News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Has anybody played X-Wing yet?

Started by Lonely Tau, October 17, 2012, 07:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Tau

Recently a new hobby shop opened up on my way home from work, and I decided to take a look around and ended up playing a game called X-Wing. 

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174
^ Website for the game.

I had a blast playing it, even though at the current time things are very limited (the game was just released a month or so ago).  They already have 4 expansions out (X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Fighters, and TIE Advanced Fighters) with an additional 4 that are supposed to come out soon (The Millennium Falcon, Slave I, A-Wings and TIE Interceptors). 

Anyone else have a chance to play it yet?  If you have any questions I'll try to answer them, I'm just waiting for a chance to play a ton of games.

Wild

I picked it up, and we compared it a lot to Wings of War/Glory.  A lot of fun we've found out.

Zen

I played it and it's very easy to get into but IMHO, it's ultimately not very interesting considering it's only dog-fighting and who dog-fights just for the sake of it?

Lonely Tau

So, I got back from playing a couple of games today and I've learned something.

I'm actually pretty terrible at this game.

But I do still love playing it.  If they can keep new material coming at a decent rate and keep adding new missions it could end up being a great game.  Or for that matter if they would actually add some missions to the game it would be nice.  "destroy your opponent" gets pretty boring pretty quick.

Arguleon-veq

Just started playing this last week and it has gotten pretty big in some of the local gaming clubs, its an interesting game.

Mechanics are nice and easy.
Models are very nice and dont need painting.
Some fun upgrades for the ships to make them more unique than the limited number of ships would seem.

As has been said though they could do with more than simple kill each other games.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33