News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Vector Sigma's Masterplan [OOC] Transformers RP

Started by Narric, July 23, 2015, 10:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Are we talking energy weapons and such like in this universe? Because I am considering something like a Broadside battlesuit but on a Riptide scale. Two massive shoulder cannons, point defends missiles or similar and insane armour. Just need to find a vehicle form with two big guns on it.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 30, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
Are we talking energy weapons and such like in this universe? Because I am considering something like a Broadside battlesuit but on a Riptide scale. Two massive shoulder cannons, point defends missiles or similar and insane armour. Just need to find a vehicle form with two big guns on it.
I personally didn't like the conventional weapons in the Bayformers movies. Energy Weapons make more sense, especially as this RP is Cybertron based, not earth.

If you want Ballistic missiles, I'd say you'd have limited ammo (similar to Rav's Firma setting). however, to be fair, I'd say you have some capability to make more from Cybertonium.
Cybertonium is also your "Cure desease and heal wounds" substance of this RP, so convert to missiles sparingly :P

As an aside, I really wish they didn't call the element in AoE "Transformium." You have so many Transformers substances such as a Cybertonium as part of the Franchise canon, and Bay pulls that out of his Arse?!!?

Also, the Medic tag can also apply for a Scientist, and I'm gonna adjust to have +1 Spark as well.

The Man They Call Jayne

Well point defense lasers make more sense. Presumably there is going to be some kind of energy cap? Even transformers run out of juice sometime. Or are we working on the assumption that our power sources will last plenty long enough for several protracted engagements?

Narric

IIRC, in the older shows, the transformers became fatigued from prolongued use of their weapons. Energy use was also the key reason behind a forced ceasefire on Cybertron which lead to the events of G1.

I am trying to keep this on a line between simple and complex, so I'll likely make it more a narrative aspect, and do it when it would make sense. I'll probably draft up some behind the scenes calculations to work out individuals limits for my own use. ;)

I want to say someone should take a Medic or Scientist, but then I'm just telling people would to roll as, and thats not real RP.

I need to write down more of the story. been mulling over some of the further along aspects, and haven't yet got them down.

The Man They Call Jayne

So, something like this?

Transformers RP

Cataclysm (Dinobot)

Mind    4
Body   6
Spark   3
Cog   3

Forms:
Cataclysm can shift between a heavily armoured SPG (http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4029.html) and a towering mecha form, bristling with Point Defense Laser Arrays and armed with 2 massive shoulder mounted energy cannons. He specialses in wholesale destruction and damage, either over a large area, or against a single target. Should a target somehow manage to reach melee range, he carries a large Energon Mace, which he will happily use to crush anything that poses a threat, or might pose a threat, or is in the way at the time. While he is more that happy to brawl with anyone, getting him to stop on the other hand can take a little effort.

Cataclysm prefers to engage targets at extreme range. Not out of any from of cowardice, but because the longer it takes someone to stop him, the more he gets to destroy. There are those who suspect that he has Decepticon sympathies with his love of destruction, however they are wrong. Cataclysm is loyal to the cause, because this cause allows him to bring his weapons to bear of those who deserve it.

Bigoraphy:
Cataclysm was created as all Transformers are. This tale is nothing new. What was different here was an unusual "flicker" in his Spark. Outwardly he was as normal as any other, but inwardly he was damaged, broken even. He thought little and acted much.

Intitially he was almost drawn to the Decepticon side of the war, his easily led nature and incredible power a big lure. But the Autobots reached him first. Since that day, Decepticons have fallen in droves before him and will continue to do so.

Narric

I like it :)

I'm gonna need to adjust some of the story, but hey, this is an RP. I should only point in a direction, not railroad you guys :P

[Update]
my second post has been repurposed into a Character Index.

The Man They Call Jayne

Was I not allowed the name I chose?

Narric

The Man They Call Jayne

Narric

With that fuck up under the carpet, just gotta wait for Mkoll and KoM, and possibly Mabbz if he chooses to join in. I know he said he'd jump in if needed, but there would be no harm if he joined anyway :3

Considering the strength of Draliant and Cataclysm, I'd say I could throw some decent odds against you lot ;) Considering my pre-determined enemy rosters, I'd reckon I need to add a few more bodies to throw at you XD

The Man They Call Jayne

So are we looking at a 3RR system here, or something a little different?

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 30, 2015, 11:18:37 PM
So are we looking at a 3RR system here, or something a little different?
Three Rounds Rapid and I'll do my best not to fuck it up like I did in my "Unit 52" and my "Dungeon Crawler" RPs :P

Paying attention to how Mabbz and Rav done theirs has made me see the error in my ways :P

kingofmonkeys

Im actually going to be away from my pc for a couple days I have 2 days off in a row for once and im going to go to a friends house i'll probobly be playing 8th edition fantasy the entire time so i may not have a chance to pop on till monday night. If you want to get going i can always join on the fly iT doesnt bug me

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

Its alright KoM, I'm away for a week as well seeing family, so I'm not planning on starting the RP that quickly. I will be able to get onto the forum, just won't have all my files :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Sorry for late reply, was at a wedding in Scotland and it's taken me longer than expected to get things sorted again. I'll try to get my character up tonight. :)
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http