News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

6th Edition Allies help

Started by Stewie Griffin, July 06, 2012, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie Griffin

Hi all,

Basically tomorrow a friend any me are having a 40k game, and to spice things up a bit (we usually just do 500pts) we've now decided we're going to give allies a try and instead run 1000pts each. Unfortunately this is where I need your help...

At the moment see, neither of us has the new 40k rulebook (my friend is getting his on his birthday in August), so what we are going to do is play the previous edition of 40k, but just add in allies and associated rules for allies in 6th Edition.

So to cut a long story short, I would greatly appreciate the following information:-

1) Where can I find some kind of allies chart? I remember seeing a great article on GW that someone posted in one of the many threads of LO a while back, but I cant remember which one and I can't find the article...

2) What are the rules for taking allies with regards to what amount of points they take up in your army? (e.g. must 50% be allies?) and what units are compulsory? I get the feeling it's 1HQ and 1-2 Troops minimum, but I'm not sure really

Thanks for your help  Once I get a rulebook of my own (or my friend gets one) then we can look up this sort of thing ourselves, but until then I'm reliant on the internet haha.

knightperson

The allies matrix is complicated, and if it's been posted on the Net somewhere, I don't know where that is.

The force org rules are not terribly complicated, fortunately. You take your 1 HQ and 2 Troops from the primary detachment just like in 5th, and you take up to 3 of the other choices, also just like 5th. If you choose to take an ally detachment, you must start with 1 HQ and 1 Troop from a different codex. You can then add up to  one more of each of Troop, Elite, Fast Attack, and Heavy from the allied codex. By the offical rules, you can also bring a single fortification, but I see that as little more than a way for GW to sell more overpriced Planetstrike buildings!
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Stewie Griffin