! Banner, Trukk w/ Red Paint Job

The Skullkrusha - Battlewagon - Deff Rolla, 4 Big Shootas

The Dragon's Claws: (Space Wolves)
Magos Thomas, the Mad - Rune Priest

The Wolf Lord's Guard - Wolf Guard - 1 Terminator, CML, 5 Power Armor, 5 Combi-Flamers, 3 Combi-Meltas, Drop Pod

The Trio of Fury: Three squads of 10 Grey Hunters, 2 Meltaguns, Drop Pod

The Pack of Blazing Steel: 6 Long Fangs, 5 Missile Launchers
The Brothers of Sunfire: 6 Long Fangs, 5 Plasma Cannons

Saint Achilles, The Beastslayer - Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, Rad Grenades, Psykotroke Grenades, Mastery Level 1, 3 Servo Skulls

Missionary Brother Hyrum - Uriah Jacobus

Saint Catherine's Sisterhood - 19 Sisters of Battle, 2 Flamers

The Angels of Fire - 5 Seraphim, 2 Pairs of Hand Flamers

Aegis Defense Line - Icarus Lascannon

Chapter 1: Green Dawn

"Saint Catherine," The Sororitas scribe said, rushing into the battle-tent with a stack of imperial dovunents in hand. "The greenskin forces are mobilizing. I fear they will sieze the battlefield if we do not move to stop them."

Saint Catherine, leader of the Adeptus Sororitas detachment who had been fighting off the Ork invasion on Aura, waved a dismissing hand. "Fear not," she said. "Our Battle Sisters will prove more than a match for them. Ready my Sisterhood to face the oncoming hordes."

"The Sisterhood alone?" The scribe asked, tentatively. Questioning the living Saint was never wise, but she wished to clarify.

"Send the Angels as well, and seek volunteers from the missionaries accompanying us," Catherine clarified. "Emperor willing, we shall not want for holy fire to end our foes on this day."

Orbiting above the planet, a Space Marine Battle Barge lay quietly, in wait. The Ork's ships had no sensors to speak of, and their stealth systems rendered them all but invisible unless they were to directly attack the enemy fleet. Lord Andrew, Chapter Master of the Dragon's Claws, sat at his desk as he drew out a strategy. Noting a blip of clear ground on a planetside swarmed with green, he called in an aide.

"Lord Andrew!" The aide said, rushing to kneel. "How may I serve you?"

Andrew gestured to the blip. "Why have the xenos scum not taken this plain? It is rich in land and resources, and yet they have not yet overrun it."

It took the aide several moments to respond, subvocalizing into a vox-bead and recieving an answer. "Sir," he said, "It appears that a small detachment of warriors clad in Power Armor are defending the area."

"Imperial?" Andrew asked.

"It seems so. The Aquilla marks their gear, as does the symbol of the Adeptus Sororitas," the aide clarified.

Lord Andrew nodded, contemplating. "Send in a team," he said. "The Sororitas are noble warriors. We shall see how our Astartes can assist them in defending that point. This may be the very foothold we need."

The aide nodded. "And who should we send to lead them? Even our greatest tacticians cannot fathom the Ork's plan, on account of the Xenos' madness."

"Madness, you say?" Andrew asked, a smile peeling up his lips. "Send Thomas. He should deal with them quite nicely."

Chapta' Wun: Da Boss's Plan

"Boss!" Came the echoe of a squeaky voice, a diminutive green figure stumbling into the wooden shelter which was functioning as Beeksmasha's battlefield headquarters. Nad Urug Beeksmasha himself was having a conversation with a Mek, Zingy Gubbinz'es, examining a new shoota which would soon be built into his Mega Armor to match the one already in place. The Grot piped up, making his voice known to the room. "Dem 'iddle beakies wif da' long 'air is mobalizin! I fink deys know we co-" He was cut off by an extravagantly loud BANG! as the Shoota went off, blowing the gretchen's head clean off, destroying most of his upper torso and arms in the process.

"Don' botha da boss while heez konduktin buziness," Beeksmasha said, his new shoota smoking. He had recently yltaken up speaking in third person, thinking it made him sound more imposing. Of course, if you asked him about it he would undoubtedly respond by saying, 'Fird per'on? Imposin'? Wut in da bleedin' 'ell are you on about?'

Grinning at the mek, his shoota still smoking, he said, "I like dis one. Ow'd you like to join da' ambush?"

