News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Enormous profile pictures.

Started by Mabbz, January 17, 2013, 01:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

A few members seem to have profile pics that break the formatting. I've attached a screenshot of the first one I noticed.

Railgun Convention

Mine is huge at the top of the page... does it look huge in the profile slot?
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Sorck

Sorry, I've changed how we handle avatars so that the site will load a bit faster. Unfortunately it has the unintended affect of making linked avatars too large.

If you have an oversized avatar then just load up your profile -> forum profile and then click save. That'll fix it by itself (no need to change your avatar, just resave it)

If you see someone else with an oversized avatar just flag it up and I'll resave it at it's proper size.

Tempest Six Two

Woo, go me and my MEGA PROFILE PICTURE.

Glad its sorted now though.
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Mabbz

kingofmonkeys has one too. Not that giant Fluttershy is a bad thing.

Sorck

Quote from: Mabbz on January 24, 2013, 05:51:12 PM
kingofmonkeys has one too. Not that giant Fluttershy is a bad thing.
Fixed.

InsaneTD

Isn't 2S meant to resize profile pictures when uploaded or something?

Sorck

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on January 25, 2013, 12:09:20 AM
Isn't 2S meant to resize profile pictures when uploaded or something?

It always has when you've uploaded a picture. However, some people linked to an external image in the past so it had problems when I changed the system. Now if you link to an external image then the server will download it and compress it... but it hasn't done that with old profile pics.

InsaneTD

Ah ok. Surprised mine isn't huge then.

Chocomel

Do pictures in Sigs also count for this topic?  Chicop76 has a huuuuuuge pony that takes up about 75% of my screen

Railgun Convention

Quote from: Chocomel on February 12, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
Do pictures in Sigs also count for this topic?  Chicop76 has a huuuuuuge pony that takes up about 75% of my screen
I don't think sig pics are supposed to change in size, but I can vouch for its hugeness and it induces lag when I scroll over it; basically, it's far too damn big and needs dealing with in some way. Possibly by telling Chicop to use a smaller damn image - it's no good if it's so big I can't see it :P
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Chicop76

Quote from: Railgun Convention on February 12, 2013, 06:53:12 PM
Quote from: Chocomel on February 12, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
I don't think sig pics are supposed to change in size, but I can vouch for its hugeness and it induces lag when I scroll over it; basically, it's far too damn big and needs dealing with in some way. Possibly by telling Chicop to use a smaller damn image - it's no good if it's so big I can't see it :P

Sorry about that. Didn't know the pony was soooo huge. Tx for the fix.