News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Orks incoming

Started by Cammerz, May 25, 2014, 01:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

BoLS is suggesting Orks next with;
Quote- A new Ork Boys box triple-combo kit covering: Tank-Bustas, Kommandos, Flashgitz
- Buggie Combo kit (making the existing buggy and a new unknown kit)
- Mega-nobz Combo kit (making the existing Mega-nobz and a new unknown kit)
- Kopta Combo kit (making the existing Kopta and a new unknown kit)

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/05/the-not-subtle-hint-orks-incoming.html?spref=fb

I agree that Meganobz are in dire need of an update (they need to be bigger) and all the metal kits are becoming plastic anyway so these rumours look legit to me. I would personally love to see Ork Wartraks designed to be similar to those in the original Dawn of War games.
We'll see what happens, should be good.

salamut2202

There should be a warbpss kit aking to the Hive tyrant, Daemon Prince, Shas'O, etc already

Scoutfox

I agree Sal, they could really use a Warboss kit like that full of options.

Can't wait for the new codex and I've put off building/converting things until then. I hope they don't wipe out any units, just modify them and give us some new toys.

Not too keen on the gaurganaut so far but I've only seen the one WD pic.

Cammerz

Now up for pre-order, the Gorkanaut (or possibly Morkanaut)
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Gorkanaut
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Morkanaut

The Gorkanaut is piloted by an Ork Nob and wields a 'Deffstorm mega-shoota' whilst the Morkanaut is piloted by a Mekboy and has 'a profusion of worky gubbinz and zappy bits known as the kustom mega-kannon'.

It looks fancy that's for sure, the question remains whether GW will call it a vehicle or a monstrous creature.
When you see it alongside Deff Dreads and Killa Kans it looks pretty big;
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stompas-n-Krusherz-Collection

CoffeeGrunt

The full rules have already been leaked. It's a Walker.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

That Thing will probably be some sort of Walker Transport looking at it. I say that mostly due to that crotch compartment with no visable weapons in it, where Grots/Gretchin could easily be chucked into.

Looks ridiculous, even considering it as an Ork construct. The previous Mekboy toyz at least looked like they could move, shoot, clobber, but this thing looks like its ass is planted in the ground, and its over-compensatin claw looks like it can't hit anything in its front arc.

It would be very cool to see a genuine warboss kit. Chances are it will be based on the AoBR Warboss, as the Cato model got a re-release as a plasti-kit.

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on May 30, 2014, 07:01:16 PM
The full rules have already been leaked. It's a Walker.
Huzzah! :P

CoffeeGrunt

It's an AV13/12/11 Walker with the Kustom Mega Shoot being a Heavy 3D6 S6 Ap4 gun. It can Transport 6 models.

Narric

So a Warboss and some Nobz then.

Exc. the Gargant as that has Apoc rules, isn't this the first AV13 Ork vehicle?

CoffeeGrunt

Trukks are AV14, but I think it's the first AV13 exactly.

With 5HP and the new Damage rules, it seems to be a tough cookie unless you get lucky on the Pen. That said, it can get a KFF for a 5++.

Cammerz

I can see these things being pretty good transports for units of Burna Boyz (if people use them at all), otherwise yeah it would be Nobz with a Boss. The only real downside I can see is speed, the unit within isn't going anywhere quickly travelling inside a walker.

I'm glad that they aren't monstrous creatures, I forsaw these things being the Orky equivalent of the Riptide or Wraithknight.

Narric

Quote from: Cammerz on May 30, 2014, 07:49:27 PM
I'm glad that they aren't monstrous creatures, I forsaw these things being the Orky equivalent of the Riptide or Wraithknight.
If you think about it, they are. However it is Ork Tech, so it will not be able to act as quickly or as "organically" as a Riptide or Wraithknight as it is controlled by levers and buttons, rather then neurological/spiritual controls.

Charistoph

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on May 30, 2014, 07:44:17 PM
Trukks are AV14, but I think it's the first AV13 exactly.

Trukks are AV10.  You may be thinking of the Battlewagon?
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Scoutfox

Few too many Teef for me, though I can't remember the last time I bought an Ork unit. Overall I think it looks better now but I don't really like the train plow on the front. Think if I got one I'd just make an assault ramp that drops down like on my battlewagon. For the money I'd probably but the megadread and just figure out a way to make it transport Orks. My wife bought me an arm a couple years ago thinking that was all I needed.

The Man They Call Jayne

Seems more like an Orky Knight Titan.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

Ah, once again bringing the old concepts from epic back to life, are we?