Zingy blinked. "Ambush, boss?" He asked.

Beeksmasha grinned even more, his impressive rows of teeth showing. "We'ze ambushin dem Beaky gitz down by da hill at dawn. Deyz no good at krumpin, so we attack 'ile it'z still dark and dey won't neva see us comin'. We'll get stuck in good n' proppa, where dey won't stand a chance. Like da plan?"

The imposing Mek blinked again, looking up at the boss who towered even above him. "Uh, boss? What in zoggin' blazes is a' 'Am-boosh?'"

The Boss blinked for a moment, then smacked Gubbinz'es over the head. "For zog- Jus- go prep da Mega Armor. We'z got fightin' in da mornin'!"

Chapter Two: Unwanted Reinforcements

"Report!" Saint Catherine echoed. Twenty four Sisters of Battle were lined up in front of her, five clad in the armor of the Seraphim, 19 with the armor of the Battle Sister. Catherine's eyes narrowed. "Where is Sister Margeret?" She asked, her gaze focusing on the Sister Superior at the far end of the squad.

The Sister Superior, Emily Kaldwin, saluted. "She's been taken ill by corrupt thoughts, ma'am. Feeling that she was unfit for battle, I had her confined to the medical bay until she has recited sufficient prayers to the Emperor to be cured of impure thought."

Saint Catherine sighed. "Very well. Two warriors have volunteered to fight alongside you this day. These men-" She raised a hand to stifle sounds of disgust, "Will be treated with respect. Achilles, a Saint gifted by the Emperor with powers of blessing and divinity, and Priest Hyrum. Do not speak ill of them, for they serve the same Emperor as we. Am I understood?"

"Ma'am yes ma'am!" Came the echo of voices. Catherine smiled, ever-so slightly, as the two men of faith approached from the Echlessiarchy camp.

That's when one of the Seraphim saw the falling star. "Incoming!" she cried. Two vehicles, which Catherine recognized as Drop Pods (though of unknown origin), were on a course directly for them.

"BOLTERS!" Catherine cried, reaching for her sword as the Sisters raised their weapons to defend themselves from whomever would come out of the pods. The machines crashed, hatches blowing as fourteen Space Marines with unfamiliar chapter symbols stepped out.

Raising his hands in a gesture of surrender, the Marine who was apparently their leader stepped out of the pod. "We come in peace, Sisters," he said, "In hopes to assist you in fighting the Ork menace."

Sister Superior Emily's eyes narrowed as she stepped forward, her voice hard. "We need no assistance but the strength of the Emperor!" she hissed. "You can-"

"Kaldwin," Catherine silenced. "Hold your tongue. Space Marine, what is your rank?"

"High Magos Thomas," the man said, grinning broadly and eyes dancing as he bowed. "At your service."

"And you intend to fight with only twelve men?" She asked, arching an eyebrow.

"A single man in my platoon could kill a hundred thousand Orks," Thomas replied, winking at her and drawing glares from several Battle Sisters. "But thirty five more lay in wait for my orders for when we strike. Do you intend to fight with only twenty four?"

"Emperor willing, a single one of my Sisters could lay seige to the whole planet," Emily shot, "Join my Battle Sisters as they head to the front lines, and we will test the mettle of your men."

Thomas grinned at her, next, eyes sparkling. "Certainly, lass. Let us see whom the Emperor favors with his strength this morning." He reached for his axe, cheering, "To battle!"

Chapta Too: Da Am-Boosh

"So, boss... Explain 't too me ag'in," Zingy Gunbinz'es asked, as he surveyed the enemy's battle line in the distant, just barely able to make them out through the dusk. It was a fair number of enemies, but nothing that a massed horde of krumpin' boys wouldn't be able to deal with. "I don' fink I undastand."

The big boss, Beeksmasha, rolled his eyes and smacked Zingy over the head with his new shoota, which was now fused into the old one, triggers tied together by a piece of copper wire. "You stupid git," he snapped. "We'ze got to attack early in da mornin', so they won't see us comin'! Dat way we'll take dem weedy beaky gitz by surprise and clobber dem over tha' head wif our cunnin'!" He grinned, proud of his plan.

Gubinz'es, however, merely displayed a blank look. "Er... Boss?" He asked. "But dey'z been waitin' for us to attack fo' a half hour now."

