News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Deathwatch - The Dread Hulk [Game thread]

Started by Wargamer, September 28, 2012, 09:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Severus stepped up, deactivating his flamer to avoid his battle brothers. He brough his bolter up and fired twice, both shots sailing wide of the mark. Cursing to himself he took more careful aim and fired again, this time sepperating a Boy from his legs.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

The surviving Orks were in disarray, struggling to rally for a counter-attack.

Connolly was staggered backward as his Ork opponent rallied and charged again, bolstered by the mad dash of a second. Both Orks laid into him with knives, axes and even bare fists, but his armour held true under the onslaught.

Gunfire filled the chamber as a trio of Shoota Boys at the far end of the chamber opened up at the Space Marines. They dove into cover, keeping low behind the junk piles [All ranged attacks vs Shootas are resolved at -2 to hit unless you use a flamer, Kraken bolts or outflank them] and firing at the invaders on full auto. Their accuracy was poor, but Severus, Gideon and Samuel were all hit and staggered, though spared any serious harm.

Zoltan could feel the sickly prickle of the Ork collective psyche; the sense of their racial war-lust slowly waking in anticipation of the fight to come...
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Lord Sotek

Isaac snarled in fury as the Greenskin filth dared open fire on his battle-brothers. Storming into the room with a cry of "Fiat Lux!", shield held protectively before him, he barreled through the scrum to put his body and heavy boarding shield between his comrades and the firepower of their newest foes. One of the intervening Orks rose up to bar his path, axe upraised, but Baraqiel smashed him back with a full-body shield check before obliterating the staggered greenskin with a point-blank two-round burst.

Reaching his position and slamming his heavy boarding shield down into deployment, he crouched on one knee and unloaded into the Shoota Boyz with a ruinously accurate torrent of bolt rounds.

Belt Feed: 390/400 remaining.
((Unsure how a multiattack like this resolves damage, or if I have the actions left to do so, so I'm leaving those rolls to Wargamer. If I don't have enough actions for that last burst, have the Shootaz go and then go ahead and resolve Baraquiel's return fire as my next turn's action.))
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

The Man They Call Jayne

Severus approached behind Issac, using his shield for additional cover. His Flamer hissed into life and the servo arm it was mounted on extended forward.

A searing gout of promethium rolled forwards, engulfing the Orks position. Severus couldnt tell how many Orks had been hit, but the raging screams from the enemy position told him it was a few.

"You cannot cower from the light of the Emperor, greenskins."

Wargamer

[OOC]
For multi-actions, you should probably declare number of shots, then allocate logically.

For example, if you decide to shoot into a group, you'd apply hits to the front man until he dies much like in 40K (it's assumed you'll adjust your aim as you perceive the victim to fall). If you decide to just blaze away in a wide arc, you might put 1-2 shots at five feet increments, which may result in shooting empty space a lot between victims... but that's how a lot of full-auto fire works! :P

Just as a rule of thumb, here's some sample fire rates:

Pistols and the like can probably put 1-2 shots out an action, maybe 3 if you're really quick on the trigger.

Semi-automatics, like Bolters, can get up to 5 or 6 shots.

Storm Bolters, built for full-auto mayhem, can get up to 8-10 shots per barrel.

Plasma, as a rule, is a low-rate of fire weapon, and should never be more than 3-4 shots at a time. Same for flamers (the multi-shots in this case represent hosing the area with a lot of extra fire).

Finally, melee. Yes, you can stack melee hits... assuming you could clout multiple people at once! For example, if you could hit 2-3 enemies in a single swing (Thunder Hammer, much?) you can resolve the attack on all three.

[/OOC]

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Lord Sotek

((6 rolls, two each per shoota boy, and six wounds rolled. Hell fukken' yeah.))

Isaac felt as much as heard the familiar pings of crude bullets bouncing harmlessly off of his boarding shield before he could properly line up his sights on the trio of Shoota Boyz, but it mattered not. They were in his sights now, and they were doomed. The salvo of bolts had rocketed out with terrific accuracy- two bolt rounds connected with each ork, even though two passed through the spaces between them as he worked the combi-bolter from side to side. The orks came apart in a shower of green flesh and blood.

Noticing Brother Severus approaching behind him and beginning to extend his flamer, Isaac reached his gun arm up to gently block the path of the reaching servo-arm. "No need of that brother, these Orks have been neutralized. You may preserve your holy promethium for the next horde."

He shouted out behind him, into the continued melee. "Brothers, I can hold this door for as long as you need. I trust it to your capable hands to guard my back and cleanse this room's remaining Orkish filth!"
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Wargamer

The immediate threat was dealt with, but the echoes of the gunfire had barely died away before a great, feral roar rose up ahead of them. From within the bowels of the ship the sounds of conflict were awakening the green tide.

The Astartes knew from the surface scans that they were within striking distance of a gun deck, as well as what might be a launch bay of some kind. The gun decks were a priority if the capital ship was to close and begin boarding actions, but the launch bay would allow Thunderhawks, Storm Eagles and Caestus to brave the turrets and land supplies and reinforcements.

Both objectives, from what they had seen of the Hulk so far, lay ahead - into the jaws of the growing Ork Waaagh!

Mabbz

"Sounds like we could have more company very soon. We'd better hurry" remarked Samuel, heading towards the chamber's exit.

TopBanana

"Brothers, I recommend securing the launch bay.  Once secured, we might be able receive reinforcements to disable the gun batteries while we focus on the larger task of disabling this Hulk," said Jarda as he moved forward, watching the exits and listening to the distant roar of orks.
â€Ã...“Four and a half centuries of bitter, relentless war. A war that has swept seven sectors and hundreds of worlds. A war that has seen dozens of planets burn in the fires of Exterminatus. A war that has known the soaring heights of victory and the black depths of defeat. A war that must

The Man They Call Jayne

"Indeed, but without the guns in play our forces will be more able to get here safely. I would suggest splitting up and taking both objectives, but I suspect it will take all of our skills to make it work."

El ShasOcho

"I say clear the gun batteries first. Once we have the situation relatively under control there, we split up. Severus would stay and work on disabling the guns along with any others with heavy weaponry and explosives. The rest can head to the bay and wait until just before the first of the Thunderhawks arrive with reinforcements. We then assault the orks there and draw their attention so our brothers can more safely land. I've calculated that our chances of full success is 32.3, repeating of course, percent. Which is better than usual. Of course we can always adjust the plan as needed. How close are the reinforcements to arriving?"

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Mabbz

"I agree with Brother James' plan, with one modification" Samuel called from his position near the exit "I do not think it wise to leave Severus to disable the guns alone. If we were to follow this plan I would suggest that one person stay with him to keep him covered while he works. I volunteer for the task if there is no more suitable candidate. In any case, we should discuss this on the move."

El ShasOcho

"Agreed. At least two should stay, one with heavy weaponry and explosives to assist in taking out the guns, and one with advanced combat skills if there is an ambush and things get close and personal. Any volunteers?"

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

Brother Gideon listened patiently while the others outlined the plan. Strategic planning was never his fort
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.