'Urug Beeksmasha smacked his mek again. "You juf' don' undastand taktiks!" he declared. "Go join ya ladz, we'ze got some fightin' to do!"

Gubinz'es rubbed his aching head, before nodding and running off to join Da Krushas, his personal retinue of Ork Boys.

Beeksmasha grinned again, glancing at the horizon as he shuffled into his personal Trukk, hiz favorite Nobz all waiting for him. "Ready forz a good krumpin, boys?" He asked.

As he got in the trukk, though, he noticed something odd in the distance. Did some of dem Beakies get bigga? He thought, peering at their sihlouetes. Nah... Dem 'umies don't get no bigga.

DEPLOYMENT:

The 'Ard Boys are in the Battlewagon, the Big Mek is that big blog near the back of one of the Boys squads, the Warboss and Nobs are in the Trukk. The Rune Priest and Terminator Wolf Guard are the slightly and very big blobs in the Missile Long Fang squad, and Uriah and the Inquisitor are both in the Sisters blob.

Turn one really doesn't warrant a picture.
The Wolf Guard drop-podded down by the Warboss's Trukk, blasting it with a couple Meltaguns and taking advantage of model placement to hit some boys with their flamers. They killed a half dozen boys and managed to... Get a weapon destroyed result and just 1 Hull Point on the trukk. :P Meanwhile, a squad of Grey Hunters deep struck in front the Battlewagon, hit it with their Meltaguns, and blew it up.
Seraphim headed towards the Lootas on the left side, but were out of range.
Due to cover and Night Fighting, shooting caused pretty much no damage to anyone. Maybe 2 Lootas from the squad on the right died, and one Sister of Battle bit it. The Sisters moved forward, straight towards the big Ork blob.
The Ork Blobs moved forward, towards the Sisters of Battle, but were not within charge range (Over 12" away,) so they ran instead. The 'Ard Boys  were joined by the Mek, and assaulted the Grey Hunters for a handful of casualties on both sides.
The Boss's Truck moved flat-out on the left flank, crashing around the Wolf Guard and getting pretty close to the Long Fangs. Then, the boys who were right next to the Wolf Guard assaulted them, killing the whole squad without taking much damage.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

BigToof

A very nice start!
Which side are you playing btw?
I'm very interested into seeing how the wolves work with the Sisters, as they weren't high on my list of allies as their IC's can't join the blob.

Hope to see more soon!
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Waaaghpower

I'm playing as the Wolves/Sisters. The reasoning behind the Sisters was that he had no planes, and while my original list had a Stormraven allied in, I didn't want to be an ass and bring something he couldn't possibly deal with. (No, 16 Lootas don't count as AA.) After reading your battle report where the blob did hilarious damage against Bikers, I wanted to try it.

BigToof

Nice fluff!
I really want to see what the Sisters can do now, especially with such ahem... "excellent" support.
BTW, you might want to merge your chapters together, just add to the current chapter and post a note in your next reply, otherwise you'll have far too many posts for it to be easy to read.
For pictures, I use photobucket.  Just drop the upload the picture and use the IMG in the report.  It formats nicely in, and you don't need to do any editing.  The only thing you might want to do is try a sample picture just to make sure that the size of your pictures is to your liking.  Let me know if you have trouble, and I'll try to help.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Thanks for the kind words on my Sisters rep.  My IG rep isn't gaining as much interest.  ...  I blame the Baron :)
BigToof Points:

Waaaghpower

Quote from: BigToof on March 25, 2014, 11:00:01 PM
Nice fluff!
I really want to see what the Sisters can do now, especially with such ahem... "excellent" support.
BTW, you might want to merge your chapters together, just add to the current chapter and post a note in your next reply, otherwise you'll have far too many posts for it to be easy to read.
For pictures, I use photobucket.  Just drop the upload the picture and use the IMG in the report.  It formats nicely in, and you don't need to do any editing.  The only thing you might want to do is try a sample picture just to make sure that the size of your pictures is to your liking.  Let me know if you have trouble, and I'll try to help.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Thanks for the kind words on my Sisters rep.  My IG rep isn't gaining as much interest.  ...  I blame the Baron :)
Reorganized! Though now I have some blank posts on this thread...
I was surprised at how the Sisters did. I can't tell you how so, but after reading your battle report... I expected different results.

BigToof

BigToof Points:

Waaaghpower

Waaaghpower

Deployment is up. Last chance to vote before I close the poll!